• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you seeing this again for the movie or extras?

• Movie

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • Extras

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
Mod post - get back on topic and cut out the derail

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
If you take issue with any ban, you are more than free to contact the mod captains--myself, Mist, Finale Fireworker, and Hecht--in PMs and we will be more than happy to answer any questions or address any concerns. In addition we clarified to modpost to indicate that this behavior was over multiple posts in multiple threads. It is, however, not ok to derail a thread because you don't like a ban.

Redmond Barry

Nov 24, 2017
I'm not gonna press the issue but nobody got banned for dunking on Zatt or being extremely hostile to other users the past few weeks. That shit was a lawless wasteland. Still is, with plenty of elitist bullshit jabs being flung around. But Zatt doesn't even get one day? It does seem a bit targeted

I'm pretty certain that Zatt has made literally hundreds of his patented delusional/aggravating (if funny) posts in the Avatar bet thread. On top of that we have this thread where he became totally drunk with "power" (lol), so it was a longtime coming.

"Redeemed" indeed.

EDIT: DIdn't see the mod post, sorry.

Anyway, I should hope that the special effects are actually done/not half-assed for the deleted scene if they really are trying to bank on people other than super fans attending.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Different cut makes it a different movie. Avatar wins.
Avatar had two cuts. This is the same movie with deleted scenes at the end.

I suggest you guys read. It's the same identical movie with bonus features and stuff added onto it. It's basically a home release version out in the theaters for a weekend

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Was a little interested until that bit about the extra bits being tacked on at the end. Now I'm not sure if I want to see it.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Avatar had two cuts. This is the same movie with deleted scenes at the end.

I suggest you guys read. It's the same identical movie with bonus features and stuff added onto it. It's basically a home release version out in the theaters for a weekend
I get the impression there is a shockingly large amount of people here who don't realize this isn't an extended cut.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User warned: trolling
It's definitely unlikely to happen, but I... don't understand, really. Aren't you a MCU fan? Or this is just another "gotcha" from me simply speculating at a China re-release? We don't know what is the extent of this, and while we don't know that, the fact that we already have confirmation of at least a new location should be exciting to you, if you follow box office. Or you just don't want Endgame to pass it (there wouldn't be nothing wrong about that, btw)? Legit curious if this is about Endgame or me posting things, because I really can't tell if this is banter or something else.

M62NDE6.jpg

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Hold up. Avatar has not been overtaken by Avengers?

How is that even possible.

Anyhow, if even avengers can't beat Avatar, then I think Avatar 2 can't either.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Did not know it left theaters but I'm hype, wanted to see it again and this is my chance with the added bonus of a lil bit of new stuff.

Interested if there's an actual end credits scene. Would be the perfect time to hint at the future since Kevin said we'd know more in the summer. Tbh, I would go watch it on the big screen if they showed the event they had a few years ago to announce all the phase 3 films.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
What the shit.

I guess I'll be waiting until the bluray comes out or it hits digital services.

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
It deserves it. Endgame is worthy of being the biggest movie of all time.
How exactly? Avatar is a shitty movie with mediocre story and bullshit world build, Endgame is a mediocre story where we have to seat through 2 hours of talking and then bunch of weirdos doing their bullshit childish super hero things (like any other super hero movie).!
None deserve this spot, there are so many good other movies out there with great stories and great visuals that deserve this spot more than those 2.

Anas

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Man... Endgame is just ... not rewatchable at all.

Especially if you know what's going to happen in the first two hours

The 3rd act is the only rewatchable thing. I can see people entering the movie two hours later.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
How exactly? Avatar is a shitty movie with mediocre story and bullshit world build, Endgame is a mediocre story where we have to seat through 2 hours of talking and then bunch of weirdos doing their bullshit childish super hero things (like any other super hero movie).!
None deserve this spot, there are so many good other movies out there with great stories and great visuals that deserve this spot more than those 2.

In my opinion, Endgame is a good action movie with a strong emotional core that perfectly bookends an unprecedented cinematic experiment. Adapting the source material in an interesting yet faithful way and sticking the landing after a decade of anticipation and build-up are the two most important of its many achievements.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland

The 3rd act is the only rewatchable thing. I can see people entering the movie two hours later.

I think some people on here said they have already seen it a few times. At this stage, though, you have to wonder how many would just decide to wait until August when they can pick up the Blu-Ray.

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean you can't get 2.7 billion if your movie is not rewatchable and it's a 3 hours movie so that's more impressive.

Anas

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I rewatched it once
I can't see myself doing it again

The only thing that will make rewatch it is the extended battle scene

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol at Endgame not being rewatchable.

It's the best paced 3 hour film I've ever seen.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017

You must love to hate watch blockbusters.

Do you also hate Independence Day? Titanic?

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I've seen Endgame 3 times in theatres and if i'm being honest, as soon as I get the Blu-ray I am going to fast forward to the final act so I can relive that final battle over and over again. One of the single best moments i've ever experienced in a theatre. The first hour not so much but i'll certainly go back to the 2nd act and rewatch all of the time hopping stuff since it's like a greatest hits of my favorite MCU moments.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Eh, I've only seen it the one time in theaters. I may go see it again for this. But at the same time, I really don't want to be encouraging movie studios to be doing this sort of thing so I Have to go see a movie twice to get the full, complete story.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I thought the final battle battle, outside of Cap fighting Thanos, was the weakest part. Usually the Russo's are really good at action but that was just cram as many characters as possible into the fight and do one cool moment after the other with little coherence in what was actually happening. So messy. The fight on Titan was handled much better.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile

I enjoyed it more the second time I watched it. First time is expectations vs reality, second time is go along for the ride, third? I don't know

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
You must love to hate watch blockbusters.

Do you also hate Independence Day? Titanic?
Please read the post i was replying to first.
I don't hate them, when did i say i hate them? I watched Endgame 3 times already (although only for the last hour). I went to theater for half of marvel movies day 1.
But i'm against saying that "Endgame deserves to be number 1 as the greatest of all time". It really doesn't. None of those first 5 movies at box office deserve their spot, they're just medicore movies and unfortunately world loves these kind of movies.
He has a Star Wars avatar. I wouldn't take it seriously.
Really? I don't understand what you saying, having a SW avatar makes me a stupid person whose comments shouldn't be taken seriously or you mean i'm saying these things because i'm a SW fan?
If it's the second one then i'd have to say Star Wars is a medicore product too and doesn't "deserve" the greatest spot!

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Please read the post i was replying to first.
I don't hate them, when did i say i hate them? I watched Endgame 3 times already (although only for the last hour). I went to theater for half of marvel movies day 1.
But i'm against saying that "Endgame deserves to be number 1 as the greatest of all time". It really doesn't. None of those first 5 movies at box office deserve their spot, they're just medicore movies and unfortunately world loves these kind of movies.

I didn't say you hate them. I said you love to hate watch them. They are your guilty pleasures that you want to disrespect any chance you get but you can't help watching them all the same.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Really? I don't understand what you saying, having a SW avatar makes me a stupid person whose comments shouldn't be taken seriously or you mean i'm saying these things because i'm a SW fan?
If it's the second one then i'd have to say Star Wars is a medicore product too and doesn't "deserve" the greatest spot!
Neither, actually. I love Star Wars too. It's simply that your description of '2 hours of talking and then bunch of weirdos doing their bullshit childish super hero things' is a bit odd as a negative descriptor when you like Star Wars. It could, in theory, also be a description of of a masterpiece (no, I don't think Endgame is a masterpiece). It's just an odd way to be negative about a movie, to me.

But, fair enough, I don't think any movie 'deserves' the 'greatest spot'. And sure, there's many movies that would deserve a way larger audience and a lot more money than they've gotten.

I wouldn't call Star Wars (mainly Empire) mediocre by the way, but I guess that's your prerogative.