• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For real
tenor.gif

Better. :P

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
X-posting some thoughts I had:

Im gonna be honest, the biggest spoiler in that clip (you know what Im talking about if you know me) only got me way more hyped. It was a moment I was actually afraid of I was not gonna see, but now that I know that certain moment is in there, Im not afraid of watching Endgame any longer, as that moment is in the movie.

It's a moment I have waited for years to happen and know that I know it is in the movie, Im incredible happy and can't wait to see it in my theater.

I did not see all of it, just some seconds from the battle that's enough.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The leaked footage made me more hyped for the movie. I still think it's kinda cheap and cheesy to go with time travel, and it looks like everyone will just forget everything in the end (everyone besides the heroes maybe), but damn, that leak sold me more than anything else cause I never really gave a damn about the "story". I just want to see the battles and wacky time travel shit like with Professor Hulk being embarrassed by his savage side 😭

The Hulk scene

with watching his old self in NY smash up the car is going to play amazingly with cinema audiences

Saya

Oct 25, 2017
Seemed like there are a few different compilations of footage out there. I saw a few that didn't have the

Cap with mjolnir vs thanos one on one fight in it

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but Thanos is stronger than Thor, he drags him around like a doll at the beginning of IW. If Cap gets Thor's power it still shouldn't be enough.

Thanos isn't stronger than Thor and even Thanos knew that.

It's important to remember that Thanos took an entire army, his Black Order and the Power Gem to attack the Asgardians. Thanos considered the Xandarians easier to take out than the Asgardians, despite Thor really being the only threat.

How could they survive when even Wakanda didn't have to fight anything like that and they were losing until Thor showed up?

Thanos went all out against them and he used Thor's own people against him - we saw what Thor can do, the kind of power he can summon. So why no lightning? The only viable explanation is that they're on a space ship, a very metal space ship, and if Thor summoned lightning as we've seen him do in Ragnarok he'd endanger the lives of his fellow Asgardians, maybe even killing them outright.

Stormbreaker didn't make Thor stronger, it gave him something to channel his strength through. Thanos would never have stood a chance with just the Power Gem if they had fought anywhere but a tincan floating in space with hundreds of innocent civilians onboard.

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I don't get: 'two stones uptown, one stone down'

Space and Mind being uptown with the Tesseract and Spear, only thing I can think of is they time stone but the Eye of Agamotto is still in Kamar-Taj at that point, no?

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
Someone send me the footage please... I'm begging. I can't find it anywhere!
i did the converto.io thing someone mentioned in the last page and got it to download. the final battle in this movie with cap saying the "assemble" line !I$#%**#%* F**k i can't be more excited for this movie. also it looks like cap marvel cut her hair and i love it.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Thanos isn't stronger than Thor and even Thanos knew that.

It's important to remember that Thanos took an entire army, his Black Order and the Power Gem to attack the Asgardians. Thanos considered the Xandarians easier to take out than the Asgardians, despite Thor really being the only threat.

How could they survive when even Wakanda didn't have to fight anything like that and they were losing until Thor showed up?

Thanos went all out against them and he used Thor's own people against him - we saw what Thor can do, the kind of power he can summon. So why no lightning? The only viable explanation is that they're on a space ship, a very metal space ship, and if Thor summoned lightning as we've seen him do in Ragnarok he'd endanger the lives of his fellow Asgardians, maybe even killing them outright.

Stormbreaker didn't make Thor stronger, it gave him something to channel his strength through. Thanos would never have stood a chance with just the Power Gem if they had fought anywhere but a tincan floating in space with hundreds of innocent civilians onboard.
Thanos has always been stronger than Thor in every incarnation.
qg2e273pg8l01.jpg

infinity-006-036.jpg
And this idea that Stormbreaker didnt make Thor stronger it just channeled his power is nonsense. Thor can't summon the Bifrost. And the writers themselves have said Stormbreaker itself had a counter to the Gauntlet because it was made by the same person, it's not Thor's powerset, thats why he needs it in the first place.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019

And this idea that Stormbreaker didnt make Thor stronger it just channeled his power is nonsense. Thor can't summon the Bifrost. And the writers themselves have said Stormbreaker itself had a counter to the Gauntlet because it was made by the same person, it's not Thor's powerset, thats why he needs it in the first place.

It's a movie about superheroes and mystical space shit, they can re-write that shit however they want as many times as they want.

So, It's Carol wearing the Stark Gauntlet when they will kick Thano's ass. Thank fuck for that.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
It's a movie about superheroes and mystical space shit, they can re-write that shit however they want as many times as they want.
Sure they can but the fact Thanos casually beat Hulk in 10 seconds after Thor has had two massive drawn out fights with him suggest to me they haven't changed where Thanos sits compared to Thor.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe how weak I am.. I caved in and watched the final battle. It's super predictable.. but still. I guess it's safe to assume no one dies right?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Seemed like there are a few different compilations of footage out there. I saw a few that didn't have the

Cap with mjolnir vs thanos one on one fight in it

*THAT* is literally the part which made me .. and pardon the ancient metaphor ... literally jizz in my pants. If Disney are worried about people losing interest after watching the video, I can personally reassure them that it made my hype increase exponentially, if anything.

Can't believe how weak I am.. I caved in and watched the final battle. It's super predictable.. but still. I guess it's safe to assume no one dies right?

That video cannot be the full final battle, just a few cherry picked seconds. There will definitely have to be a few deaths, the stakes are way too damn high for everyone to come out alive.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
qg2e273pg8l01.jpg

infinity-006-036.jpg

Heimdall's sword could also summon the Bifrost but it didn't give him powers or make him stronger. The abilities of Asgardian weapons are independent of the abilities of their wielder and presumably why lesser beings can't wield them without going insane and burning up from the power, kinda like wielding an Infinity Gem. We didn't see the fight itself, but it's probably safe to assume that Thor lost on the Asgardian ship because he had to fight not just Thanos and the Power Gem, but the Black Order as well, and couldn't channel any of his power without killing his friends.

Given that the Hulk was a surprise, clearly the only help Thor had was from the folks like Heimdall and Loki - which really isn't much help at all - so he would've had to basically fight 5 v 1 against opponents the other Avengers couldn't beat even when they were split into smaller groups.

And just because Thanos is stronger than Thor in the comics doesn't mean he is in the movies. The movies aren't that interested in such unbalanced scales of power. Heck, one punch from Thanos was enough to kill Rogers in the comics but he got up after a few minutes in the movie.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
*THAT* is literally the part which made me .. and pardon the ancient metaphor ... literally jizz in my pants. If Disney are worried about people losing interest after watching the video, I can personally reassure them that it made my hype increase exponentially, if anything.

That video cannot be the full final battle, just a few cherry picked seconds. There will definitely have to be a few deaths, the stakes are way too damn high for everyone to come out alive.

I mean that scene was about Cap kinda being down and out, then everyone saving him in the last second. Tonally it would be weird if Thanos killed someone after that.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to stay strong but holy fuck.

Just got my tickets in korea on the 24th. Thats like the 23rd in america. No humble brag lol.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
So Cap fighting Thanos with Mjolnir, is it a weakened Thanos? Cuz how im i suppose to believe Thor with Stormbreaker can't defeat Thanos but Cap with Mjolnir can put up a fight just because??

Thor did wreck Thanos with Stormbreaker. The weapon cut through all the power of the stones that Thanos was using to try and stop it from hitting him. He just didn't insta kill him with a headshot. It was a strategic mistake not a power level thing.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't believe they are giving us short hair carol.

That's just.. so fucking awesome.

Also the professor hulk stuff is going to be hilarious I think.

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Damn as awesome as that was I wish it didn't have the Assemble part. Would have been super hyped for the theater. Still will be of course but damn.

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how I feel about Boomer Thor. He had a great arc and to see it regress for comedy feels pretty off.
It makes sense. Think about what he went through.
Sister came back. Killed his father and blew up his home world. They flee and moments later stumble upon Thanos who destroys the whole ship and kills his brother. Almost dies trying to make Stormbreaker. Goes fight Thanos, has the chance to kill him but messes up with the one chance he had. Results in half the universe dying.
Gonna assume the leaks were right and in the first Act they go fight Thanos only to lose yet again.

Him giving up and not giving a shit during the time skip is pretty reasonable.

Oct 25, 2017
México
The only thing about the Captain scene with the hammer, is that it kinda feels not very important after we see Vision doing the same. They ruined the moment (at least for me) by allowing Vision to use the hammer too.

bgSAI9t.png

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Where can I find this footage? Not opposed to a PM, but honestly I just want to know so that I can set my expectations.

Puruzi

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
It makes sense. Think about what he went through.
Sister came back. Killed his father and blew up his home world. They flee and moments later stumble upon Thanos who destroys the whole ship and kills his brother. Almost dies trying to make Stormbreaker. Goes fight Thanos, has the chance to kill him but messes up with the one chance he had. Results in half the universe dying.
Gonna assume the leaks were right and in the first Act they go fight Thanos only to lose yet again.

Him giving up and not giving a shit during the time skip is pretty reasonable.
That's fair, but from the footage that we've seen, the tone looks off. It looks like its supposed to be funny that he gave up, he's just a chubby shmuck