• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you seeing this again for the movie or extras?

• Movie

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • Extras

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
oh hey what did I-

giphy.gif

edit: Patrick Klepek you definitely should join the avatar bet

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember when I saw Avatar in the theater I was completely blown away and loved it. And then a funny thing happened-I never really thought about it again

This is the harshest thing I've ever had to say about the movie; it came, it was a huge hit, and then it just...went away.

The only time I hear people talk about it these days is in relation to it being the box office king when some other movie is blowing up, usually followed by disbelief/disgust.

I love the movie, but it's effect on popular culture was muted as hell. Which is part of the reason I'm so keen on seeing how the sequel performs. Obviously my experience is anecdotal, and I wanna see how it compares to the rest of the world when Avatar 2 drops.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I've never said the movie doesn't have its detractors.

I said y'all exaggerate how much and pretend it's one sided like half of these threads don't devolve into "formulaic MCU/no heart/I can't even remember what happened" bullshit.

Which, don't do that. It's stupid. These arguments are no more solely the fault of MCU fans than the recent hostilities are solely the fault of Zatt. Plenty of people participate in the stone throwing.

Though thinking a thing is trash is totally fine tbh. It's an opinion. Long as the shit don't get personal (as it often does around here), who really cares, bruh?
Just poking fun at your previous claim that you had never seen anyone shitting on the thing, that's all.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Dang it now I want to join the avatar bet lol. This has been QUITE a thread.
EDIT: Dang it a double post sorry!

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just poking fun at your previous claim that you had never seen anyone shitting on the thing, that's all.

That isn't what I said.

I never get acting like Avatar is constantly shat on.

It gets a lot of "I didn't fuck with it" and "it's impact on pop culture was pretty muted", but you'd think people routinely acted like the movie was a joke of a film that shouldn't even exist the way some carry on in here.

You get a few people in that camp, but even the MCU gets its fair share of seemingly undue criticism, so I never get the comparison.

My issue was always pretending Avatar has more ire directed its way than any other blockbuster.

You get some people who hate it, but it's nowhere near as common an occurrence here as some of you would lead us to believe, and it's certainly no more or less common than other popular films, which makes people pretending the MCU isn't without its own critics (some sincere, some not so much) extremely frustrating.

Hell, you can't post about MCU Spidey around here without setting off half the forum's Raimi-senses and inviting a cascade of "SM2 IS THE PINNACLE OF COMIC BOOK MOVIES, HOMECOMING IS BLAND" into your notifications. Which, opinions/assholes, yeah yeah. It's fine. But don't pretend that's not a thing too.

The persecution complex for Avatar in these threads has been so weird to watch. It devolved to the point the other day that someone tried to liken it to some plucky little upstart that never stood a chance lol

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Has anyone seen this yet? I would have been in my screening right now but decided to watch Toy Story 4 instead lol

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
not sure where you are hearing this but it's not true.

it's about 14" x 18", or about 75% bigger than a comic book, just eyeballing it.

and despite people online saying AMC wouldn't get posters, I guess they did, since I got one.

Did you get it before or after the movie? Wondering where I'll stick it during the movie if before..

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
not sure where you are hearing this but it's not true.

it's about 14" x 18", or about 75% bigger than a comic book, just eyeballing it.

and despite people online saying AMC wouldn't get posters, I guess they did, since I got one.
Not hearing it anywhere, based on experience with these types of posters that's all.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Who knew that the next civil war would be fought between fans and their beloved corporations.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone seen this yet? I would have been in my screening right now but decided to watch Toy Story 4 instead lol
Yeah just saw it. The Stan Lee tribute is great. The deleted scene is definitely unfinished and definitely cut for a reason since it's short and doesn't really add anything. Looks like Hulk was mostly their real-time render of the mocap performance, if you've ever seen how they do that. And last of all, the Spider-Man tease is not really anything substantial. It's basically a couple clips we've already seen in the trailers with a part in the middle that was missing, like an extended clip.

Movie is still great and worth seeing another time in the theaters before it's gone for good, but if you only are hoping for something substantial and only want to watch this again for the extras, this probably isn't for you.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah just saw it. The Stan Lee tribute is great. The deleted scene is definitely unfinished and definitely cut for a reason since it's short and doesn't really add anything. Looks like Hulk was mostly their real-time render of the mocap performance, if you've ever seen how they do that. And last of all, the Spider-Man tease is not really anything substantial. It's basically a couple clips we've already seen in the trailers with a part in the middle that was missing, like an extended clip.

Movie is still great and worth seeing another time in the theaters before it's gone for good, but if you only are hoping for something substantial and only want to watch this again for the extras, this probably isn't for you.
Sounds great, thanks! I was planning on seeing it one more time before the re-release was announced so this was just the perfect excuse. Ill be in there tomorrow.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017

Good this will do, Ill enjoy the rewatch.