• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
so, the first arc of the movie they kill thanos (or beat him, i dont know), but a more powerful thanos appears at the end? Where this thanos cames from?

Apparently as the Avengers meddle with the past and steal the stones, Nebula or Gamora (evil, from the past) notices that the stones are disappearing and them and Thanos put it together that Earth is gathering them. Keep in mind that at this point (as far back as NYC battle) Thanos was already looking for them.

So basically Thanos finds out that the Avengers are time-travelling to get the stones, and so he heads to Earth to get them (right after the Avengers have them all).

Hmm...and if evil past Gamora is in this one...that gives a PERFECT opportunity to re-introduce her (kind of like Spock in Star Trek) where she doesn't remember anything and has to re-forge her relationships.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In a story about time travel fuckery, how will deaths be permanent?

Actually I kind of want to know the time travel rules. because if they go back in time and steal the stones, surely then Thanos doesn't cause the snap to begin with and this in that timeline they are all good.

Unless they are doing time travel and multiverse stuff and are actually stealing the stones from another time and a another universe which is doable in canon I guess but kind of a dick move to be stealing stuff from a parallel universe.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada

Actually I kind of want to know the time travel rules. because if they go back in time and steal the stones, surely then Thanos doesn't cause the snap to begin with and this in that timeline they are all good.

Unless they are doing time travel and multiverse stuff and are actually stealing the stones from another time and a another universe which is doable in canon I guess but kind of a dick move to be stealing stuff from a parallel universe.
Depends on how they do it. If they want to do the elastic style of time travelling (you can go back and forward in time, but the universe will eventually correct itself and send you back), they can go to the past, steal the gems, use them, and then have the gems spring back to their proper place in the timeline without affecting things. But there are other ways of doing it too.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic

Each change creates a new parallel timeline, but the original still happened the way we saw.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
It's sounding like this is gonna be a rough one.

I'm reading a smattering of spoilers here and there, but so much of it is out of context that I don't feel bad in doing so.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really like it because it's pretty out of character for him to just leave everyone, including Bucky and Sam, forever to go back to a time that Peggy herself told him to move on from.

I also saw a post that pointed out that he's going to just have to sit back for a couple decades and let Bucky just be a Hydra assassin which is also a pretty out of character thing to do.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Because it's basically just resetting everything for him. Like you know all of that development with Steve trying to fit in with a modern world and not being able to ignore someone in need? Yeah screw that. He's stuck in the past, forced to let all of the bad stuff that happens from now until he dies (which will probably take forever) play out without ever letting anyone know who he is.

Also he'll never see Bucky again and he made out with his niece.

Oct 27, 2017
It could also be that Tony does it without telling Steve, to give him the happy ending he was never going to have otherwise. Or perhaps he has to go back and leave the timeline unchanged (when it comes to major events) in order to do something to help the team in "the future" (the past).

Oct 25, 2017
It could also be that Tony does it without telling Steve, to give him the happy ending he was never going to have otherwise. Or perhaps he has to go back and leave the timeline unchanged (when it comes to major events) in order to do something to help the team in "the future" (the past).
That would start to muddy the movie too much with Time Travel shenanigans.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
So if what I think is true, we are going to see an explosion of incels's doom and gloom. From the leaked footage it seems that Hulk can't handle the power of the 6 stones, but Marvel will ask Peter to give the gauntlet to her and presumably she will have the power and resistance to use it. I can't wait to see their salty tears

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so here is the leak about Cap going back in time. It reads like bad fan-fiction.

Cap visits Peggy's grave and Fury appears behind him, says he was told to give this to Cap when the time is right and that he thinks it's right.

It's a letter from Peggy. She apologizes for not being able to tell him before but that the world needed Cap first, but now that he's saved the world it's time to come home. She says he knows where to meet her. Cap is kind of confused and Fury says "She always was a mystery when it came to her private life." Cap understands and and tells Fury to call if he's ever needed. He later says goodbye to Bucky and Sam and jokes that Bucky can't have his suit because "I don't think I'm quite done with it yet."

Cap goes back in time and shows up at the dance hall. Peggy is waiting for him. She shows him how to dance slowly and then asks if he can keep up. "I could do this all day." are the final words from Cap in the movie.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Ok so here is the leak about Cap going back in time. It reads like bad fan-fiction.

Cap visits Peggy's grave and Fury appears behind him, says he was told to give this to Cap when the time is right and that he thinks it's right.

It's a letter from Peggy. She apologizes for not being able to tell him before but that the world needed Cap first, but now that he's saved the world it's time to come home. She says he knows where to meet her. Cap is kind of confused and Fury says "She always was a mystery when it came to her private life." Cap understands and and tells Fury to call if he's ever needed. He later says goodbye to Bucky and Sam and jokes that Bucky can't have his suit because "I don't think I'm quite done with it yet."

Cap goes back in time and shows up at the dance hall. Peggy is waiting for him. She shows him how to dance slowly and then asks if he can keep up. "I could do this all day." are the final words from Cap in the movie.

This is not lining up at all with what I saw. So unless they've massively changed things its bad fan fiction.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They have their cake and eat it in regards to Cap...

Well shit, so Cap going back in time is true.

So he never meets Bucky again, he never meets Sam, what the hell about all the things in Winter Soldier? Civil War?

3897.jpg

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
But I want Cap to die a heroic death or retire, but why go back in time to be together with Peggy or go back in time at all? He has established the modern times as his home, Peggy had her own family, he kissed Sharon.
We don't actually know who Peggy's family was. It's been assumed to be the guy from Agent Carter but it still could have been Steve all along; Steve is not replacing her husband because he's been her husband all along. Time loops, yo.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We don't actually know who Peggy's family was. It's been assumed to be the guy from Agent Carter but it still could have been Steve all along; Steve is not replacing her husband because he's been her husband all along. Time loops, yo.

But when they talk to each other in WS, why does she talk about how Steve never got to live his life? The whole talk between Steve and Peggy in WS does not make any sense if Steve was her husband all along.

Oct 27, 2017
But when they talk to each other in WS, why does she talk about how Steve never got to live his life? The whole talk between Steve and Peggy in WS does not make any sense if Steve was her husband all along.

If the time travel involves different timelines (created because of the travel), then this problem is solved. He can just go into a different timeline.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
I don't have an answer to that, nor am I saying that I particularly think this is the case—just that it easily could be. The nature of time loops means that Peggy could know ahead of time that that's what sets Steve on his path so it's something she has to say to him. Similarly, Steve would be going to the past with the knowledge that Hydra doesn't get taken care of until his time, so he's free to live his life without causing a paradox by trying to fix things in the past.

Oct 26, 2017
I have a mad idea about that but it's kind of derived from those leaks so I'm not sure it's really my idea.
Old Cap meets 2012 Cap and manage not to kill each other, 2012 Cap gets sent back to WWII for reasons, and Old Cap takes 2012 Cap's place and re-lives the whole ~10 years over again, with subtle differences, for other reasons.
Why any of that would happen I have no idea but it would give excuses to revisit certain films.

Last edited:

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
If the Steve thing is true then the two options are either Peggy's real family getting screwed over or incestuous plot holes.