• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017

As has been expected over the past few days, James Cameron's Avatar has swapped places with Avengers: Endgame, reclaiming the title of highest-grossing movie ever worldwide. The China reissue of the 2009 3D sci-fi phenomenon had taken an estimated RMB 58M ($8.9M) through 5PM local time on Saturday after re-releasing on Friday in the market. This closes and surpasses what was a $7.82M gap between the two films prior to China's resissue. Disney/Marvel's Endgame previously snapped up the top global crown from Avatar in July 2019. The current (and fluid) Avatar global total is an estimated $2,798,579,794 versus Endgame's $2,797,501,328.

Zoe Saldana wins again even when she loses.
05ed9040e202a3a0e0db1b3861ea7a17.gif

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I saw this coming a few years back, I had a vision, but I didn't want to believe it. Now it's true.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Cherry came out for people to see and the people deemed that no false gods should sit on the box office throne.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
At least until disney re-releases Endgame when the pandemic is over.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Disney will keep flip flopping avengers and Avatar to make money out of this "fight". I suspect they will trade places at least a couple of times.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
I'd actually bet that Endgame never takes it back. This isn't even a real Avatar rerelease. That will be coming closer to the sequels hitting and won't just be China.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
as much I would have loved to see this movie erased from existence, Disney will continue milking both endgame and this till kingdom come, so I'm not surprised. still would love for the better movie to be on top 😤

baskcm

Oct 27, 2017
Urghhhh avatar such a overrated movie I say rerelease avengers make the better film No1

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I still can't believe Disney owns this franchise now. Pandora in Animal Kingdom Disney World is pretty dope too btw.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
All because old men can't handle that Marvel is the new definition of Cinema.

Well I hope Scorsese is happy now, it's all ruined.

Disney must be pissed, losing that top spot to Cameron.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Time for Disney to re-release Endgame in theaters.

Oh you know they will. This fake competition between two movies Disney owns means they can keep rereleasing both movies and gullible folks online will fight over which one is "winning".

Even beyond that, rereleasing Infinity War and Endgame at the cinema once the pandemic is officially over is a smart move to get people back into the MCU.