• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
This is their self-published game. Can be played alone or with 2-3 friends in co-op multiplayer.

Experience an explosive game of cat and mouse set in a vast open world. In this reimagining of 1980's Sweden hostile machines have invaded the serene countryside, and you need to fight back! Go it alone, or team-up with up to three of your friends in seamless co-op multiplayer. By utilizing battle tested guerilla tactics, you'll be able to lure, cripple, or destroy enemies in intense, creative sandbox skirmishes.

https://generationzero.com

Trailer:

Last edited:

Savantcore

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting! Always up for some co-op shooty bang. 'Hostile 1980s Sweden' sounds fresh as well.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Open world Sweden?
With friends?
Shooting robots?
In the 80s?

So it's just Red Dawn but without the dumb shit, cool. I'm in let's go

Oct 25, 2017
SUNSET-RUNNERS.jpg
PESTS.jpg
POLIS.jpg
CARS-N-CHURCH-1.jpg
FIRE-RUN.jpg

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, it isn't a zombie game. This is a notable improvement over expectations.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this game has an equally as satisfying feeling of shredding robots as Binary Domain.

OP
OP
Toumari

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I was out as soon as I read it being multiplayer, sadly. Soundtrack seems good though.

Edit: Nevermind. Seems it also has single player. Yourself or 2-3 other people.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
80s Sweden was crazy if they had Metal Gears walking around their forests.

Looks awesome though

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Excellent vibe. One concern I have is that robots can become a rather stodgy enemy in a game like this.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
That opening shot with the walkman reminded me of the Netflix show Dark

giphy.gif

This game looks pretty cool. Definitely going to keep an eye out for it.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Hope this does well, even though I'm wondering who it will appeal to.
The four player co-op audience for games like this has been pretty big historically, even on the indie scale.

For example, Vermintide 2 went over a million in like a week or so, and PayDay 2 moved something like 8 million copies on Steam before going free.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I wonder if that's Mitch Murder's synthwork. He's been doing a bit of work for games lately and given the developers + the territory it kinda lines up. Doesn't really sound like his composition style though.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
cd17ca1ef43e878eacf1b3694c3a3074fe1607b3_hq.gif

"Half-Life. Horizon. And Stranger Things.

These were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect co-op game."

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
The four player co-op audience for games like this has been pretty big historically, even on the indie scale.

For example, Vermintide 2 went over a million in like a week or so, and PayDay 2 moved something like 8 million copies on Steam before going free.

I stand corrected. Guess this is gonna kill it. Is Avalanche moving towards becoming a standalone developer?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Man, Avalanche is putting in work. Not on anything I'm interested in, but still! I'm impressed. Hope this does well, even though I'm wondering who it will appeal to.

At least they're getting paid, yeah. Shame this is yet another one of their games I won't be playing, but one day they'll pay off the glory of Just Cause 2.

One day.

I hope.