• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Marbled Jelly

May 24, 2021
Here's all the info. No word on developers yet, but this source has always been reliable for Avatar news. I can't believe this is actually going to happen, this sounds like it could be the exact game me and so many other fans have been clamoring for! What are your thoughts on these projects as who do you hope is developing them?

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
RPG?

You would think an Infamous type action game would be the way to go.... Actually, Sucker Punch would be a cool match for the IP. For an RPG?... 🤷🏻‍♂️

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
I've been saying since Infamous 1 over 10 years ago that Sucker Punch would be a perfect match for an Avatar game.

It's the only other license I'd like to see Sony 1st party make lol.

jimbosimbo

Nov 9, 2020
Would be absolutely amazing if true, but I'm cautious even if there was something it would be low-quality and/or not faitful to the anime.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
An mmorpg? really don't know about that one

most I could see is a Niantic Avatar Go type release, something in that vein. And even then doesn't feel like it fits

CJCW?

Oct 27, 2017
Don't you dare get my hopes up. I've wanted a good Avatar game for too long to jump on some source I've never heard of just because it sounds nice.

I really, really want to be wrong about this.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'd happily play both of those. I liked the DS games but there's so much potential for a bigger game in the setting, which unfortunately the Platinum Korra couldn't fill.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait wasn't there an old Avatar game on the Nick website that let you create your own character? I thought that was so cool as a kid lol.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Wait wasn't there an old Avatar game on the Nick website that let you create your own character? I thought that was so cool as a kid lol.

6zfwc815ppy01.jpg

good times

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Please be good!
This world deserves a good Avatar game. Platinum worked on legend of Kora which in theory should have been a dream game but it was pretty bad. It had the budget of a peanut butter sandwitch

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Please be good!
This world deserves a good Avatar game. Platinum worked on legend of Kora which in theory should have been a dream game but it was pretty bad. It had the budget of a peanut butter sandwitch

It was pretty good considering the low budget. It's still the most well-realised game for that IP so far.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
A dragon age origins style rpg with each nation getting its own origin would be swell.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
What's the info say? Blocked at work. I'd be interested in the RPG if it's done well. Really don't want a character action game out of this series. Those moments were really cool in the show but it's not the bulk of the show.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
If it's mobile/gacha, I'm gonna pass even though ATLA is probably my favorite fictional world ever.

If it's a competently produced RPG or MMO though? Hell yes.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
An Avatar RPG where you make your own Avatar and choose your starting nation would be incredible. I hope whatever it is isnt just replaying through the show's story.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
From an avatar fan site, avatarnews?

I haven't looked into it but that raises some flags.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
It's kind of hard to believe both a RPG and a MMO are coming. I can kind of see one, but two? That just seems rather unlikely

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I'd prefer a fighting game with the show characters, but I will take this.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Sounds like a cool idea. Having just watched the series for the first time ever during the pandemic (I know), I'd be excited to see more of this world.