• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
People have been asking for a separate place to discuss and speculate the next untitled Avengers film for 2019. In order not to spoil people who just wanna discuss Infinity War in the Infinity War OT, speculation can be contained to this place.

This thread will obviously also have open spoilers to Avengers: Infinity War and its ending, which is stated in the thread title.

LEAKED CONCEPT ART
artc6xb5.jpg

4b8um0.jpg

1vgumy.jpg

2y2u2n.jpg

37auau.jpg

SET PHOTOS
[01.10.2018] Avengers 4 set photos hints at time-travel devices.

[12.12.2017] Gwyneth Paltrow wears motion-capture suit on Avengers 4 set

[11.03.2017] New photos reveals Thor from the past

[11.02.2017] Set photos shows Tony Stark in S.H.I.E.L.D. garb

[10.30.2017] Mark Ruffalo Shares Stunning 'Avengers 4' Set Photo

[10.24.2017] 'Avengers 4' Set Photos Confirm Hawkeye's Ronin Costume

[10.08.2017] Chris Evans, Paul Rudd, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Karen Gillian, Don Cheadle and RDJ assemble on set.

[08.20.2017] First set photos recreates Tokyo in Atlanta studio

ARCHIVE
[04.26.2018] Kevin Feige: Avengers 4 title is a spoiler for what comes before it
[04.25.2018] Avengers 4 takes place 5 years in the future
[04.23.2018] Jon Favreau confirms Hogan is back for Avengers 4
[04.23.2018] Kevin Feige says Avengers 4 is conclusion to the 21 prior movies
[04.23.2018] Kevin Feige: Decision to withhold Avengers 4 title backfired
[04.22.2018] Russo bros: Avengers 4 will probably be longer than Infinity War
[04.17.2018] Emma Fuhrmann Joins 'Untitled Avengers' As Cassie Lang
[03.21.2018] Avengers 4 is a very different movie from Infinity War
[03.21.2018] Stephen McFeely: "You have no idea what Avengers 4 is"
[03.16.2018] Infinity War characters with little screen-time pushed to forefront in Avengers 4
[03.15.2018] Captain Marvel has a great outfit in Avengers 4
[02.03.2018] Evangeline Lilly confirms Wasp cameo in Avengers 4
[01.23.2018] Civil War has hints of Avengers 4 story beats
[12.12.2017] Jeremy Renner teases Avengers 4 Hawkeye costume
[10.23.2017] Kevin Feige confirms Captain Marvel for Avengers 4
[10.10.2017] Hulk has major arc from Thor: Ragnarok through Avengers 4
[09.19.2017] Sebastian Stan filmed Avengers 4 scenes in October 2017
[09.18.2017] Atlantla Filming spots Brie Larson on set of Avengers 4
[09.16.2017] Westworld's Hiroyuki Sanada will have supporting role in Avengers
[09.03.2017] Avengers 4 returns to film in Scotland
[08.03.2017] Rumored cast list for Avengers 4 shows no Spider-Man and Wasp
[07.29.2017] Avengers 4 filmed two days in Tokyo, Japan
[04.25.2017] Did Zoe Saldana reveal 'Gauntlet' title?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sturoboros

Oct 27, 2017
That's the first I'm reading of the five years later theory that ManaByte posted about on MCU Cosmic the other night - had to avoid sites like that before I got to see Infinity War. Some incredible possibilities to come from something such as that.

Loverdose

Oct 27, 2017
For me it makes sense that :

- The ones alive at the end of Avengers IW will be dead or retired before the end of Avengers 4
- All the ones that disappeared will be back
- All the dead from the movie will not (Gamora, Loki, Vision)

Your plot seems entirely plausible. Though really, working with time is not what i like but hey, if not badly made, it is fine.

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017
That's the first I'm reading of the five years later theory that ManaByte posted about on MCU Cosmic the other night - had to avoid sites like that before I got to see Infinity War. Some incredible possibilities to come from something such as that.
Thanks for posting the source to that speculation piece, I was about to contact Manabyte since I couldn't find it. Will add to OP and clean it up later.

Oct 25, 2017
People have been asking for a separate place to discuss and speculate the next untitled Avengers film for 2019. In order not to spoil people who just wanna discuss Infinity War in the Infinity War OT, speculation can be contained to this place.

This thread will obviously also have open spoilers to Avengers: Infinity War and its ending, which is stated in the thread title.

I'm currently on my way home, but I'll add the set photos and other speculation to the OP when I got time.

I think the current plot speculation is something along these lines:

Basically be based on the Avengers Forever comic book.
The other twist, that folk have speculated, is that it's not just time and space, but dimension hopping, while they work out the kinks. Hence, maybe some super heroes from other alternate timelines or dimensions, ie, Captain Marvel.

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea of it being an "Avengers Forever" type thing with time travel stuff going on. But I thought Thanos supposedly kills everyone in the city by the end of Infinity War, so how does Tony Stark survive?

It's not going to happen, but I would love it if the time travel stuff borrows from Age Of Ultron's ending, I.E. all the time travel shenanigans punches holes in the fabric of space-time, which can then be used to explain where characters like the Fantastic Four and X-Men could come from.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having the characters who survived live with the events of Infinity War for 5 years is brutal, but I like it.

I feel like Ant-Man is going to be the lynch pin somehow, it'll basically be a more detailed version of the prediction in this video.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
I like the idea of it being an "Avengers Forever" type thing with time travel stuff going on. But I thought Thanos supposedly kills everyone in the city by the end of Infinity War, so how does Tony Stark survive?

It's not going to happen, but I would love it if the time travel stuff borrows from Age Of Ultron's ending, I.E. all the time travel shenanigans punches holes in the fabric of space-time, which can then be used to explain where characters like the Fantastic Four and X-Men could come from.

Regarding Tony living, Doctor Strange made a bargain for his life.

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017
It would be cool if they take us back to other events than just the 2012 Battle of New York. Take us to past films events, like the portal hopping fight in London (The Dark World), the Sokovia land drop (Age of Ultron) etc.

Oct 26, 2017
2 less talked about scenes I read about (not sure if there is confirmation on these)

meeting Ant-Man , possibly giving him something? (take a guess)

on a road with WWII period cars

Oct 25, 2017
I can see the Russos pitching Fiege on the Avengers 4 title... "What if we just call it ANT-MAN SAVES THE AVENGERS."

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, so are characters who are off-world during the movie not turned into dust or whatever? The spoilers I read made it sound like just about everyone on Earth was reduced to dust at the end of the movie.

Half the life in the universe was killed, Tony was one of those left alive, he's just off planet with Nebula. So only half of earth's population is gone.

I can see the Russos pitching Fiege on the Avengers 4 title... "What if we just call it ANT-MAN SAVES THE AVENGERS."

Apparently they had the title of the sequel in mind very early on and it's very much what the film is about.

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, so are characters who are off-world during the movie not turned into dust or whatever? The spoilers I read made it sound like just about everyone on Earth was reduced to dust at the end of the movie.
Some of those off-world died too. Drax, Star-Lord, Spider-Man and Doctor Strange vanished.

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
I know the set pics, but I'm not sure we're really getting time travel. It might enable too many shenanigans.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the 5 years sticks at the end. Would love to see a Black Panther 2 where the dynamic between Shuri and T'Challa is completely different because she has been BP for the 5 years he's been gone.

OP
OP
luca

luca

Oct 25, 2017
hang on... so are we spoiler tags or not?

if you're in here, you've seen it yeah? (or just don't care)
Open spoilers, so no tags. I don't know if that's a bad idea though. If people want it changed to using spoiler-tags we can do that. But I imagined this thread for people who've seen Infinity War and just wanted to go straight to speculating the next Avengers, since there started to be a want for this in the Infinity War OT.

I'm actually starting to think we should have either waited a week for this thread, or I shouldn't have made it open spoilers. Since a large chunk of people still haven't seen Infinity War and could click on this one per accident.

And now I feel bad.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I hope the 5 years sticks at the end. Would love to see a Black Panther 2 where the dynamic between Shuri and T'Challa is completely different because she has been BP for the 5 years he's been gone.

I don't think it would stick. I think they'd be able to reverse the snap and then it'll be present day.

Things supporting the time travel & five years later thing:
  • Set photos showing the Battle of New York and an older Stark.
  • Older Stark wearing a SHIELD uniform.
  • Teenaged Cassie Lang cast.
And I'm pretty sure the planet Thanos is on at the end of IW is Titan in the past. He used the gauntlet to both wipe out half the life in the universe AND go back in time to before Titan was destroyed.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't this mean that the original timeline is forever fucked no matter what?

Yes probably, I mean in Doctor Strange he tells us there are other universes where shit happened and nothing stopped it, so the timeline where everyone dies will continue while the Avengers fiddle with a past one to create a better future.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017

Might make the Spider-man sequels awkward, since the high school dynamic seems pretty important for the side characters.

Dec 2, 2017
I'm sort of wondering now how its gonna work regarding Captain Marvel and fixing it, or at the very least bringing back some of the prominent characters that died. Some people in the other thread said about the time stone, but thats pretty vague, plus Strange is dead as well.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Might make the Spider-man sequels awkward, since the high school dynamic seems pretty important for the side characters.

Actually yes, we know it won't stick because Homecoming 2 is out right after A4.

I'm sort of wondering now how its gonna work regarding Captain Marvel and fixing it, or at the very least bringing back some of the prominent characters that died. Some people in the other thread said about the time stone, but thats pretty vague, plus Strange is dead as well.

Can't be the time stone since it's in the Gauntlet on Thanos' hand. That's why they use Pym tech to travel through time, which is also really cool as it shows that with 4 billion people dead; Hank puts aside his hatred of the Starks to help fix it.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
Damn, I didn't know about that 5 year time jump. Avoided every leak, only saw someone post the Cassie Lang thing. Sounds amazing.

Why does everyone think Vision died for real, though? The movie made a point of Vision being able to live without the Mind Stone, maybe Shuri finished her work.
He also turned black and white, isn't Vision colorless in the Infinity Gauntley comic?

Oct 26, 2017

I think the best thing might be to spawn off multiple timelines which can each host different films, then a few phases later you can mash them together again in an incursion event.

Sturoboros

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to speculate that we'll be onto a second speculation thread in not much time at all here haha

As said in the IW thread, some of the pay-offs in A4 will be phenomenal. We'll get to see Cap and Tony back at eachother's sides, and everyone coming back together to face Thanos together. That Infinity War dodged both of these and was still such a phenomenal experience speaks volumes. We'll get reunions too for all those who dusted away - think Tony (working hard on seeking redemption) & Peter and Rocket & Groot especially.

#ReleaseAvengers4TrailerNow

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming only the people that got dust-ified by the gauntlet are the ones coming back....

Loki, Heimdall, Gamora, and Vision are all perma-dead, right?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I didn't know about that 5 year time jump. Avoided every leak, only saw someone post the Cassie Lang thing. Sounds amazing.

Why does everyone think Vision died for real, though? The movie made a point of Vision being able to live without the Mind Stone, maybe Shuri finished her work.
He also turned black and white, isn't Vision colorless in the Infinity Gauntley comic?

I mean he also had his skull pinched but I suppose it's not impossible that he survived, it just doesn't seem likely. Even if he did I doubt he'll be much like his old self.