• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda sad considering the pep talk Odin gave him before

He lost a chunk of the remaining Asgardians at the start of IW, watched his best friend and brother get murdered in front of his eyes and has the guilt of not killing Thanos when he had the chance thus causing half of all life (including another half of Asgard) to be wiped from existence. I'd say that kinda shit would weigh heavy on anyone.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
He lost a chunk of the remaining Asgardians at the start of IW, watched his best friend and brother get murdered in front of his eyes and has the guilt of not killing Thanos when he had the chance thus causing half of all life (including another half of Asgard) to be wiped from existence. I'd say that kinda shit would weigh heavy on anyone.
Plus, we don't know what exactly happens pre-timeskip yet, other than that they can't reverse the snap then. If they lose the fight against Thanos, or the stones are destroyed and it's useless anyway, that level of nihilism would weigh heavily on anybody, but especially a person who just experienced all that too.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So are the deaths still ambiguous and Black Widow, Thor, and Tony aren't confirmed to die after all just yet? Saw that one going around today

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Only thing I don't like about the whole Thor thing is that he maintains the look even in the final battle. You would think by then he would have gone back to the clean cut look.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Something I just now realized that I'm not sure is intentional, but would be neat if it were:

Doom and Gloom (the song playing when they're preparing to go into the Quantum Realm) was recorded and released in 2012.

What year were they going to again?

Lastdancer

Nov 1, 2017
So, knowing what I know now, I have questions... First: how do they get the soul stone? What/who is sacrificed? Second: Since they can revisit the past can they go save Pietro?

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't read any spoilers. Just wanted to say that I got spoiled because I wanted to show someone a video of Thor. It was predictable, but still, it sucks to know. The thumbnail that spoiled me has nothing to do with Thor. 😅

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
So, knowing what I know now, I have questions... First: how do they get the soul stone? What/who is sacrificed? Second: Since they can revisit the past can they go save Pietro?

1) Doesn't Nebula know where the soul stone is?

2) Probably but I bet they want to avoid fucking with time too much. Plus, if they are getting the Mind Stone in 2012 they probably won't even go to 2015.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
THAT Scene is making me rethink my tickets I have for my Dolby Cinema screening. I really want to see that scene in the full IMAX frame.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
The latest teaser pretty much spoiled

that either clint or BW will not be coming back, as they seem to be going alone for a stone, we know Cap and Hulk's team (feat Iron Man and Scott) is in NY for the 3 stones in that vicinity (Space, Mind and Time). Rocket and Thor will most likely be getting Power and Reality because of it being related to the Guardians and Thor, which leaves Soul for Clint and Widow meaning there has to be a sacrifice for it.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Clint offing Natasha is a great set up. They have an impactful history, but the man needs to get his family back. Much more compelling than the "sacrifice" in IW.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki

that either clint or BW will not be coming back, as they seem to be going alone for a stone, we know Cap and Hulk's team (feat Iron Man and Scott) is in NY for the 3 stones in that vicinity (Space, Mind and Time). Rocket and Thor will most likely be getting Power and Reality because of it being related to the Guardians and Thor, which leaves Soul for Clint and Widow meaning there has to be a sacrifice for it.
Rocket and Thor probably also have War Machine and Nebula with them as well.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017

That then would confirm one of the leaks on who bites it. Weird since one has a movie and one has a series.

Black Widow

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
We've seen Dr. Strange already literally reverse time. It's not like they're trying to fool anyone.

If the other speculated death at the end is true

then Tony can probably ask the Avengers to swear on his death that they will not meddle with time again, because it might have unforeseen consequences.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If the other speculated death at the end is true

then Tony can probably ask the Avengers to swear on his death that they will not meddle with time again, because it might have unforeseen consequences.

"swear on my death that you won't use another contrived Deus Ex machina to keep this franchise going"

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
I suspect it has to do with undoing of snap. So if they travel through time again to get him, he would never do it in the first place and that would create some kind of paradox. Can already see Strange explaining this to everyone.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Oh shit. This is TOTALLY how Loki stays alive-and conveniently does away with the character growth that painted him into a corner. Basically the Loki from Avengers jumps through time to present day and cheats death.

I'd presume they pop in, get the stone they need, then pop out, everything still plays out more or less as it did, with Loki getting captured.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

"Yeah, just like that"

Fucking love Chris Evans's Cap.

edit: I know the clip is old, I just dig it :p

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"swear on my death that you won't use another contrived Deus Ex machina to keep this franchise going"

Yes, but if you swear on someone's death not to use time travel, but then you use time travel to reverse their death, did you really break a promise?

The Avengers 5 will be used in Philosophy classes for decades.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
btw you know what Thor is doing in that clip? He's snacking...

We should have seen it coming! :p

DitaParlo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so, the first arc of the movie they kill thanos (or beat him, i dont know), but a more powerful thanos appears at the end? Where this thanos cames from?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
so, the first arc of the movie they kill thanos (or beat him, i dont know), but a more powerful thanos appears at the end? Where this thanos cames from?

Seeing as he's wearing his full battle armor
(and has all of his allies back in the leaked clip), that is most likely a Thanos from the new timeline who never got the stones.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I truly wonder if there's any way someone can actively take part in twitter/YouTube/forums in general without getting spoiled for the next week or so at this point. It's a huge leak - with the biggest twists being summed up in a few words as easy as "X dies" and with how big this once-in-a-lifetime event is I bet the trolls come out in full force. I've already seen people suicide their accounts on reddit posting this stuff on completely unrelated topics.

9 more days of this

Last edited: