• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
The only mention of Fox characters will be during a post credits scene where Tony is watching the news and it's announced that, after the effects of the snap have been reversed, there has been an unprecedented number of people reporting.... MUTATIONS. *INCEPTION HORN* *CREDITS KEEP ROLLING*

Oh and Doctor Doom will pop up during the post-post credits, leading people to search en masse on google "masked guy avengers endgame credits" and leading to 12 million clickbait articles about WHY THE POST CREDITS TO END GAME CHANGES EVERYTHING and MARVEL'S GREATEST VILLAIN COMES TO THE MCU

feige playing 12D chess

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The guy is an artist at Sony Santa Monica, so it seems to be his own fanwork.

He also posted this:

When they finally do decide to do a Nova movie, they already have the perfect setup for it. Unless Avengers Endgame erases everything Thanos did, all of the Nova Corps would have probably been killed when Xandar was destroyed. All they have to do is say that Rich Rider was offworld, and is the last remaining Nova Corps.

I would love to see them do Nova in the MCU, but until they can use the Fox characters, like Annihilus, they might as well just wait.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
That black widow symbol is Ehhhhh

Anyway I'm surprised Disney is already doing tv spots for captain marvel. Movie is 2 months away lol and already I've seen commercial for it on tv

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Also, the runtime for Endgame looks to be 3 hours, according to the Russos.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2464050/the-avengers-endgame-runtime-appears-to-be-set

Wonder if that'll hurt them. I remember so many saying it would be impossible for IW to have a bigger OW than Force Awakens because the movie is longer so less viewings but we know what happened.

I'm down for a 3 hour movie because this is the one movie where you'll need the time. I'm guessing but they wouldn't really have a movie where heroes like Panther and Spidey are missing for 90% of the movie. Gotta have time to bring them back as well as have everyone make the journey to all show up on screen together.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I'm surprised Thor's symbol is a hammer

Wonder if that'll hurt them. I remember so many saying it would be impossible for IW to have a bigger OW than Force Awakens because the movie is longer so less viewings but we know what happened.

I'm down for a 3 hour movie because this is the one movie where you'll need the time. I'm guessing but they wouldn't really have a movie where heroes like Panther and Spidey are missing for 90% of the movie. Gotta have time to bring them back as well as have everyone make the journey to all show up on screen together.

I don't think it will, this isn't Warner where they cut down their movies to get more viewings. Most people I've heard from when they heard the runtime were all for it being lengthy. I hope it's very long and nothing is left out.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017

Cinemas will just put it in more screens if the runtime is 3 hours. Let's face it, no film's going to want to release anywhere near Endgame so they'll not have to fight for screens to show the film on.

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

tenor.gif

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think it will, this isn't Warner where they cut down their movies to get more viewings. Most people I've heard from when they heard the runtime were all for it being lengthy. I hope it's very long and nothing is left out.

Russo's said that Marvel has never asked them to compromise the movies they wanted to make. If they delivered a 2 hour 55 minute cut and said this is the film I don't think Marvel would say, "go cut 30 minutes".

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

I laughed too hard at this

Russo's said that Marvel has never asked them to compromise the movies they wanted to make. If they delivered a 2 hour 55 minute cut and said this is the film I don't think Marvel would say, "go cut 30 minutes".

I don't think they would do that either. The movie is a guaranteed success and even if it wasn't I believe Marvel would back it to the fullest without a suit worrying about the bonus in their paycheque.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
I really don't want any Fox characters in this. I know the X-Men are technically a huge part of the Avengers, but i feel putting them or any other characters, would just, well, ruin it to be honest. Just personal thoughts, but it feels like it should just be the ones we are used to.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I really don't want any Fox characters in this. I know the X-Men are technically a huge part of the Avengers, but i feel putting them or any other characters, would just, well, ruin it to be honest. Just personal thoughts, but it feels like it should just be the ones we are used to.

What do you mean by Fox characters? Actors like Michael Fassbender, Ryan Reynolds or Hugh Jackman?
They'd re-cast all of them thankfully. There'd most probably be fan cries for Ryan to stay as Deadpool but I wouldn't even be mad if they find someone else because his schtick is getting old and is bleeding into Pikachu of all characters.

Last edited:

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
What do you mean by Fox characters? Actors like Michael Fassbender, Ryan Reynolds or Hugh Jackman?
They'd re-cast all of them thankfully. There'd most probably be fan cries for Ryan to stay as Deadpool but I wouldn't even be mad if they find someone else because his schtick is getting old and is bleeding into Pikachu of all characters.

The characters, is really what i meant. I don't think it'd be right to introduce any of them in Endgame. it just wouldn't feel right.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017

There won't be any Fox characters in Avengers 4, guaranteed.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If, as people believe, everyone "killed" in The Snap had their souls trapped inside the Soul Gem, it's possible that a good chunk of the movie will be about the snapped half of the universe trying to undo what Thanos did from the inside.

We always assumed Strange had to manipulate events so that very specific people survived The Snap in order to eventually undo it, but what if it was the other way around? Like, what if Strange and Wanda need to be inside the Soul Gem to break everyone out of it?

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
If, as people believe, everyone "killed" in The Snap had their souls trapped inside the Soul Gem, it's possible that a good chunk of the movie will be about the snapped half of the universe trying to undo what Thanos did from the inside.

We always assumed Strange had to manipulate events so that very specific people survived The Snap in order to eventually undo it, but what if it was the other way around? Like, what if Strange and Wanda need to be inside the Soul Gem to break everyone out of it?

Quite possible and a good idea. I imagine if this was the case, we'll see some plan fail and some emotional effects from the outside and then cut to someone waking up on the inside.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
The characters, is really what i meant. I don't think it'd be right to introduce any of them in Endgame. it just wouldn't feel right.

I see, the Fox characters part confused me. Like Alexandros said they won't be in the movie. Even with clickbait sites and YouTube channels reporting Hugh Jackman being in Endgame.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mar...ge-talks-x-men-after-disneyfox-merger-2018-12

He was on Variety's podcast like 6 days ago.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands

Wouldnt make much sense, and steal a lot of thunder from what the movie is about I would say. Also, don't see how they're suddenly going to introduce mutants, unless that's a side-effect from the (undoing of the) Snap, or some alternate timeline shenanigans (which would be quite lame, to be honest).

I see, the Fox characters part confused me. Like Alexandros said they won't be in the movie. Even with clickbait sites and YouTube channels reporting Hugh Jackman being in Endgame.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mar...ge-talks-x-men-after-disneyfox-merger-2018-12

He was on Variety's podcast like 6 days ago.

Interesting. I think the biggest takeaway from this is Iger's earlier quote about a new franchise all together.

https://www.businessinsider.nl/disn...fter-avengers-2018-5/?international=true&r=US

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Interesting. I think the biggest takeaway from this is Iger's earlier quote about a new franchise all together.

https://www.businessinsider.nl/disn...fter-avengers-2018-5/?international=true&r=US

Yeah that's interesting, it makes me wonder if they'll do the solo character movies and then the bookend for that phase would instead of being Avengers be something like New Avengers or Secret Avengers whatever else team names Marvel has used in the comics for example.

Yeah, apologies that i didn't word that too well! But this is good news. I'm happy for them to come in later, just not in Endgame.

That's okay and I agree with you on that I don't want characters just shoehorned into that movie, it really wouldn't fit right now. Captain Marvel is fine because they set out the movie with her always intended to be in it as Brie filmed Endgame before the solo movie.
The more interesting thing for me will be how they plan to introduce these mutants into the MCU.

IcyInferno

Oct 26, 2017
That's okay and I agree with you on that I don't want characters just shoehorned into that movie, it really wouldn't fit right now. Captain Marvel is fine because they set out the movie with her always intended to be in it as Brie filmed Endgame before the solo movie.
The more interesting thing for me will be how they plan to introduce these mutants into the MCU.

My guess is the multiverse. The Anient One already told Strange that there are infinite universes. That may be the easiest way to explain Fox characters that have been missing this whole time... by being in a different universe. I also wonder if the Maximoff twins will be retconned.. for example discovering that the mind stone caused a dormant X-Gene to activate.

I wonder if Avengers 4 may have been written in a way for future retcons to make sense. I know it makes sense to not have any Fox characters throughout phase 3. But I have to wonder if Marvel Studios was toying with the idea of making a future deal with Fox to use characters in Phase 4 or 5 and keeping the Avengers 4 ending somewhat open in a way to make room for future retcons. They already made a deal with Fox for Ego the Living planet so I think considering other deals for future phases prior to the acquisition weren't out of the question.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Also let's not forget that in Ant Man and the Wasp, Janet says that she evolved into a higher form of life, so that could be a another way for mutants to be introduced.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like the idea of it being an "Avengers Forever" type thing with time travel stuff going on. But I thought Thanos supposedly kills everyone in the city by the end of Infinity War, so how does Tony Stark survive?

It's not going to happen, but I would love it if the time travel stuff borrows from Age Of Ultron's ending, I.E. all the time travel shenanigans punches holes in the fabric of space-time, which can then be used to explain where characters like the Fantastic Four and X-Men could come from.

What city? Tony Stark is lost in space..

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
My guess is the multiverse. The Anient One already told Strange that there are infinite universes. That may be the easiest way to explain Fox characters that have been missing this whole time... by being in a different universe. I also wonder if the Maximoff twins will be retconned.. for example discovering that the mind stone caused a dormant X-Gene to activate.

Thing is, if they go the alt universe route, it would be really weird. "Hey guys, there now are thousands of people with superskills with an established history of using those powers".

And using the dormant-gene thing, it would mean that people suddenly get powers. I don't really see how this will work if Marvel wants to use the most popular/famous characters and their "established" backstory.

I really think that the X-men will get their own franchise; with maybe a dimensional cross-over later down the line :P

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Umm...the trailer showed him being lost in space? Him and Nebula used the guardian ship to leave Titan.
If you look at the date which the post was quoted (April 2018), the End game trailer wasn't out yet.
We now know he is in space with Nebula but at the end of IW, we are to believe he is on Titan with Nebula after every one has been dusted.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Looks like the Spider-Man:Far From Home trailer is coming today at 1:45 GMT supposedly. Really unsure on whether to watch it, or how much they can even show as it's post endgame. Or Marvel has trolled everyone and it's actually set before infinity war.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the Spider-Man:Far From Home trailer is coming today at 1:45 GMT supposedly. Really unsure on whether to watch it, or how much they can even show as it's post endgame. Or Marvel has trolled everyone and it's actually set before infinity war.

Well there is like a year or so between Homecoming and Infinity War. Plenty of time to fit in a movie chronologically before Infinity War.

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why it's so hard to imagine a Spider-Man marketing campaign focusing on his own adventure after Endgame.

They'll show Spidey doing his thing in Europe up against the Elementals, him leaving his apartment in New York to go on the trip. A shot of Mysterio.

They'll show Spider-Man is back. Maybe they'll show Nick Fury. It's not really much of a spoiler. They'll show pieces without spoiling the plot or ending of Endgame.

It's really not that hard.

Also FFH is set minutes after Endgame.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
'This reminds me of that time we went on a School trip'
(90s wobbly screen transition to the main part of the movie)
(2hrs 5mins later... wobble transition back)
'...And that's how I won the surfing competition'
'Yeah, cool story kid, it sure passed the time on our way back to Earth'