• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao smh battle is not even over
Second week for Dark Phoenix barely
giphy.gif

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Holy fucking shit. $62 million domestic. In the golden age of comic book movies. And before this whole thing began I would have said X-Men was one of the biggest comic book properties.

Just fucking insane that they could have driven it into the dirt so hard.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Holy fucking shit. $62 million domestic. In the golden age of comic book movies. And before this whole thing began I would have said X-Men was one of the biggest comic book properties.

Just fucking insane that they could have driven it into the dirt so hard.
Perspective... X-men 1's opening Friday-to-Sunday weekend in 2000 was $54.5 million, and that was back when there were no good mainstream superhero movies after Batman & Robin tainted the genre.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Godzilla did turn out to be a horrible flop, but Dark Phoenix opened even worse and with the upcoming competition, I think it's safe to say that it won't catch up.

So, #TeamPhoenix (flyingman, LukarWuff, Has magic powers, subpar spatula, DeltaRed), if you want to wait for the movies to leave theaters like the original terms stated, that's up to you, but if you would prefer to get it over with now, that's also fine. Either way, this is our avatar for one month:
tj8LgGZ.png

giphy.gif

I am formally requesting a 1 month ban instead.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I still hate that I participated in this on a whim. I didn't even have any desire to see either movie. x(

Leunamus

May 18, 2019
Yeah, I'm gonna echo all the others and say that this is an empty victory.
The big fella deserved better goddammit.