• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I'm shocked to learn that the VFX people continued to improve some shots for the home release of Infinity War. I didn't think that was a thing that ever happened.

I wish they'd say which ones.

I'm glad Cameron got them to fix the bike stuntman to Arnies face at the right moments in the latest release of Terminator 2.
I'm sure there's more cases like that in movies not like the Star Wars originally trilogy that does this.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Probably posted already but I didn't see it. Movie is currently 3 hours

I thought it was funny when Anthony said no one got up to go to the bathroom in those three hours in the first few screenings. 3 hours will be brilliant.
The answer that Disney care more about the story was great too. Glad they don't cut the movie time down to get more screen showings.

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I thought it was funny when Anthony said no one got up to go to the bathroom in those three hours in the first few screenings. 3 hours will be brilliant.
The answer that Disney care more about the story was great too. Glad they don't cut the movie time down to get more screen showings.
This corroborates what Allan McKay said...that there were effects sequences that would have been very cool in Endgame, but they had been cut in favor of giving more time to the story.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
This corroborates what Allan McKay said...that there were effects sequences that would have been very cool in Endgame, but they had been cut in favor of giving more time to the story.

Hey nice, really shows where the priorities are at with these productions.

Er, you can. Scarlet Witch destroyed the Mind Stone towards the end. On her own, even.

Yeah didn't they say that the things that can bust these stones are the powers of the stones themselves, when referring to Scarlett Witch?

So mind stone powers can destroy the mind stone, but cannot destroy space or soul stones etc?

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Using the stones normally doesn't destroy them. The Infinity Gauntlet grants omnipotence with all gems. There's no reason for the snap to destroy them and it didn't.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah didn't they say that the things that can bust these stones are the powers of the stones themselves, when referring to Scarlett Witch?

So mind stone powers can destroy the mind stone, but cannot destroy space or soul stones etc?

Vision only hypothesized that she could do it because her powers came from it. There is nothing in the text that says something else couldn't do it.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
There are no rules that say a dog CANT wield the infinity gauntlet..

petcover.png

57bd714a0be6fc84dda8cd70f11eda2d.jpg

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The more I see the Quantum Suits on the characters, the more they look like knockoffs that somehow became legitimate, promo art and all.

It just looks so incongruous with the rest of the design, especially with Cap and Iron Man still using their normal helmets. It's so bad.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
That captain marvel post credit tho🤔🤔🤔. Quick but intriguing.

Interested to see how this all shakes out.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if during the flashback/time travel scene to NY, we see Marvel doing her own thing on the other side of the portal. Kind of explain away why she wasn't in the city.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
I expect she shows up early, they try to fight Thanos head on, get defeated again, and then have to resort to time vortexes etc.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Since this is the spoiler thread...

The scene that got shown this week at the shareholders meeting, I've seen it.

Now iirc cap is shaved in that scene where they're all talking. But watching Captain Marvel yesterday he has a beard.

But as I said in the other thread that scene is fairly early in the movie.

If you want to know who else is in the scene I can spoiler quote it.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if [/cross]during the flashback/time travel scene to NY, we see Marvel doing her own thing on the other side of the portal. Kind of explain away why she wasn't in the city.[/cross]
The funniest thing, for me, were if Feige et al. decided to have Carol "reprise" her role in the first Avengers.
Remember how Feige had mentioned how initial drafts of the film had Carol be the fighter pilot that drops the nuke on New York? Well, I'd find it a nice ibt of fanservice if they somehow brought back that idea in EG.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Now iirc cap is shaved in that scene where they're all talking. But watching Captain Marvel yesterday he has a beard.

You saw it? Give deets, was there any sign of Tony?

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018

Guaranteed that Captain Marvel is how he'll appear in the final version, weird that they shaved him in your version.
Yeah I reckon you should tag the spoiler, it's too close to release and I'm ducking out of the thread just in case.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
The way I looked at it, Captain Marvel was the plan B if the Avengers were to ever fail. And by fail, I mean die.

Tesseract gets stolen by Loki in Avengers 1, the Avengers are called and they ultimately take care of business. Same in Age of Ultron. In my mind canon, Fury always knew the pager was an option but believed in the team he assembled.

But then they lose in Infinity War... so at that point, it's time for Captain Marvel to come into the picture.

It's like the "Why didn't the Avengers help Tony in Iron Man 3?" question, just on a cosmic level.

Last edited:

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
The way I looked at it, Captain Marvel was the plan B if the Avengers were to ever fail. And by fail, I mean die.

Tesseract gets stolen by Loki in Avengers 1, the Avengers are called and they ultimately take care of business. Same in Age of Ultron. In my mind canon, Fury always knew the pager was an option but believed in the team in assembled.

But then they lose in Infinity War... so at that point, it's time for Captain Marvel to come into the picture.

It's like the "Why didn't the Avengers help Tony in Iron Man 3?" question, just on a cosmic level.

You're not wrong, she's probably plan C too

"Until I am certain my team can't hold it I will not order a nuclear strike" is what Fury said to the council in Avengers 1. They probably had some of the Tesseract based weapons in production but he did say he was planning something more risky which was the Avengers Initiative.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Tesseract gets stolen by Loki in Avengers 1, the Avengers are called and they ultimately take care of business. Same in Age of Ultron. In my mind canon, Fury always knew the pager was an option but believed in the team he assembled.

I'm sure all the Sokovians appreciate his level of restraint.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible that Fury didn't call in Carol during the original Avengers because he didn't want her to know he'd been weaponizing the Tesseract? He knew she'd be angry so he let shame and pride prevent him from calling her.