• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
It's impossible for Titan to be in our solar system. The disc spaceship was travelling in hyperspace for hours headed towards Titan. Tony even says they are billions of miles from Earth his in spat with Strange. It's most likely in another galaxy.

Titan in the MCU and comics is literally based on Saturn's moon and media says that's where Thanos was born.
If I didn't know where in space I was I too would say I was a billion miles from Earth.
But to be fair the MCU Titan is said to be an Exoplanet.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
I'm kinda leaning towards the idea that, with half the population of the planet gone, humans kinda just... stop killing each other. So when news breaks out of a series of murders, the first major killing spree since The Snap, Natasha tracks down the killer and the twist is it's Clint.

I would love if it tied into my original theory that Skrull have been replacing people that Thanos killed, slipping into their shoes without anyone being able to tell the difference - and that they tried to do it to Clint, driving him way past breaking point when he realised the truth.

Cool theory, but i can't see them winding such a theory in - think it would be way too complicated to get into the story. Unless Captain Marvel sets it up really well.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I assumed Titan had to be the Saturn moon because of how long it takes Maw's ship to get there, it doesn't appear to be going at lightspeed or anything so it had to be relatively close to Earth.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cool theory, but i can't see them winding such a theory in - think it would be way too complicated to get into the story. Unless Captain Marvel sets it up really well.

Yeah, the only way it would work is if Captain Marvel establishes that Skrull actually assume people's lives after they prematurely die and they don't usually kill people to do it. Then you could frame The Snap as this buffet of opportunities for the Skrull because they could replace tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands, without raising any eyebrows at all. People would be in too much pain and shock to feel anything other than intense relief that their loved ones weren't killed like the rest.

Which kinda raises the most important question of all - why would they do it anyway? Everyone just kinda assumes the Skrull are in the movie, but to be honest I can't imagine why they'd be doing this in the first place.

That's something else Captain Marvel needs to set up, I s'pose.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
It hasnt been established that the Titan Thanos is from is the same moon of Saturn named Titan in our solar system in the MCU. As of now that is a comics exclusive location.

MCU Titan is definitely not Saturn's moon. How is this a serious question?

Thanos described Titan as a planet. Not a moon. It even HAS its own moon, which Thanos threw chunks of as an attack. Saturn's moon Titan does not have it's own moon.

Thanos also described Titan as "beautiful" and showed what it looked like before disaster. Saturn's moon Titan is an icy ball with methane seas with a -200 degree F climate.

He also describes it as resource strapped. Too many mouths with not enough to go around. That race was clearly Spacefaring. If Titan was THAT short on resources, raiding Earth for them or colonizing it (Because Earth is MUCH larger than Saturn's moon) makes more sense than starting a resource war that kills all life.

Thanos committed to wiping out half of all life in the Universe after that, which we see a glimpse of when he kills Gamora's people.

If Earth was the closest habitable planet to Titan, Thanos would have started there, instead of running halfway across the galaxy.

There's no scenario in which Titan as Saturn's moon makes any sense.

Oct 27, 2017
The World
Question - How does Tony even have a helmet?

Isn't it all just like a nano-tech suit or something? Or is he using someone else's helmet to send message?

FavorableSarcasticAmericangoldfinch-size_restricted.gif

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I assumed Titan had to be the Saturn moon because of how long it takes Maw's ship to get there, it doesn't appear to be going at lightspeed or anything so it had to be relatively close to Earth.

People don't realize just how big space is.

It takes about an hour to get from earth to Saturn at the speed of light.

It took Voyager three years to get there.

Its impossible for that ship to be going less than lightspeed EVEN IF it was going to Saturn. Tony would have been on it for days/weeks/months.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
MCU Titan is definitely not Saturn's moon. How is this a serious question?

Thanos described Titan as a planet. Not a moon. It even HAS its own moon, which Thanos threw chunks of as an attack. Saturn's moon Titan does not have it's own moon.

Thanos also described Titan as "beautiful" and showed what it looked like before disaster. Saturn's moon Titan is an icy ball with methane seas with a -200 degree F climate.

He also describes it as resource strapped. Too many mouths with not enough to go around. That race was clearly Spacefaring. If Titan was THAT short on resources, raiding Earth for them or colonizing it (Because Earth is MUCH larger than Saturn's moon) makes more sense than starting a resource war that kills all life.

Thanos committed to wiping out half of all life in the Universe after that, which we see a glimpse of when he kills Gamora's people.

If Earth was the closest habitable planet to Titan, Thanos would have started there, instead of running halfway across the galaxy.

There's no scenario in which Titan as Saturn's moon makes any sense.

"Thanos is this virtually indestructible character who's stronger than the Hulk, and has invincible skin. He's from a planet called Titan. Many years prior to the film his planet was experiencing a cataclysmic shift. They were running out of resources, and they were overpopulated. Thanos made a recommendation that they exterminate half the population randomly in order to save the rest of the population. Of course, the Titans rejected his notion, branded him a mad man, exiled him, and the planet ended up dying. So he has taken it upon himself to go planet-by-planet throughout the universe and wipe out half of the population of each planet as a way to correct the planet and bring it back into balance."

This is the Russo saying Thanos went from planet to planet across the universe.
If Titan is as far away as you all are saying Stark doesn't have a chance in hell in that tiny broken ship he is on.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
"Thanos is this virtually indestructible character who's stronger than the Hulk, and has invincible skin. He's from a planet called Titan. Many years prior to the film his planet was experiencing a cataclysmic shift. They were running out of resources, and they were overpopulated. Thanos made a recommendation that they exterminate half the population randomly in order to save the rest of the population. Of course, the Titans rejected his notion, branded him a mad man, exiled him, and the planet ended up dying. So he has taken it upon himself to go planet-by-planet throughout the universe and wipe out half of the population of each planet as a way to correct the planet and bring it back into balance."

This is the Russo saying Thanos went from planet to planet across the universe.
If Titan is as far away as you all are saying Stark doesn't have a chance in hell in that tiny broken ship he is on.

Uh...yeah, that's the point. Tony is massively screwed unless a miracle happens.

Titan is nowhere near planet earth.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
MCU Titan is a planet, no relation to real-life Saturn moon Titan.

As per Feige:

https://ew.com/movies/2018/03/08/avengers-infinity-war-behind-the-scenes/

"He's from a planet called Titan that's no longer inhabited because of things that he thought he could help prevent, and he was not allowed to do that," Feige says. "What he feared most happened, and the planet and everybody on it basically went extinct. He vowed not to let that happen again. He thinks he sees the universe going down the tubes. He thinks he sees life expanding outward unchecked. That will bring ruin, he believes, to the universe and to that life."

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

We've already seen. The movie spells it out as clearly as it possibly can.

If THAT Titan was Saturn's moon, youd be able to see it from the planet's surface just as you can see Earth from the Moon because Saturn is freaking massive and would be an impossibly huge, impossibly bright object.

And Saturn's moon Titan once again doesn't have a moon of it's own.

It's not in the Solar system.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
If the heroes get the soul and space stone they can get him back.

Hell, I can even see them finding his corpse, using the ime stone to restore him.

The distress beacon (im assuming there is one) could also be picked up by someone. Whatever happened to the Stallone led team of Ravagers teased at the end of Guardians 2? There were supposed to be like 100 Ravager squads. Yondu's wasnt even the largest.

What about the half of Asgard that escaped the culling, presumably with Korg and Valkyrie? They were heading for Earth anyway.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
We've already seen. The movie spells it out as clearly as it possibly can.

If THAT Titan was Saturn's moon, youd be able to see it from the planet's surface just as you can see Earth from the Moon because Saturn is freaking massive and would be an impossibly huge, impossibly bright object.

And Saturn's moon Titan once again doesn't have a moon of it's own.

It's not in the Solar system.

I'll concede for now. I'm going by the comics.

If the heroes get the soul and space stone they can get him back.

Hell, I can even see them finding his corpse, using the ime stone to restore him.

Hell, I think even Thor could get him back if he knew where he was.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Isn't that kind of the point? That Stark is several galaxies away at best and there's no way he'd even be able to tell which direction Earth is, so someone is going to pick him up and bring him to Earth so he can start building the tech they need to undo The Snap.

You have to remember that the scale of the MCU is absurd and spans far more than a few nearby galaxies - indeed, Valkyrie said it'd take a year and a half to travel from Xandar to Asgard in a universe where intergalactic travel only takes a few minutes.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
The distress beacon (im assuming there is one) could also be picked up by someone. Whatever happened to the Stallone led team of Ravagers teased at the end of Guardians 2? There were supposed to be like 100 Ravager squads. Yondu's wasnt even the largest.

What about the half of Asgard that escaped the culling, presumably with Korg and Valkyrie? They were heading for Earth anyway.

These are all way more entertaining ideas than just gem shenanigans!

Can't wait to see how it goes down!

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I'll concede for now. I'm going by the comics.

Even that doesn't make much sense because in the comics Thanos' race wasn't from Titan.

Thanos was an Eternal, and all of those were created on earth alongside Humans. A disagreement led to half of them moving to Saturn's moon to hang out at some point.

There were only a handful of Titanian eternals and Thanos himself (and Starfox) had a father who was an earth born Eternal.

Therefore if you go by the comics, the concept of Titan being Saturn's moon yet vastly overpopulated and ignorant or ambivalent towards Earth doesn't make any sense.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Isn't that kind of the point? That Stark is several galaxies away at best and there's no way he'd even be able to tell which direction Earth is, so someone is going to pick him up and bring him to Earth so he can start building the tech they need to undo The Snap.

You have to remember that the scale of the MCU is absurd and spans far more than a few nearby galaxies - indeed, Valkyrie said it'd take a year and a half to travel from Xandar to Asgard in a universe where intergalactic travel only takes a few minutes.

Yeah that's true, it is very damn big after all

Even that doesn't make much sense because in the comics Thanos' race wasn't from Titan.

Thanos was an Eternal, and all of those were created on earth alongside Humans. A disagreement led to half of them moving to Saturn's moon to hang out at some point.

There were only a handful of Titanian eternals and Thanos himself (and Starfox) had a father who was an earth born Eternal.

Therefore if you go by the comics, the concept of Titan being Saturn's moon yet vastly overpopulated and ignorant or ambivalent towards Earth doesn't make any sense.

Right, very interesting to learn.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Yeah, the axe has the bifrost capabilities right, so he could easily do it? Although the film probably won't do it because that would be too easy, haha.

Yup portable bifrost and for sure that's just lazy writing to me if they did make it that convenient.
Do you reckon Stormbreaker would just wreck the ship if he tried it? That looked really brutal when he landed in Wakanda.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The bifrost would probably blast the ship away, that said Heimdall could bifrost Hulk away from the ship at the start of IW but it was the other way.
THAT SAID. It did make a big fucking hole in the sanctum in NY.

Thugnificent

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
The bifrost would probably blast the ship away, that said Heimdall could bifrost Hulk away from the ship at the start of IW but it was the other way.

I've been thinking about this too. Could the hole in the sanctum just have been caused by the Hulk crashing through at the end of the bifrost warp? Since we see him transitioning from slightly green to full on Banner in the sanctum.

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
Or the physics of starting in the bifrost and landing with it are different. Like throwing something. It impact what it hits, not what throws it.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Yup portable bifrost and for sure that's just lazy writing to me if they did make it that convenient.
Do you reckon Stormbreaker would just wreck the ship if he tried it? That looked really brutal when he landed in Wakanda.
It would almost certainly destroy the ship - we haven't really seen it use to land him in space right, always on a planet and it generally leaves a destructive trail when he lands, like you said about Wakanda. I imagine it won't be used other than maybe for Thor to visit a different planet if needs be - maybe to try and round up some survivors(Valkyrie etc)

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
It would almost certainly destroy the ship - we haven't really seen it use to land him in space right, always on a planet and it generally leaves a destructive trail when he lands, like you said about Wakanda. I imagine it won't be used other than maybe for Thor to visit a different planet if needs be - maybe to try and round up some survivors(Valkyrie etc)

Yeah seems to be a big difference between the bifrost and conjuring the powers of the all fathers like Ofin and Heimdell did with Thor and Hulk in A1 and IW.

Seems the latter gets them to reach the destination and they take over from there like when Thor landed on the quinjet and Hulk in his beaten state landing in the Sanctum.

I suppose Thor would know where Valkyrie and Korg went with the other Asgardians and what's left of them.

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Yeah seems to be a big difference between the bifrost and conjuring the powers of the all fathers like Ofin and Heimdell did with Thor and Hulk in A1 and IW.

Seems the latter gets them to reach the destination and they take over from there like when Thor landed on the quinjet and Hulk in his beaten state landing in the Sanctum.

I suppose Thor would know where Valkyrie and Korg went with the other Asgardians and what's left of them.

Yeah, definitely. Although thinking about it, I don't see Thor jetting off anywhere. He will be thinking everyone he knows is dead, so better to hang around with the others.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
How do you think the fight against Thanos ends?

I'm going to guess that Thor aims for the head next time.

I feel like it'll be vaguely inspired by the end to Infinity do they can bring Thanos back if they want to. While travelling through time they learn Thanos has a son, additional motivation for everything he's done, and ask him for help. Thanos won't attack his son because he's basically Dracula in Castlevania Season 2 and Thane then amberizes his daddy.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
How do you think the fight against Thanos ends?

I'm going to guess that Thor aims for the head next time.

I honestly have no idea. Maybe they convince him that he was wrong? For some reason I think that Quill's line about Titan's axis being off is going to be important. Maybe the Avengers time travel to Titan's past and find out that it was Thanos that caused the devastation and not overpopulation. Maybe it was so traumatic for him that he convinced himself it was not his fault and the Avenegers will force him to confront the truth? Who knows.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it'll be vaguely inspired by the end to Infinity do they can bring Thanos back if they want to. While travelling through time they learn Thanos has a son, additional motivation for everything he's done, and ask him for help. Thanos won't attack his son because he's basically Dracula in Castlevania Season 2 and Thane then amberizes his daddy.
I also had the idea that they would end it like Thanos Imperative, where Quill and Nova held him captive in the Cancerverse. I think some of the Avengers and Guardians will do the same somewhere, somehow. It leaves them with an opening to bring him back later if they want.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I also had the idea that they would end it like Thanos Imperative, where Quill and Nova held him captive in the Cancerverse. I think some of the Avengers and Guardians will do the same somewhere, somehow. It leaves them with an opening to bring him back later if they want.
I would prefer this. Killing Villains off is the dumbest thing comicbook movies do

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I agree that they'll leave the possibility open for Thanos to return. CGI character, everyone loves him, no way they completely kill him off.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017