• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Title at the end doesn't make sense to me.

It can't possibly end as bleakly as IW. So assuming it ends on some bittersweet, hopeful moment, they can't end on this beautiful sunrise while Cap and Peggy Carter dance in the afterlife and then

BAM: AVENGERS ANNIHILATION

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
They could easily release a trailer without a title reveal. I feel like the only people that care about what it's called are here. Don't think the audience cares a bit.

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Advertising for a film and keeping the subtitle a secret just seems pointless and frustrating more than any sort of hype builder. It's just a subtitle, one that Feige already said wasn't gonna be some mind-blowing thing that's gonna meet fan's expectations. Holding it back isn't gonna make the reaction to it's reveal be anything more than "That's it? Oh, okay." Especially considering we possibly know it already.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
At this point, I don't think that subtitle can live up to the hype.

Everyone is gonna go, "Is that it?" and move on.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
guys maybe the title is just Avengers: Untitled

At this point, I don't think that subtitle can live up to the hype.

Everyone is gonna go, "Is that it?" and move on.

Yup, that was always going to happen. Same with the actual trailer. People are going to be underwhelmed because they've basically hyped themselves up to a level that only a full movie will satisfy. They wanna know what happens and will get mad at teases. Of course this won't be a universial reaction, though. And maybe I'm being too much of a cynical bastard.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Didn't they say there was gonna be news on MVC4 soon? Or am I just hearing things

they did not say anything

Neither Marvel or Capcom have acknowledged the MvC series since like February. Even the few remaining products related to it that came out later (a fightstick and some action figures) weren't advertised at all by either company.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what people are expecting. First trailer may only be a recap/emphasis of the fallout rather than any hints at how they'll fix anything. Trying to keep my expectations low

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
they did not say anything

Neither Marvel or Capcom have acknowledged the MvC series since like February. Even the few remaining products related to it that came out later (a fightstick and some action figures) weren't advertised at all by either company.
Ah, okay. Then who initially said that MVC infinite was getting rebranded?

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
Not sure what people are expecting. First trailer may only be a recap/emphasis of the fallout rather than any hints at how they'll fix anything. Trying to keep my expectations low
Fine by me. I'm secretly hoping they show very little. I would love to go into the movie totally blind but I'm too weak to ignore the first trailer.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone not on ERA and Reddit: "Oh, so they are just calling it Avengers 4? That's cool."

It might backfire.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
Could've had the trailer already but that Iraqi-slaughtering fuck had to go out and kick the bucket.
Learn some history on the subject and what exactly HW did in the Gulf War and why. Beyond that, regardless it's in such poor taste to bash a (legitimate) American leader and war hero because you can't get your comic book movie trailer. And I say that as a hugggge marvel fan.

You should be ashamed of yourself. The story in short, is HW went against the American people's bloodlust to march into Baghdad and remove sadam, and it was a huge contribution to him losing re-election, as well as him raising taxes. The man also flew 50 missions in world war 2, when he could have gone Yale like his politician father wanted to, and instead at age 18 went to fight the Axis powers. I don't want to derail this thread with politics, but your comment is super uncalled for and ignorant. If you want to further discuss this, my PM box is open. But I think you should just apologize.

As far as holding back the name, I don't see why they would want to continue to hold it back. Surely sooner or later they need to start slapping it on merchandise and having something that can actually trend and have a name that will stick in people's heads?

Oct 27, 2017
Learn some history on the subject and what exactly HW did in the Gulf War and why. Beyond that, regardless it's in such poor taste to bash a (legitimate) American leader and war hero because you can't get your comic book movie trailer. And I say that as a hugggge marvel fan.

You should be ashamed of yourself. The story in short, is HW went against the American people's bloodlust to march into Baghdad and remove sadam, and it was a huge contribution to him losing re-election, as well as him raising taxes. The man also flew 50 missions in world war 2, when he could have gone Yale like his politician father wanted to, and instead at age 18 went to fight the Axis powers. I don't want to derail this thread with politics, but your comment is super uncalled for and ignorant. If you want to further discuss this, my PM box is open. But I think you should just apologize.

As far as holding back the name, I don't see why they would want to continue to hold it back. Surely sooner or later they need to start slapping it on merchandise and having something that can actually trend and have a name that will stick in people's heads?

I think he just doesn't know the difference between the two Bush Presidents.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
The trailer will be a Captain America PSA, with him taking a seat in front of Thanos burning farm...

N57iT0e.gif

And after 2mn30 smiling at you, he'll start to say the title and be cut immediately

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Remember we learned the title of Avengers 3 at least back in 2014... so yeah. hype levels are through the roof.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Everyone not on ERA and Reddit: "Oh, so they are just calling it Avengers 4? That's cool."

It might backfire.

What is the last movie to have a numbered sequel? Guardians of the Galaxy comes closest with the "vol.2", but Marvel are smart enough to stay away from numbers to make their sequel farm look more appealing.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really really dislike that all these trailers are so close together. I feel like they're just cannibalizing off each other.

I'm mostly annoyed seeing all the "where's the Avengers 4 trailer?" comments on Captain Marvel's YouTube trailer. Ugh.

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I will do my absolute best to get the thread tomorrow morning, and it will be called, 'Avengers 4: The Dark World - Trailer 1'

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I was always under the impression it was going to be called Avengers: Assemble and that's it