• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
A time travel for Avengers 4 would retroactively ruin Avengers Infinity War. Let the dead people stay dead.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
In thinking they go back to the fight in Wakanda. Hulk being embedded in the rock and saying "we got issues to work on pal" and then nadda? Yeah he's gonna burst out of that suit and join the fight. Cap solo fight wasn't much, but one with him coordinating all the heroes could do it. Will end with Thor getting his head.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
A time travel for Avengers 4 would retroactively ruin Avengers Infinity War. Let the dead people stay dead.

no it wouldnt if its well done, and if you actually think for a moment that Black Panther or Spider Man are staying dead when we know for a fact that both movies are getting sequels, well I dont know what to tell you.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I really hope they don't use time travel to fix everything. I know they obviously need to bring a bunch of characters back, but time travel just feels like a lazy way to do it.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I think the next one will be called Avengers: Assemble- it fits the ending of IW and the rumors of travelling in the past and 'collecting' members very,very well.
I think that makes sense too. If I were a betting person, I'd bet on it.

Speaking of... the movie will surely finally give us Rogers saying "Avengers, assemble," right? Finally delivering on the tease from Age of Ultron.

I think the only ones for certain gone are the people they killed before the snap. Heimdal, Loki, Vision, and probably Gamora are gone for good.
Don't forget my girl Valkyrie and (probably) my boy Korg. :(

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
no it wouldnt if its well done, and if you actually think for a moment that Black Panther or Spider Man are staying dead when we know for a fact that both movies are getting sequels, well I dont know what to tell you.

Everyone knows those characters are coming back.. but it would be cheap if they brought people back who died pre snap

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they don't use time travel to fix everything. I know they obviously need to bring a bunch of characters back, but time travel just feels like a lazy way to do it.
It's not time travel, Strange found the winning timeline because he saw one where he died/blacked out then unblocked out.

They won't rewind time, they will just bring everyone who disappeared into dust back with a snap of a finger.

The Maharaja

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Gwyneth Paltrow wearing a motion animation suit? What could it be?
latest

Rescue.

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It's not time travel, Strange found the winning timeline because he saw one where he died/blacked out then unblocked out.

They won't rewind time, they will just bring everyone who disappeared into dust back with a snap of a finger.
I'd be okay with something like that.

On another topic, Starlord is going to need some hardcore redemption in the next movie after what he did. I was actually frustrated seeing him do that, since it seemed out of character. He's goofy, but not stupid.

Last edited:

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
In the comics after Ragnarok occurs, the Asgardians are "reborn" in new forms. After Siege, Thor has to go around and "wake" them up to make them remember who they were.

Oct 29, 2017
2 less talked about scenes I read about (not sure if there is confirmation on these)

meeting Ant-Man , possibly giving him something? (take a guess)

on a road with WWII period cars

There were some moments in the fight with thanos where Doctor Strange slipped away.

I would bet he portaled himself to Hank Pym and they went to the subatomic realm and cut a piece of the time stone before he returned to give the rest of the gem to thanos.

That's an end credit scene in the ant man 2 film that is why the film won't be shown until after avengers 3.

Pym is to survive thanos in the quantum realm and give the stone to tony and cap to use time travel to prevent this. But it's a one way trip meaning tony and cap won't be able to return to the timeline.

Oct 29, 2017
I do not want any time travel that doesn't involve the time stone.

Time travel is way too overpowered and crazy to have Pym and tony build a time machine in their basement with a box of scraps. It would make future threats seem nonconsequential.

Time travel shouldn't be possible without the time gem which should get lost or destroyed in the process.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm going to avoid spoiling anything based on comic knowledge, but they're either setting up an intentional swerve, or it's really obvious how the next film resolves if you've read Infinity Gauntlet. They have done a lot of setup that you won't notice if you're not looking for it.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what the spoiler policy for this would be so I'm being cautious.
Are there any theories about the casting of an older Cassie Lang?

I haven't followed any news so I'm not sure if anything came of that.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
My theory is they find a way to reverse the snap so that it flips who lives and who dies. Everyone alive at the end of IW dies in exchange for everyone who was killed with the snap. That way it leaves an exit for the characters who are pretty much done and gives a way to kill thanos since he was one of the people left alive for the snap.

I think it was suspicious that only the people with future movies/longer contracts (excluding rocket) were the only people who disappeared.

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
Okay, my thoughts.

- Pym will have something to do with what will happen in Avengers 4. He will be the one creating the time machine with Shuri. Steve and Tony will manipulate the events of where the stones will be, probably every stone except one or two will be on Earth (Those exceptions are Power and Soul probably,) and they will re-plan the entire fight against Thanos.
- About Ant-Man 2: Scott and Maggie will be the ones "vanishing" as part of the snap. Cassie, Hank and Hope will be the ones surviving.
- Captain Marvel will beat up Thanos personally.
- Tony will end up retiring after Avengers 4. Not die, he will get cameos.
- Vision will be saved by Shuri.
- Everyone who got "Snapped" will be back. Peter Parker will have a PTSD about him disappearing and being a pivotal part of Spider-Man 2.
- Some of the infinity stones, if not all of them will be destroyed by the end of Avengers 4.
-
Thanos will survive, but he will lose everything, and probably he will be sealed somewhere. He will be the new "Loki" in the sense that he will be a linking plot.
- Steve will die. Bucky or Falcon take his place, the next "Captain America Movie" will be about who takes the mantle of the Cap.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need to see the living tribunal make an appearance or some really out there entity

HP_Wuvcraft

Oct 26, 2017
South of San Francisco
Okay, my thoughts.

- Pym will have something to do with what will happen in Avengers 4. He will be the one creating the time machine with Shuri. Steve and Tony will manipulate the events of where the stones will be, probably every stone except one or two will be on Earth (Those exceptions are Power and Soul probably,) and they will re-plan the entire fight against Thanos.
- About Ant-Man 2: Scott and Maggie will be the ones "vanishing" as part of the snap. Cassie, Hank and Hope will be the ones surviving.
- Captain Marvel will beat up Thanos personally.
- Tony will end up retiring after Avengers 4. Not die, he will get cameos.
- Vision will be saved by Shuri.
- Everyone who got "Snapped" will be back. Peter Parker will have a PTSD about him disappearing and being a pivotal part of Spider-Man 2.
- Some of the infinity stones, if not all of them will be destroyed by the end of Avengers 4.
-
Thanos will survive, but he will lose everything, and probably he will be sealed somewhere. He will be the new "Loki" in the sense that he will be a linking plot.
- Steve will die. Bucky or Falcon take his place, the next "Captain America Movie" will be about who takes the mantle of the Cap.

Spider 2 being Peter having PTSD over actually realizing what it is to be a hero would be great.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope Thor isn't written / killed off like Stark and Captin America will probably be.

It really feels like they just managed to find the formula to make Thor entertaining. Getting him far Way from earth

Last edited:

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not so sure they can establish man-made time travel after establishing it as some cosmic, ultimate power enabled by an Infinity Gem. It would be like them making a reality altering machine to bring people back.

But I'm not sure what else they could do.

Sturoboros

Oct 27, 2017
No redemption necessary for Star Lord - it was all part of the only course of action in which they win. Strange said it had to be this way.

But redemption is coming. You just know it's coming.

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, Inifinity War was basically Transformers: The Movie (1985). Except there was no Hot Rod to claim the matrix of leadership and Unicron (Thanos) won.

DAMN.

But I'm with all those said that somehow there will be a "reverse snap" and all who died will trade places with the living.

Oct 26, 2017
The infinity gauntlet was busted so Thanos isn't using that again, but yeah... the "deaths" mean very little when we know for sure Spider-Man, Black Panther, and members of the Guardians are for sure coming back.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
Just realized i posted in the wrong thread lol im tired

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
it looked like the gauntlet got busted up after the snap but... what? how? he's god! can't he just will his gauntlet to be unbreakable?

Deleted member 22070

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do we know if Carol is supposed to be cosmic powered in A4 ? If so, won't that make her the strongest Avenger of 'em all ?

(Not really familiar with the comics.)

Deleted member 22070

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fun fact :

After the post-credit scene and I slowly emerge from this rollercoaster of emotions, two dudes behind me comment on the Cap Marvel pager logo very seriously "oh yeah so he called the russians ? Gotta be the russians right ?!"

fa30bdf9bbb8a1f78d19d51c869437ab.gif

I mean, not to sound pedantic but even I who haven't read any single comic was like "you what know ?!"

Last edited:

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
So another long shot, but if it is indeed time travel... what if Tony and Scott even go during the events of age of ultron and pick up quick silver. Maybe they then have the tech to save him after he is shot... or maybe they fake his death altogether. Maybe Hawkeye shoots him with a weapon that actually stunned him but gave the same effect as death (or something like that) so that they can pick him up without affecting the time line.

hiro_x

Nov 2, 2017
Fun fact :

After the post-credit scene and I slowly emerge from this rollercoaster of emotions, two dudes behind me comment on the Cap Marvel pager logo very seriously "oh yeah so he called the russians ? Gotta be the russians right ?!"

I mean, not to sound pedantic but even I who haven't read any single comic was like "you what know ?!"

Hoping they are just trying to be funny.