• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you seeing this again for the movie or extras?

• Movie

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • Extras

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Spider-Man comes out next weekend .... why is this getting a new release?

1) double feature, see endgame with extended content which perfectly leads into the new spiderman film

2) get those lttp people when the swell for spiderman gets attention on the mcu to go see endgame finally

3) to get the die hard fans to sell out theaters for a weekend to see 5 minutes of new content

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
p8fOqmD

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely unlikely to happen, but I... don't understand, really. Aren't you a MCU fan? Or this is just another "gotcha" from me simply speculating at a China re-release? We don't know what is the extent of this, and while we don't know that, the fact that we already have confirmation of at least a new location should be exciting to you, if you follow box office. Or you just don't want Endgame to pass it (there wouldn't be nothing wrong about that, btw)? Legit curious if this is about Endgame or me posting things, because I really can't tell if this is banter or something else.
I expected some juicy ass shit that got Zatt banned but it was this? This is the most bland ass comment to get banned over.

Pyke Presco

Dec 3, 2017
That was part of its original run. The special edition was released in Late August. It ran that long simply because people kept watching the thing.

Wow, just looked it up. They rereleased with 9 minutes of extra footage on August 27th and ran another 12 weeks in theaters. After only closing out the initial theater run 2 weeks earlier.

Avatar went from December 18 2009 to August 12 2010, then rereleased with 9 minutes extra content 27 August 2010 for 12 more weeks. And the movie had already come out on home media in April 2010, but people "had to" still do the theater because of the 3D that wasn't available at home yet. Just crazy.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
It's definitely unlikely to happen, but I... don't understand, really. Aren't you a MCU fan? Or this is just another "gotcha" from me simply speculating at a China re-release? We don't know what is the extent of this, and while we don't know that, the fact that we already have confirmation of at least a new location should be exciting to you, if you follow box office. Or you just don't want Endgame to pass it (there wouldn't be nothing wrong about that, btw)? Legit curious if this is about Endgame or me posting things, because I really can't tell if this is banter or something else.
Wth, Zatt was banned for this? Does not seem fair at all.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, just looked it up. They rereleased with 9 minutes of extra footage on August 27th and ran another 12 weeks in theaters. After only closing out the initial theater run 2 weeks earlier.

Avatar went from December 18 2009 to August 12 2010, then rereleased with 9 minutes extra content 27 August 2010 for 12 more weeks. And the movie had already come out on home media in April 2010, but people "had to" still do the theater because of the 3D that wasn't available at home yet. Just crazy.
Yeah AVATAR was wild in theaters. It's legs were out of this world.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I still would argue Titanic has the most impressive box office run ever, but yeah Avatar was crazy.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
🤔 This is what he got banned over?

Something ain't adding up. That seems rather tame. I was expecting worse. And he apologized

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Then just say, "honestly, we're just tired of his annoying ass". That ban message + that post don't go together.
He has been gatekeeping constantly, which was in the ban message. In post after post after post. If it was a one time thing I'd agree. But it was dozens if not hundreds of posts of gatekeeping.

🤔 This is what he got banned over?

Something ain't adding up. That seems rather tame. I was expecting worse. And he apologized
Gotta remember he was permabanned before he got let back in.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Then just say, "honestly, we're just tired of his annoying ass". That ban message + that post don't go together.
This is ridiculous.. the ban says everything it needs to. He's got a long history of derailing and shitting up threads, gaslighting, blaming other posters for his own hostility, arguing in bad faith, etc. Gatekeeping is only one of the many things he's done for a long time.

Last edited:

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Considering how much Zatt gets dogpiled on simply for making claims like a rerelease, of which he basically has been redeemed for with this thread, and yet people derail threads and get hostile at him for making hyperbolic claims and do plenty gatekeeping of their own (such as mocking him for posting insiders estimates from Box Office Theory as if others haven't been doing that for years), I'm at the very least surprised that this is what Zatt gets banned for.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For those that don't know what it means

Gatekeeping
A word used to describe when someone sets a standard/limit on what someone must do to call themselves a 'true fan' of something/someone.
Joe: So what TV shows do you like?
Erin: Well, I'm a huge fan of Doctor Who. I also...
Joe: Doctor Who? I LOVE that show. When did you start watching.
Erin: Back in 2005 when the show was restarted.
Joe: Ah, you see, I was watching the classic series long before then. You can't really call yourself a true fan.

Erin: But I have a ton of the merchandise, and I've met David Tennant...
Joe: Oh, you're a fan definitely but not a proper fan. We've been there since long before the BBC revived the show.
Ted: Dude, stop gatekeeping the show. A fan is a fan. You don't need to set a standard.
by WatcherMark October 27, 2018

Basically what happened. Those are two good examples ^

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, Zatt is no longer with us (thank god), so no point talking about him anymore. How about them bonus Endgame featurettes?

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
For those that don't know what it means

Basically what happened. Those are two good examples ^
I would agree with that if he was gatekeeping, but after he got told off he apologized and didn't even try to press the issue. Just seems kinda weird with all the things he's said up until now he gets into an argument with a former mod and then gets banned

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Zatt shouldn't have been banned for what was described in that post.

He should have been banned for gaslighting, playing the victim card constantly, claiming insider connections/knowledge with no proof, and doing everything he can to get people to notice him.

Remember when he made thread after thread cussing out Disney and making his boycott of their films known in thread after thread that he made about himself that were then locked? Then when he was called out for seeing Captain Marvel before Gunn was reinstated, he claimed to have known it was going to happen beforehand.

Dude is hypocritical to the nth degree. He should have been banned for all that shit happening on loop non stop. But not for what he was apparently banned for this time.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
How about them bonus Endgame featurettes?

I need some kind of idea what the end credits things are before I pony up the money. If it just some half-done CGI deleted scenes out of place, that's not really interesting. About the only thing that would make me really, really want to see it is if there's Dr. Doom at the end of the movie.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Guys gatekeeping is only one of the things listed in the ban. Hostility, thread derail are also in the description. Cherry picking one word out of it and hand wringing is a bad look.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Anywaaaaay, so looking forward to watching Toy Story 4 tomorrow night. You know, that movie that is actually in cinemas here in Australia.

OP
OP
ManaByte

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I need some kind of idea what the end credits things are before I pony up the money. If it just some half-done CGI deleted scenes out of place, that's not really interesting. About the only thing that would make me really, really want to see it is if there's Dr. Doom at the end of the movie.

No Doctor Doom, it's one deleted scene and the Stan Lee tribute from the Blu-Ray.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of people bullied Zatt on the box office threads, that's why i left them. It was sad when every other post was some camouflaged jab at him.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just booked TS4

crJ3Cps.png

Watching TS3 tonight at home.

See that FFH time? That was the only time available with a good seat for me and my brother. Bananas.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Guys gatekeeping is only one of the things listed in the ban. Hostility, thread derail are also in the description. Cherry picking one word out of it and hand wringing is a bad look.
I'm not gonna press the issue but nobody got banned for dunking on Zatt or being extremely hostile to other users the past few weeks. That shit was a lawless wasteland. Still is, with plenty of elitist bullshit jabs being flung around. But Zatt doesn't even get one day? It does seem a bit targeted

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this is the definitive edition?
It's the same cut as before. Marvel doesn't do extended cuts/directors cuts.

I'm not gonna press the issue but nobody got banned for dunking on Zatt or being extremely hostile to other users the past few weeks. That shit was a lawless wasteland. Still is, with plenty of elitist bullshit jabs being flung around. But Zatt doesn't even get one day? It does seem a bit targeted
Zatt has been banned. Many. Many. Many. Many. Times. For this. Having a history means you get a shorter leash.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Report them. I didn't see anything to justify a ban. And for the record, no, Zatt was not bullied (at thread)

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm gonna be honest here, as I don't think I've ever openly disagreed with a ban. That seems really harsh and targeted.

Zatt can be overly passionate and argumentative. But he also gets bullied quite a bit. There are long-running posters who get away with literal shit-posting on a regular basis in very specific threads without issue so it kind of sucks to see Zatt get banned for his comments in this thread of all things.

I won't go on about this further than that but this one kind of bothered me.