ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
http://torontosun.com/entertainment...nity-war-stars-tease-marvels-greatest-villain

Before untitled Avengers 4 opens on May 3, 2019, Marvel will release Ant-Man and The Wasp (July 6) and Captain Marvel (March 8, 2019).

McFeely says that he and Markus had to keep an eye on the plots of those two films (along with Black Panther) when writing their two-part Avengers finale.

"We made very small requests of these movies saying, 'It would be great if this person were still standing at the end of your movie.'

"We're relying – we will rely on – those two movies to help tell the story between Infinity War and Avengers 4."

This is interesting because people believed that Ant Man & The Wasp was set before Infinity War (it still can be, I guess), and of course Captain Marvel is set in the 90s but there may be present day stuff in it.

Oct 26, 2017
So, Ant man and wasp are going to be in the microverse when Thanos snaps his fingers. They pop out and everything is changed, they will be the only ones that know what happneed.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
My take (as also posted in the IW trailer thread): Capt. Marvel will somehow end up 'lost' (her story starts in the 90s but ends up in space), to be able to save the day in AV4.

I believe Lilly said that she isn't much in AV4 but that Rudd is; they're filming both at the same time. Rudd talked about having to 'switch' a bit regarding character between both movies.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My take (as also posted in the IW trailer thread): Capt. Marvel will somehow end up 'lost' (her story starts in the 90s but ends up in space), to be able to save the day in AV4.

I believe Lilly said that she isn't much in AV4 but that Rudd is; they're filming both at the same time. Rudd talked about having to 'switch' a bit regarding character between both movies.

Wait...both are gonna end up time travelling in same verse. Remember, Ant Man heard his mom in the microverse or whatever preserved same as ever.

Captain Marvel, Ant Man, and Wasp gonna end up there then pop out in Avengers 4 like:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Capt. Marvel is probably going to have some time-relativity stuff going on where she goes lightspeed and ends up w/ a similar situation to Cap. America.

Probably a lot of jokes between her and Star-Lord incoming.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
wouldn't be shocked if Captain Marvel starts in the 90s and she ends up in space, traveling through time or something, and comes out in modern day in A4

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capt. Marvel is probably going to have some time-relativity stuff going on where she goes lightspeed and ends up w/ a similar situation to Cap. America.

Probably a lot of jokes between her and Star-Lord incoming.

I want Captain Marvel to be ubber spice girls fan.

"Thanos, I'm going to tell you what I want..."

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
We've already had someone frozen in time (not counting possible quantum shenanigans) and I don't think we've gotten absolutely any time-relativity stuff at all so far, despite people traveling the galaxy (including visits to Earth).

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
You have to keep an eye because it is the same universe. If they add stuff you will have to take it into consideration =P

This does not imply the movies are being set chronologically between infinity war and avengers 4

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Huh. I just assumed they would have hardly any impact on the fourth Avengers. That's cool though.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can't Antman just shrink Thanos into irrelevancy? What would be the counter to that?

Thanos can control energy and matter, even without the Gauntlet. At least he could in the comics. (Where he regularly goes up against the Silver Surfer.)

He also knows a little something about magic.

If he weren't the bad guy, he would be way too OP.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
ManaByte

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California

giphy.gif

ttimebomb

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is interesting because people believed that Ant Man & The Wasp was set before Infinity War (it still can be, I guess), and of course Captain Marvel is set in the 90s but there may be present day stuff in it.
Yea no one ever confirmed when Ant-Man and the Wasp was set. People just assumed because they believe Ant-Man is in Infinity War (he hasn't been confirmed for that either).

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Ant-Man's going make the Infinity Gauntlet so big it falls off of Thanos' hand, then small enough for T'Challa to wear it.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
What do they mean by still standing? Who would Antman & Wasp or Captain Marvel kill off that would be important for Avengers?

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
Yea no one ever confirmed when Ant-Man and the Wasp was set. People just assumed because they believe Ant-Man is in Infinity War (he hasn't been confirmed for that either).
i think people assumed that because it would be weird for scott to just not show up while the world's about to end or whatever

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
That's not really what the article says:
We're relying – we will rely on – those two movies to help tell the story between Infinity War and Avengers 4.

It's about bridging the two films, not the films themselves. That's probably what you meant, but the title kinda implies the latter.