• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm a bit sad we may never see child-mentality Hulk again - apparently Professor Hulk is a bit smaller and not quite as strong.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit sad we may never see child-mentality Hulk again - apparently Professor Hulk is a bit smaller and not quite as strong.

I wonder where they can even go with Hulk from here. Maybe split Hulk off from Banner entirely, so that he is more of an anti-hero or something? I wouldn't be surprised if they team him up with Thor again though.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
Wont messing with the timeline screw something up later like the flash?

Marvel comics has usually had an interpretation of time travel that once the inciting incident is fixed time reverts back to normal, but the alternate timeline is kind of broken off into its own separate reality. So when Xavier was not accidentally killed by Legion to create the Age of Apocalypse arc the main timeline reset to normal and several characters managed to escape to the main Marvel continuity. It was later discovered that the Age of Apocalypse timeline had turned into its own reality.

Classicrock78

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio
Marvel comics has usually had an interpretation of time travel that once the inciting incident is fixed time reverts back to normal, but the alternate timeline is kind of broken off into its own separate reality. So when Xavier was not accidentally killed by Legion to create the Age of Apocalypse arc the main timeline reset to normal and several characters managed to escape to the main Marvel continuity. It was later discovered that the Age of Apocalypse timeline had turned into its own reality.
Ahh cool thanks.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Mere days to waits peeps, hold tight. As I expect real spoilers to fesston across the interwebs by Tuesday.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Mere days to waits peeps, hold tight. As I expect real spoilers to fesston across the interwebs by Tuesday.

Real spoilers will be out tonight. There's always someone who will run to 4Chan right after the premiere.

Tomorrow bootleg videos will be all over Instagram since the first showings in China are tomorrow around noon US time.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Real spoilers will be out tonight. There's always someone who will run to 4Chan right after the premiere.

Tomorrow bootleg videos will be all over Instagram since the first showings in China are tomorrow around noon US time.

Haha damn...then time to batten down the hatches. Which genius decided to schedule China getting it early?

Well if anyone wants to know cap spoilers before they get inevitably leaked I can spoiler them. Maybe Haha.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That's actually the one potential leak that has me worried. It's just such a cop out.

Yeah. This is my least favorite possible "twist" they could possibly do with the character.

Peggy moved on, she found someone else, and Cap's whole arc in these films is partially about moving on from HER too. Cap doesn't need to and SHOULDN'T go back to her.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Yeah. This is my least favorite possible "twist" they could possibly do with the character.

Peggy moved on, she found someone else, and Cap's whole arc in these films is partially about moving on from HER too. Cap doesn't need to and SHOULDN'T go back to her.
It is so against his character that I'm convinced, assuming people aren't lying through their teeth, it was filmed specifically so that the real ending wouldn't leak.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It is so against his character that I'm convinced, assuming people aren't lying through their teeth, it was filmed specifically so that the real ending wouldn't leak.

It has to be, yeah. It's just so stupid and it feels like the textbook definition of what some fanboy with a complete lack of understanding of character arcs or character progression would want to see as the end of Steve's story.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Counter-point:
If Evans wants to come back, we may get to see Captain America in a sequel that takes place in the 1950s or 1960s.

Wouldn't that completely break the timeline, though? Cap disappeared and was gone until the Avengers defrosted him. Having him go back to the past and start doing hero things in the past would create a massive paradox.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't that completely break the timeline, though? Cap disappeared and was gone until the Avengers defrosted him. Having him go back to the past and start doing hero things in the past would create a massive paradox.

"I shouldn't do thing, what if incursion?"
Bad thing happens, Cap does what Cap does
"I saved the day but hmmm we might have a small incursion now"
Avengers 5: Incursion

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Make r/MarvelStudiosSpoilers cry! (they REALLY don't like the Cap thing)

I don't like it either. Unless it's an alternate universe situation. I don't see Cap "retiring" and willingly letting his knowledge of the future take a back seat while he watches tragedies he could prevent unfold.

CmYkjJdXgAAwJEM.jpg

Last edited: