• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
God fucking dammit, time travel? Are you serious?

Man I really hope that it's not what it looks like and these scenes are just like... stuff that happened in the past that we haven't seen before. If they literally pull people out of time and fuck up the timeline like that... ugh god dammit I hate it when people bullshit time travel like that. They're basically fucking up their own timeline and/or fucking up other timelines as well. That's garbage writing and garbage paradoxical time travel out the ass. Is the Avengers Forever comic good? Maybe I should check it out before I totally write this off but I'm really picky about time travel stories and the high I was on from just seeing Infinity War just took a complete shit dive reading the OP.

Is Potts ever going to remember she has powers again?
She hasn't had powers since the end of the movie she got them in.

Last edited:

hotcyder

Oct 28, 2017
If they're time travelling - they need to get really weird with it.
I'm talking retconning the Xmen in wholesale weird.
Getting the 60s Fantastic Four in there weird.

Because if it's just a Demo Reel for Disney's De-aging tech then fuck it.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The infinity gauntlet was busted so Thanos isn't using that again, but yeah... the "deaths" mean very little when we know for sure Spider-Man, Black Panther, and members of the Guardians are for sure coming back.

The stones are fine. How do you think he teleported away?

It's just a different title.

It gives undue respect to that shitty adaptation of the Avengers TV series, so nope.

Romez

Nov 11, 2017
So here's what will probably happen:

- All the dead from the gauntlet will return. It's an obvious one considering that they "killed" all the heroes from their best current franchises and left old ones (Thor, Iron Man, Cap, Hulk) alive for a reason.
- There will be a reverse sacrifice - the old Avengers will die in 4, to let the new ones live again. This will create good story arcs (Tony dies but Peter lives, Cap for Bucky etc.) which will be a good character send-off for the older heroes.

- Those who didn't die from the gauntlet will probably stay dead. Loki - defnitely no, he's done as a character, Gamora - I'd like her to come back because GotG should be a fun adventure and they have great chemistry with Pratt but her death in this movie was earned.

Unknown:
- Obviously there'll be a time jump to the point at which Thanos didn't use the gauntlet - will it be before he flicked his fingers or before the gauntlet was created?
- Ant Man and Wasp - how will it tie in? Obviously Captain Marvel is a soft reboot.
- Will any of the old cast survive - personally I'm fine with Thor getting another movie, Ragnarok was fun. Hulk?

I can see something like this happening.

If you look at who 'died', new Avengers (Black Panther, Spider-Man, Guardians, Dr Strange) and who are still alive, old Avengers (Tony, Steve, Bruce, Natasha and Thor) they are loosely linked.

Thor sacrifices himself to bring back the Guardians, Iron Man sacrifices himself to bring back Spider-Man and Dr Strange and Cap sacrifices himself to bring back Bucky, Sam and Black Panther.

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
I can't believe they killed Valkyrie, she has to be brought back in Avengers 4. She was the best thing about Thor Ragnarok, and has endless potential, damnit!

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Now the real question will be

Is Tony Director of SHIELD? I can't imagine they bring back Coulson as the substitute director because Fury and Hill turned into dust. Or maybe Captain Marvel will be used to reintroduce Son of Coul to the movie audience again.

... ... now I want the OG Avengers being mad at Coulson.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
A couple of predictions for Avengers 4:

-The scene from the comics with Cap walking towards Thanos will definitely happen. Marvel Studios are great with paying homage to comics.
-Cap will wield Mjolnir against Thanos. Time travel is a very likely scenario so at some point young Thor will be K.O.-ed and Cap will lift the hammer.
-Thor will dual wield Stormbreaker and Mjolnir.

Kyberpunk

Oct 28, 2017
- There will be a reverse sacrifice - the old Avengers will die in 4, to let the new ones live again. This will create good story arcs (Tony dies but Peter lives, Cap for Bucky etc.) which will be a good character send-off for the older heroes.

If you look at who 'died', new Avengers (Black Panther, Spider-Man, Guardians, Dr Strange) and who are still alive, old Avengers (Tony, Steve, Bruce, Natasha and Thor) they are loosely linked.

Thor sacrifices himself to bring back the Guardians, Iron Man sacrifices himself to bring back Spider-Man and Dr Strange and Cap sacrifices himself to bring back Bucky, Sam and Black Panther.

Red Skull: "It requires a sacrifice. A soul for a soul."
Steve: "We don't trade lives."
Thanos' entire point about overpopulation, killing half to save half...

I can totally see this happening.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe they killed Valkyrie, she has to be brought back in Avengers 4. She was the best thing about Thor Ragnarok, and has endless potential, damnit!
Who said they did? Thor said Thanos killed "half" his people, it can be assumed he evacuated part of the population as Thanos attacked. I imagine Valkyrie and Korg and a chunk of the Asgardians are elsewhere now, awaiting a Thor sequel down the line.

Oct 26, 2017
Who said they did? Thor said Thanos killed "half" his people, it can be assumed he evacuated part of the population as Thanos attacked. I imagine Valkyrie and Korg and a chunk of the Asgardians are elsewhere now, awaiting a Thor sequel down the line.
Valkyrie is definitely in the next one anyway, whether she's alive or dead.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they time travel, they have to go back to before Thanos destroys Xandar. Like Banner says, even with just one or two Infinity Stones, Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe. He doesn't need all six Stones to achieve his goals, it's just the "cleanest" way to do it (just like Zemo didn't need Hydra mook to tell him where his Siberian lair was, but it would have prevented the "need" to bomb the U.N. if he had).

So if they go back to at least pre-Xandar, then everyone lives.

If they do that though Loki and Gamora and Heimdall survive automatically, and I don't see them doing that. Maybe Gamora comes back somehow but Loki is definitely out.

Or they do go back pre-Xandar but Loki ends up sacrificing himself along with others anyway to stop Thanos, then the stones are destroyed so there's no way to undo the deaths this time.

Also, Strange could have twitched a finger and locked Quill up but knew it needed to happen. The guilt Quill made Thanos feel may play a part later and the snap had to happen with Stark alive anyways.

Yeah, that didn't even occur to me.

I think he was also the only one not pleading for Quill to stop, which means he saw this outcome already.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
There were some moments in the fight with thanos where Doctor Strange slipped away.

I would bet he portaled himself to Hank Pym and they went to the subatomic realm and cut a piece of the time stone before he returned to give the rest of the gem to thanos.

That's an end credit scene in the ant man 2 film that is why the film won't be shown until after avengers 3.

Pym is to survive thanos in the quantum realm and give the stone to tony and cap to use time travel to prevent this. But it's a one way trip meaning tony and cap won't be able to return to the timeline.

Bruh, this is it. Gotta be.

Edit: I'll add it will probably be Cap only, they have spent so long on Potts and Tony, he may try to sacrifice himself but Cap wont let him. Then Tony will retire Iron Man to live with Pots.

Or they will rip our heart out and kill off both.

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil

The spoilers I read all mention the cast from Ragnarok being dead, awesome if its not the case. I would pay a fortune to watch a "Valkyrie's drunken space adventures" movie.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Got a feeling our original 6 (Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye and Widow) are all dead at the end of the next movie. I was hoping Fury would show up more than just the end credits but I hope he is in more of the next one. The fact that we havent seen him since the Winter Soldier is kinda weird.

Feb 10, 2018
What was the device nick fury had at the end?
Fury didnt seem to surprised that people were turning into dust, almost like he was expecting it.
Are there time travellers in the marvel universe fury could of been in contact with?

RudiJ

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like the reason Thanos had to win is because he's so powerful that he is impossible to defeat when he has a goal. The way to win is to let Thanos achieve his goal, and then make him realise that he was wrong, and that he should reverse the change. We see Gamora talking to him, presumably from the soul gem, which leads me to believe he'll continue to talk to her and realise his guilt. Strange made a point of not stopping Star Lord (someone Thanos said he liked) from getting mad and sacrificing their victory just because he loved Gamora so much. Sacrificing victory for Gamora is something Thanos couldn't do, and maybe he'll feel bad about that. Plus Stark is alive, someone Thanos respects as a fellow genius. Perhaps the reason he had to live was to show that eradicating half the universe didn't actually save anything, and he'll realise that it's better to just revert to the moment before he snapped his fingers.

Of course, I don't know how that ends with a big punchy showdown but we'll see how it turns out.

Oct 26, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't someone say they spotted Tessa Thomson on the set of Avengers 4?

She was Edinburgh along with Ruffalo and Hemsworth. Whether they shot any of their stuff in Edinburgh I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if some location shots got filmed for A4 during the A3 shoot, especially if they are doing time travel jiggery pokery.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Will we ever see or hear about anything Red Skull related ever again? Even a casual mention.

I know you didnt like it but I thought the Red Skull reveal was great. Many people in my theater gasped when they saw his face including me. I bet we dont see him again unless he is somehow revived when all the other avengers are as a consequence of their revival.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know you didnt like it but I thought the Red Skull reveal was great. Many people in my theater gasped when they saw his face including me. I bet we dont see him again unless he is somehow revived when all the other avengers are as a consequence of their revival.
One person in my theater awkwardly laughed and a woman said "Oh, it's that guy!"

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Got a feeling our original 6 (Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye and Widow) are all dead at the end of the next movie. I was hoping Fury would show up more than just the end credits but I hope he is in more of the next one. The fact that we havent seen him since the Winter Soldier is kinda weird.

Did you skip Age of Ultron or something?

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
So here's my Prediction for Avengers 4... I like the theory that time Travel and Scott Pym play a role in is, and they use that to it travel into past Marvel films trying to search for a point in time where they can stop Thanos. And in the end, they find that the only way to stop Thanos is basically to prevent the Avengers from ever being made in the first place, and that's by stopping the catalyst that started it all: Red Skull and the Tesseract (it's why they brought him back, a teaser) This has several effects on the Marvel Universe, mostly for the Originals.

-Since the War is over, the Super Solider Program is discontinued and Steve Rogers never becomes Captain America.
- Howard Stark can't make money off weapons since there's no War, so he invests in other Technology, Tony never becomes Iron Man.
- With the Tesserect destroyed, the Asgardian and Loki have no reason to ever come to Earth.
- With the Super Solider Program ended, Bruce Banner never becomes the Hulk.
This also has no effect on any other heroes, such as the Guardians, Spiderman, Dr. Strange, Black Panther.. so they continue on their own in a "No Avengers" world.
None of the old cast dies, they just live their lives as if they never became superheroes in the first place, giving a finality to their stories.

Verdanth

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
User Banned (3 Days): Sexism and derogatory pejoratives
Pretty dark ending, really liked it.

Curious to see how they will fix this. Time travel is kind of obvious here, but hope they come out with something different.

Besides I think the time infinity stone is a no go here, not only Thanos has it but the only good guy that knows how to control it is out of action.

Didn't like the post credit scene to be honest. It's like every major company today is going full cuck mode.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
So here's my Prediction for Avengers 4... I like the theory that time Travel and Scott Pym play a role in is, and they use that to it travel into past Marvel films trying to search for a point in time where they can stop Thanos. And in the end, they find that the only way to stop Thanos is basically to prevent the Avengers from ever being made in the first place, and that's by stopping the catalyst that started it all: Red Skull and the Tesseract (it's why they brought him back, a teaser) This has several effects on the Marvel Universe, mostly for the Originals.

-Since the War is over, the Super Solider Program is discontinued and Steve Rogers never becomes Captain America.
- Howard Stark can't make money off weapons since there's no War, so he invests in other Technology, Tony never becomes Iron Man.
- With the Tesserect destroyed, the Asgardian and Loki have no reason to ever come to Earth.
- With the Super Solider Program ended, Bruce Banner never becomes the Hulk.
This also has no effect on any other heroes, such as the Guardians, Spiderman, Dr. Strange, Black Panther.. so they continue on their own in a "No Avengers" world.
None of the old cast dies, they just live their lives as if they never became superheroes in the first place, giving a finality to their stories.

They're not going to flush one of their biggest brands (Avengers) down the toilet like that.