• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
can you elaborate on them "copying" the stones?

My prediction:

they'll be copied in the way shuri was trying to copy part of the mind stone from Vision. While none of the stones would be an absolute 1:1 replication (I doubt the powers can be duplicated) a few of them may actually work to a lesser degree. When they go back in time to fight Thanos with the new stones he's going to automatically assume they're legit since they time traveled in the first place (but they could have used QR to do so). At some point, bait and switch?

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So if that new trailer is any indication, within the first half hour of the movie (?), there's a massive fight somewhere, Carol shows up, several years pass, Stark and Nebula arrive on Earth, Scott shows up and they all head into the Quantum Realm?

Certainly lends credibility to the theory that they go after Thanos immediately, something goes horribly wrong and they need a plan B, which presumably they need Stark to fiddle with Pym's tech to pull off.

I'm hoping the woman's voice in the trailer is Maria Rambeau's and Carol's first instinct after finding out the situation is to check on her closest friend. They could really use that to sell how The Snap affected normal people.

Last edited:

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, this has lots of things wrong for someone who got so much right.
Thor has his eye, captain is not called nomad a single moment, loki dies instead of becoming thanos's advisor, the collector was not tortured by thanos, spider-man does not get injured in battle, winter soldier is out of cryosleep for a long time, banner does not make it to earth on a escape pod and never turns into the hulk, red skull is not "stranded in space".

Marvel movies get rewritten and reshot so many times that it's likely many of these things were true at some point in the writing process and the guy was misinformed.

Oct 26, 2017
so. im gonna put this ina spoiler

the new scene in the new trailer of Cap. grabbing his sheild and inpain.

its two different scenes stitched together.

the tightening of the shield is in the battle for new york.

and the agony scene.

I assume thats when Cap puts on the Avengers infinity glove and saves everyone before dying and the climatic point

jmood88

Oct 28, 2017
so. im gonna put this ina spoiler

the new scene in the new trailer of Cap. grabbing his sheild and inpain.

its two different scenes stitched together.

the tightening of the shield is in the battle for new york.

and the agony scene.

I assume thats when Cap puts on the Avengers infinity glove and saves everyone before dying and the climatic point
Why is this in spoiler tags?

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I keep seeing that Thanos will be defeated, but I wonder if they will actually kill him? It'd be interesting if he is able to live and is exiled or just escapes without any of the stones.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Haha that was a magnificent tease of a trailer. Happy they put the Thor /Carol shot in. And teased the white suits.

And that last shot smells like a misdirect.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Marvel movies get rewritten and reshot so many times that it's likely many of these things were true at some point in the writing process and the guy was misinformed.

I bought the art book for Captain Marvel and was surprised by how much of yhe book was taken by Hala and Kree art. It felt like they wanted to have more Kree and Hala in the film than what they ended up with, especially with Starforce.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
The only part of the new trailer I disliked was showing Nebula and Tony among the group in the white suits.

No need to show them on earth at this point. (even though it was clear)

Everything else was not too much of a spoiler

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I bought the art book for Captain Marvel and was surprised by how much of yhe book was taken by Hala and Kree art. It felt like they wanted to have more Kree and Hala in the film than what they ended up with, especially with Starforce.

Ooh that's awesome! Not hard to believe though, all the Hala sequences were amazing, we will be seeing more of that planet for sure

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Ooh that's awesome! Not hard to believe though, all the Hala sequences were amazing, we will be seeing more of that planet for sure

One of the cool things they did was to make it an internal competition to design Kree Propaganda posters. There's backstory here and there that didn't get into the movie. Maybe I will type them out once i look through the book.

One detail was about how Minn-Erva was the first woman to join Star Force. I believe Gemma Chan also mentioned that Minn-Erva was kind of a star player before Carol joined. This was also mentioned in the book.

As for the costumes, they designed the star force costumes around how Carol's. I also didn't noticed that every member had a different star on their chest.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
Dabanton what do you think of this Chinese "leak"? They apparently described the Captain Marvel post-credits scene before the movie launched, and the shareholders scene from last week. Fan-fiction or any grains of truth to it?

EDIT: deleted post and dead link today, apparently. Must not have been anything notable. Removing link and user mention.

Last edited:

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Dabanton what do you think of this Chinese "leak"? They apparently described the Captain Marvel post-credits scene before the movie launched, and the shareholders scene from last week. Fan-fiction or any grains of truth to it?

I read it. But people were saying that person was editing their post and adding stuff that has leaked in the last week or so. Of what I've seen and know. Some of it is true. A lot made no sense.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Saw this today, the leaked art then and are we still thinking professor Hulk by his look then?

20190319-134650.jpg

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's an interesting aspect to one of the Endgame figures, not quite sure what to make of it:

o06e52ah2cn21.png

It is a curious detail, alongside Captain Marvel having her origin movie suit in all of the promotional material and merchandise. If the Avengers are time traveling, it would make sense for them to don their era-appropriate attire to avoid as many paradox-related snafus as possible.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Part of me has to wonder if this tactic of not showing the big stuff in the trailers and commercials might be doing their marketing to the general public a disservice.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. What makes you think that?

People like us are excited for this movie no matter what. But people like my co-workers, my in-laws, some of my neighbors....They just see these trailers and commercials slowmo characters walking. The Infinity War trailers were colorful, bombastic and action packed. It piqued their interest. I could be completely wrong. I just wonder if holding their cards too close to their vest this late in the game is the best way to get butts in seats.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
People like us are excited for this movie no matter what. But people like my co-workers, my in-laws, some of my neighbors....They just see these trailers and commercials slowmo characters walking. The Infinity War trailers were colorful, bombastic and action packed. It piqued their interest. I could be completely wrong. I just wonder if holding their cards too close to their vest this late in the game is the best way to get butts in seats.

I think selling this movie the same way as the last one would a) make it too similar to Infinity War, but b) undermine the tone this is going for.

jmood88

Oct 28, 2017

This is such a strange thing to be concerned about when talking about a sequel to one of the highest-grossing movies of all time that people just saw a year ago.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

That's a fair point. But I think as a direct sequel rather than just a connected film it might already have a built in level of hype even among the average movie goer.

I know one of the casuals I know are extremely hyped for this and they skip most of the Marvel films except for the big three and Avengers

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
That's a fair point. But I think as a direct sequel rather than just a connected film it might already have a built in level of hype even among the average movie goer.

I know one of the casuals I know are extremely hyped for this and they skip most of the Marvel films except for the big three and Avengers
Well that's good then.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Well that's good then.

It is. But honestly I do think there is a discussion to be had here. Cause your right. For a blockbuster film the trailers and advertising have been really low key.

There's a possibility that it won't grab like they think it will. And while us mega fans are kind of relieved that they aren't giving away half the movie like trailers are ought to do. That might not translate with the everyperson.

IcyInferno

Oct 26, 2017
With the thumbnail of the new TV spot seeming to be a bit higher resolution than the compressed video on YouTube, the red portion of the new suits look like they are made of the same material as Scott's normal suit. I know there is conflicting rumors and speculation about the suits being quantum suits vs time travel suits vs space suits.

I am leaning toward quantum suits now and that they are headed to the quantum realm to do whatever it is they need to do. What exactly they do in the quantum realm... well of course there was that 'time vortex' theory but if the writers want to avoid using time travel, maybe they are just using the quantum realm as a way to sneak up on Thanos without being detectible. And assuming Carol is with them (probably since she seems to join up near the beginning of the movie) she may be a key to transporting them at light speed through the quantum realm to come out of it right where Thanos is for a surprise attack. Otherwise, I imagine Thanos would see them coming from miles away.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
It is. But honestly I do think there is a discussion to be had here. Cause your right. For a blockbuster film the trailers and advertising have been really low key.

There's a possibility that it won't grab like they think it will. And while us mega fans are kind of relieved that they aren't giving away half the movie like trailers are ought to do. That might not translate with the everyperson.

It will. Y'all are crazy if you think they needed to do anything more than say "Here's the next Avengers" to make the audience show up.

pavaloo

Oct 25, 2017
Of course audiences will show up, they all have a vested interest in seeing how the 10+ years of movies wraps up, but I definitely think Dalek has a point in how excited these trailers make certain demographis.

Like after Infinity War I thought to myself "I'm not looking at a single thing for the next one, I want to go in fully surprised." Then after the first trailer came out (I was weak), but I rejoiced in their choice of tone and direction for the marketing. Having said that I've noticed the crew I see all these movies with have had tepid responses. They're all still going to see it without hesitation, but it's been funny to see the difference in reactions.

Hardcore: Wow they barely showed anything! :D
Casuals: Wow, they barely showed anything. :\

lol

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Infinity War has the biggest cliffhanger in movie history, maybe second after Empire Strikes Back. If there were ever a movie where they don't need to do anything but tell people it exists, it would be this one. "Yeah, this is the one where they're gonna go get revenge on Thanos. Tell your friends."

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

Red dead redemption 2 just released with less than 10 minutes of footage shown before launch and went on to become the best selling game of 2018 with ease with like 15 million copies sold the first weekend.

It's the same shit here. It's rare but sometimes you're in the position where you really don't need to show anything and you're still gonna do gangbusters. Avengers is no normal movie, just as a Rockstar open world game is no normal game.

End Game will beat the opening weekend record even if they don't release another trailer between now and release.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Quite probably. I'm firmly in the "gunna make all da money" category for Endgame. I just thought it was something to consider.