• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Didnt they film infinity war and endgame back to back or at the same time? I remember an interview where one of the actors said everybody was on set. That was an infinity war interview but iam sure the russos filmed stuff for endgame too.

Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
Didnt they film infinity war and endgame back to back or at the same time? I remember an interview where one of the actors said everybody was on set. That was an infinity war interview but iam sure the russos filmed stuff for endgame too.
They took a small break in between, but the productions did overlap. I reckon they probably got a lot of the stuff that they needed a large part of the cast for out of the way during the first part of production.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt the snap will be undone in the end of the movie. They need that money shot with every superhero of the MCU standing against Thanos. (I will be disappointed if this doesn't happen and Cap doesn't say the "Avengers Assemble" line)

I'm not seeing that myself.

Feels more like we'll get Thor, Carol and Banner (as an example) fighting Thanos directly while some terrible sacrifice is paid elsewhere - such as Cap dying - that saves everyone.

Then the movie ends with not Thanos looking towards a grateful universe but the newly revived heroes looking towards a universe Cap died to save, leaving them pretty big shoes to fill.

No more Avengers, but an Age of Heroes if you will.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know if this is the thread to ask but what exactly is the 4chan leak certain people are referencing that the new Homecoming trailer "confirms"?

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if this is the thread to ask but what exactly is the 4chan leak certain people are referencing that the new Homecoming trailer "confirms"?

It was a plot summary of Far From Home. Honestly it could have been someone who had early access to the trailer and came up with a plausible summary that matches the trailer, rather than having some sort of access to the film itself.

IcyInferno

Oct 26, 2017
My guess is the next Endgame trailer will have a stinger that shows Spider-Man and then everything will make sense and at the same time doesn't spoil all of Endgame. It is interesting that both Scott Lang, Peter Parker and Shuri show up on the monitor screens in the first teaser trailer that Bruce is looking at (assuming he is looking through all of the 'MIA' heroes) which is implied by Nat's voice over.

We see Scott Lang in the stinger of the first teaser so we know he plays a role. Perhaps this all takes place in the first 30 min and after the survivors see Scott is alive, they form a plan to 'rescue' other key heroes who are needed one by one maybe through time travel, quantum realm, multiverse (Wong) who knows? Maybe Spider-Man plays an important role as well so maybe they try to go after him and Shuri since she is also probably needed to get Vision back in working order.

The next trailer could be dialogue about putting together a plan to 'rescue' missing heroes and then a stinger with Spider-Man Could make sense without spoiling too much.. even if he shows up at the end of the film.. it would only just confirm they get at least one of the heroes back.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
It was a plot summary of Far From Home. Honestly it could have been someone who had early access to the trailer and came up with a plausible summary that matches the trailer, rather than having some sort of access to the film itself.

What the hell does this trailer shows that we didn't knew yet ?

We knew about the elementals, we knew about mysterio, we knew they would fly, we knew about the noir suit (which had ties to shield) ....

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
did anybody mention the fact that it looks like Spidy meets Nick Fury for the first time AFTER the events of endgame? because it looks like in the spidy trailer that he only heard of nick fury before and sees him for the first time in that room here.

,, you are Nick Fury!"

you dont say that if you met somebody before.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
What the hell does this trailer shows that we didn't knew yet ?

We knew about the elementals, we knew about mysterio, we knew they would fly, we knew about the noir suit (which had ties to shield) ....

I think the general audience wouldn't know such things like the noir suit and the elementals so the trailer is at least quite new to them. I forgot parts of what the plot leak was though.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I think the general audience wouldn't know such things like the noir suit and the elementals so the trailer is at least quite new to them. I forgot parts of what the plot leak was though.

Yeah I was talking about someone that could makeup a plot leak on 4chan .... I think we didn't had outright confirmation of Fury but it was something pretty plausible considering the shield suit and the other chars

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I was talking about someone that could makeup a plot leak on 4chan .... I think we didn't had outright confirmation of Fury but it was something pretty plausible considering the shield suit and the other chars
Fury was already confirmed when he was spotted last year during filming.

In any case if you haven't seen the spoilers it's best to not go looking for it. Since ir may or may not spoil Endgame also.

Apr 19, 2018
did anybody mention the fact that it looks like Spidy meets Nick Fury for the first time AFTER the events of endgame? because it looks like in the spidy trailer that he only heard of nick fury before and sees him for the first time in that room here.

,, you are Nick Fury!"

you dont say that if you met somebody before.

It's not unreasonable to believe that he and Nick don't cross paths in Endgame. Fury being the secretive guy that he is, I don't think he'd let himself be seen (or known if he can help it) to just anyone -- even in the face of a universe-wide catastrophe.

Last edited:

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
yeah nothing particularly odd in the trailer but I'm sure we'll look back in hindsight and find things. If you didn't know better it could be set before IW. The only strange thing is how 'normal' things seem. Does that suggest a timey wimey thing where the events of IW never happened so people don't remember it (perhaps except some core Avengers)?

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
"Far From Home" doesn't mean they're in another country, it means they got transported to another universe with the snap!!!!!!

i am a genius and definitely the first person to ever think of this

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is it true that the Russos have said that the eventual full trailer for Endgame will only show footage from the first 20 minutes of the movie?

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it true that the Russos have said that the eventual full trailer for Endgame will only show footage from the first 20 minutes of the movie?
This is just a weird game of telephone.

Firstly, I don't know if the Russos have said anything of the sort. Secondly, Feige has said that their trailers for Endgame would likely contain footage from the first 20 minutes of the film.
What's going on: Feige told MTV News during a red carpet interview at the Golden Globes that the footage in trailers and sneak peeks will be mostly from the first 15 to 20 minutes of this year's blockbuster.
  • "I'd call it somewhat accurate," Feige said. "As was the case with a lot of our films, this one in particular, being able to generate a lot of excitement without giving away one of the many, many, many secrets. I think the Disney marketing team is the best in the world and we'll be able to pull it off."
In short, they probably haven't locked down what they're showing yet for trailer #2 and he's hedging.

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Some action figures have leaked:
v3zxv2A.jpg
iTjnLXn.jpg
te9YwVS.jpg
u9yM3nJ.jpg
rxzu0TD.jpg

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still really not a fan of the white suits, and that they keep repeatedly appearing in toy leaks makes me worried that they might actually be taking a large amount of screentime, instead of just being used for Quantum Realm travel or whatever the speculation is.

My only hope against that is perhaps these suits are showing up so predominantly in the merchandise because the heroes in said white suits are largely using the same uniforms as Infinity War otherwise, ergo, there needs to be a focus on these suits in merch since kids probably won't want another Thor or Hulk toy if it looks the exact same as the last one. Then again, Iron Man looks identical to his IW appearance, and concept art already leaked of a new suit that hasn't appeared in merch at this point, so my hopes are probably futile.

Also, are these still prototypes I presume? Those initial shots look to be in a store-like setting, but it's still using a placeholder Avengers logo instead of the movie's real title.
Valkyrie has a white suit too...

Maybe she's the one who saves Tony.
Looks to be the same suit as in Ragnarok. That one was already white and this one doesn't seem to have the same bulk as the Avenger suits. I kinda thought the same thing at first, though.

EDIT: Holy shit lmao

Last edited:

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
399 000 for a figure?

what currency is that?
If VND is the currency abbreviation, then it seems to be the Vietnamese đồng, which would make it about $17 USD. It seems to more or less fall in line with the prices of their Infinity War figures. Though that doesn't explain why none of it is in Vietnamese.

Also, seeing them in detail, these white suits absolutely take queues from the many Ant-Man suits and Pym's QR suit. Besides the color scheme, the shoulder mounted lights and tubes around the sternum and collarbones bares a strong resemblance to Ant-Man's Civil War suit in particular. The suits being for the QR seems to be taken as a given at this point, but those details make me wonder if Stark is the one that even designs them, considering it's strong resemblance to Pym's work. I'm probably overthinking it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The suits being for the QR seems to be taken as a given at this point, but those details make me wonder if Stark is the one that even designs them, considering it's strong resemblance to Pym's work. I'm probably overthinking it.

Well it'd certainly explain why Stark had to survive. It'd be a testament to how advanced Pym's tech really was if it took Stark and Shuri working together to figure out how to replicate it.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
Shuri, Stark and Pym are out of the picture... I hope Banner will be the guy who will science the shit out of the van brought by Scott

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the quantum realm isn't too big a part of the story and these toys are just pitching them because they're different to the normal look of the characters

I'm sure it's important but it's so abstract I can't get my head around it.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Weird that Marvel let these things loose already, get that production takes a while but they're probably gonna be mad about this. It matches the concept art from ages ago, right?

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
They might be bootlegs. The factory that made them for Marvel might've just made some extras to sell on the domestic market.