• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

AVENGERS 4 | Speculation Thread (Open Spoilers, Set Photos and Leaks)

Jan 30, 2018
Doesn't look like he's trying to send anything
Plus titan and earth are like.. galaxies away ? And that shit is slow as fuck. Also light can only travel so fast.
After the helmet scans it definitely looks sending out something like how he did in Ironman 3. If not then he should.

On the comics. Titan is on our solar system.
This is interesting, I doubt they’d change that for the movies. Titan even has a breathable atmosphere in the movies too.

Oct 25, 2017
Titan being in the solar system in the MCU would make 0 sense lol, people would know about it and visit it considering the tech in IM/ant-man/black panther/whatnot

Considering the background in the trailer where you see tony's ship drifting, that sure doesn't look like the solar system

cake

Oct 25, 2017
Probably a dumb question, but does Nebula require much food/water? People in the other thread keep wondering why Tony is dying alone, and I had just assumed she was along for the ride but didn't need the resources as badly.

Nov 2, 2017
Probably a dumb question, but does Nebula require much food/water? People in the other thread keep wondering why Tony is dying alone, and I had just assumed she was along for the ride but didn't need the resources as badly.
There’s the whole “it’s not ripe” gag in GOTG 2, so Nebula does eat food.

Oct 25, 2017
She's a cyborg she probably can live without

Jan 30, 2018
Titan being in the solar system in the MCU would make 0 sense lol, people would know about it and visit it considering the tech in IM/ant-man/black panther/whatnot

Considering the background in the trailer where you see tony's ship drifting, that sure doesn't look like the solar system
You know what one Saturn’s moon is called right? In the MCU that’s where Thanos was born and home of the Titanians.

Jan 30, 2018
Yes I know we have a Titan in our solar system but if it's the same it would be hilariously weird considering the tech in the MCU
You’re right, but look at it, it’s a shithole. How long has it been like that and have we even with Pym, Wakanda or Stark tech even found it worth looking at?
Stark hasn’t even made a suit that can even head out into space for long let alone worry about travelling that far from Earth.

Oct 27, 2017
Thought 'Endgame' was ruled out since it was something Dr Strange said, and that the Russo's said that the title hadn't been said in a previous film?
I wonder if this could be a tentative sub title, possibly because the true name is potentially a spoiler before Captain Marvel or something. Or they just want to do a fake out to fuck with us.

Oct 29, 2017
So I think Carol does save Tony? Found this from the reddit leak compilation:

OCTOBER 28th, 2017: The guy who went to set as the Omaze winner said they were filming Avengers: Infinity War Part 2. He said these people were there: Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Gwyneth Paltrow, Brie Larson, and Robert Downey Jr. They filmed inside an outdoor "green screen field." The scene they didn't wasn't much; he described it as pretty simple. So mostly just them talking. And since it was green screen he couldn't really tell what was going on. RDJ apparently had a few lines where he was saying he was "hurt" and then "I'm fine" (Omaze winner later noted he had "scars" from makeup still on after filming). It was about a five minute take, which they did several times. He asked RDJ what the green screen was going to be and RDJ said it was a "ship." He also revealed that at a private Halloween party, the cast who was filming (aside from Evans who bolted) showed up and so did Sean Gunn (who does Rocket mo-cap). So maybe there's some Rocket in there too?
I'm still trying to figure out the sequence of events of when does an actual time jump happen. There seems to be a lot of stuff happening right after the snap in the trailer, but other things Scott appearing at the door of Avengers HQ, Nat seeing Ronin) that could be happening in the future. Blonde Tony has to be from after this time jump.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
So I think Carol does save Tony? Found this from the reddit leak compilation:

I'm still trying to figure out the sequence of events of when does an actual time jump happen. There seems to be a lot of stuff happening right after the snap in the trailer, but other things Scott appearing at the door of Avengers HQ, Nat seeing Ronin) that could be happening in the future. Blonde Tony has to be from after this time jump.
I think most of the trailer takes place a few weeks after the snap, but it's all conjecture right now. The one thing I noticed is that Nat's hair seemed to be in the braided pony tail, albeit blonde, in the scene with Clint.

Oct 25, 2017
Yep
M'Baku is fine at the end of IW though I think ? Can't remember for sure. Could be Okoye too taking the mantle !
Realistically though I doubt we have a BP in this until they somehow "save" people who got dusted.
I think M’Baku would be the leader if T’Challa and Shuri were both snapped.

How much you wanna bet this movie is gonna start with Hawkeyes family getting snapped
I'm kinda leaning towards the idea that, with half the population of the planet gone, humans kinda just... stop killing each other. So when news breaks out of a series of murders, the first major killing spree since The Snap, Natasha tracks down the killer and the twist is it's Clint.

I would love if it tied into my original theory that Skrull have been replacing people that Thanos killed, slipping into their shoes without anyone being able to tell the difference - and that they tried to do it to Clint, driving him way past breaking point when he realised the truth.

May 11, 2018
UK
I'm kinda leaning towards the idea that, with half the population of the planet gone, humans kinda just... stop killing each other. So when news breaks out of a series of murders, the first major killing spree since The Snap, Natasha tracks down the killer and the twist is it's Clint.

I would love if it tied into my original theory that Skrull have been replacing people that Thanos killed, slipping into their shoes without anyone being able to tell the difference - and that they tried to do it to Clint, driving him way past breaking point when he realised the truth.
That could be it, or they just keep tabs on each other still

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if this could be a tentative sub title, possibly because the true name is potentially a spoiler before Captain Marvel or something. Or they just want to do a fake out to fuck with us.
They can't exactly do this, it would confuse the shit out of general audiences not to mention muck up branding for merchandise.

You guys seem convinced that Marvel is always on some 4D chess shit but even they play by the rules - besides trailer trickery which many movies do.

Jan 30, 2018
They can't exactly do this, it would confuse the shit out of general audiences not to mention muck up branding for merchandise.

You guys seem convinced that Marvel is always on some 4D chess shit but even they play by the rules - besides trailer trickery which many movies do.
Yeah it’s getting into Death Stranding is Silent Hills/Metal Gear 0 territory now.

Oct 27, 2017
After the helmet scans it definitely looks sending out something like how he did in Ironman 3. If not then he should.

This is interesting, I doubt they’d change that for the movies. Titan even has a breathable atmosphere in the movies too.
It's impossible for Titan to be in our solar system. The disc spaceship was travelling in hyperspace for hours headed towards Titan. Tony even says they are billions of miles from Earth his in spat with Strange. It's most likely in another galaxy.

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have to say, the MCU universe itself feels super small. We know of, what, like six or seven locales outside of Earth and even fewer alien species? For an overarching story that puts the entire universe at stake, it feels tiny, like something limited to a solar system at best in scale.

They also haven't done a great job making aliens look or feel like, well, actual aliens. Star Wars did solid enough with this, but here we are with Grandmaster, Sovereigns and Asgardians looking like literal humans but with face paint, and Thanos being indistinguishable from us apart from some weird ridges on his chin. I guess there's Korg and Miek.

Apr 27, 2018
They also haven't done a great job making aliens look or feel like, well, actual aliens. Star Wars did solid enough with this, but here we are with Grandmaster, Sovereigns and Asgardians looking like literal humans but with face paint, and Thanos being indistinguishable from us apart from some weird ridges on his chin. I guess there's Korg and Miek.
And Groot and Howard the Duck.

Jan 30, 2018
It's impossible for Titan to be in our solar system. The disc spaceship was travelling in hyperspace for hours headed towards Titan. Tony even says they are billions of miles from Earth his in spat with Strange. It's most likely in another galaxy.
Titan in the MCU and comics is literally based on Saturn’s moon and media says that’s where Thanos was born.
If I didn’t know where in space I was I too would say I was a billion miles from Earth.
But to be fair the MCU Titan is said to be an Exoplanet.

Nov 22, 2018

Cool theory, but i can't see them winding such a theory in - think it would be way too complicated to get into the story. Unless Captain Marvel sets it up really well.

Apr 27, 2018
I assumed Titan had to be the Saturn moon because of how long it takes Maw's ship to get there, it doesn't appear to be going at lightspeed or anything so it had to be relatively close to Earth.

Cool theory, but i can't see them winding such a theory in - think it would be way too complicated to get into the story. Unless Captain Marvel sets it up really well.
Yeah, the only way it would work is if Captain Marvel establishes that Skrull actually assume people's lives after they prematurely die and they don't usually kill people to do it. Then you could frame The Snap as this buffet of opportunities for the Skrull because they could replace tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands, without raising any eyebrows at all. People would be in too much pain and shock to feel anything other than intense relief that their loved ones weren't killed like the rest.

Which kinda raises the most important question of all - why would they do it anyway? Everyone just kinda assumes the Skrull are in the movie, but to be honest I can't imagine why they'd be doing this in the first place.

That's something else Captain Marvel needs to set up, I s'pose.

Aug 6, 2018
It hasnt been established that the Titan Thanos is from is the same moon of Saturn named Titan in our solar system in the MCU. As of now that is a comics exclusive location.
MCU Titan is definitely not Saturn's moon. How is this a serious question?

Thanos described Titan as a planet. Not a moon. It even HAS its own moon, which Thanos threw chunks of as an attack. Saturn's moon Titan does not have it's own moon.

Thanos also described Titan as "beautiful" and showed what it looked like before disaster. Saturn's moon Titan is an icy ball with methane seas with a -200 degree F climate.

He also describes it as resource strapped. Too many mouths with not enough to go around. That race was clearly Spacefaring. If Titan was THAT short on resources, raiding Earth for them or colonizing it (Because Earth is MUCH larger than Saturn's moon) makes more sense than starting a resource war that kills all life.

Thanos committed to wiping out half of all life in the Universe after that, which we see a glimpse of when he kills Gamora's people.

If Earth was the closest habitable planet to Titan, Thanos would have started there, instead of running halfway across the galaxy.

There's no scenario in which Titan as Saturn's moon makes any sense.