• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you seeing this again for the movie or extras?

• Movie

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • Extras

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

Redmond Barry

Nov 24, 2017
I wonder how MCU stans/Avatar haters would react if this rerelease (or whatever you want to call it) does wind up doing gangbusters, well above Disney's wildest expectations and enough to narrowly beat Avatar... but in a twist, it turns out that the Blu-ray extras are preceded by a trailer for a hotly anticipated Avatar rerelease...

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
idk a single person my age and lower, who still buys dvds so... if they market it as an event, people will go.
How do you market 5 minutes of Blu-ray extra features as an event? It's not an extended cut or anything.

Not to mention it's out next week. Toy Story 4 is the event film. It will be on all imax screens that weekend.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
In my humble opinion, Avatar doesn't deserve that crown.

If anything Avatar is the box office juggernaut that deserves to keep the crown.

It broke the US record. First movie to break the 700M barrier.
It broke the overseas record, first (and only) movie to gross over two billion just internationally.
It broke the Chinese record (and in a bunch of other countries for that matter) by over three times.
It outgrossed the former highest grossing movie (Titanic) by nearly a billion.

It absolutely decimated everything in its path. It did to the box office what Titanic had done 12 years earlier. Left everything it its dust.

Endgame at best will limp to the finish line, if it gets there at all. It ain't first in the US, overseas, or in China or in any major territory outside of Brazil.

Last edited:

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
R1fdEt3.gif

Hey, only a bit over a week to see who is right and who is dead.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
In my humble opinion, Avatar doesn't deserve that crown.

Who's to say what movies deserve to do as well as they do? For a number of reasons, Avatar caught fire like no other movie ever has, and possibly ever will. There's too many forces at play for us to deem whether it's worthy of that or not. I'm not crazy about the movie either, but I can't deny the facts for why its box office run is untouchable.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Who cares about missing out? I missed out on everything until 1956 because I wasn't alive. Arguably until 1967 when I became somewhat aware of popular culture. I missed out on nearly everything from 1985 to 2001 because I was raising kids. It's fine, missing out is okay. It means you have a life.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
People acting like most of those who care enough to see the extra footage aren't gonna watch a potato-cam YouTube/read a two-sentence Wiki of it like a day after release.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
People acting like most of those who care enough to see the extra footage aren't gonna watch a potato-cam YouTube/read a two-sentence Wiki of it like a day after release.
I sure hope people don't fall for this. This is just 'but it's got a new hat!' in Avengers form. I love Endgame and I've seen it three times, but they're not close to baiting me with this.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
It will be interesting to see if this push will be enough to have Endgame come out on top of Avatars 2.788B

While it's an exciting race for #1 the dollar value really is meaningless in comparisons without considering other metrics including inflation and wildly different exchange rates.

I'll likely go see it again for the additional footage.

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
I hope it fails; it'll be like how dlc are treated in video games , fuck that noise.

Nov 18, 2017
This is kinda desperate and the film doesn't deserve it, but then it is marginally better than Avatar.

If you're the type of person who wants to pay to see it multiple times and this excites you then good for you. Enjoy it. But I imagine for most people it's a hard pass.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I sure hope people don't fall for this. This is just 'but it's got a new hat!' in Avengers form. I love Endgame and I've seen it three times, but they're not close to baiting me with this.
You watched the exact same movie 3 times, but hope people don't fall for watching it again with "additional" content?

I guess..

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If anything Avatar is the box office juggernaut that deserves to keep the crown.

It broke the US record. First movie to break the 700M barrier.
It broke the overseas record, first (and only) movie to gross over two billion just internationally.
It broke the Chinese record (and in a bunch of other countries for that matter) by over three times.
It outgrossed the former highest grossing movie (Titanic) by nearly a billion.

It absolutely decimated everything in its path. It did to the box office what Titanic had done 12 years earlier. Left everything it its dust.

Endgame at best will limp to the finish line, if it gets there at all. It ain't first in the US, overseas, or in China or in any major territory outside of Brazil.

That's just me. I'm fine with people loving it(Avatar). It was just a retread of Pocahontas on a wierd world in 3d. Stale and Boring.
Take away 3d from Avatar, It would have never reached those numbers, IMHO.

Redmond Barry

Nov 24, 2017
This place is infatuated with Marvel Studios and yet even this news is met with bewilderment and an almost complete lack of enthusiasm. People actually think this is going to deal a decisive blow to Avatar?

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
I don't give two shits about Feige, and the pissing contest between Endgame and Avatar he is actively promoting. I recently spent my money watching Endgame, now you want to re release the movie, while it's still at the theaters, with a deleted scene and some extras meant for it's blu-ray release? For the sake of beating Avatar's world wide total? Very lame.

Of course I'm interested in seeing what the extra will be, but they're not getting my money again. This infatuation, obsession with Marvel Studios and Endgame, it boggles the mind.

I'll read the new stuff online, or watch a boot leg video of it, or wait for the blu-ray release thank you.

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Still waiting for someone to carefully explain to me how this is going to generate the 30M+ needed to best avatar.

less

Oct 25, 2017
What was the main selling point of Avatar? that it would sell you on 3d. Everybody would buy 3d TV's and glasses.
That was it's schtick.

Based on that big trailer for it? A story that promises to resonate with millions upon millions of people across the world, gorgeous visuals, and Lord Cameron's name.

If they get China too I don't see how this doesn't get to $30m

They are not getting China. At all.