• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you seeing this again for the movie or extras?

• Movie

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • Extras

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Because clearly, you can't keep him out of your head even when he's no where to be found.
Still taking digs at him is just sad.

No one would have to take digs at him if he hadn't acted the way he did the past 3-4 months. But when you are so vocal in your beliefs/delusions, you are going to get called out on it when it blows up in your face.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one would have to take digs at him if he hadn't acted the way he did the past 3-4 months. But when you are so vocal in your beliefs/delusions, you are going to get called out on it when it blows up in your face.

You don't have to do anything, much less pick on someone. Y'all don't even do it in a joking manner; it's pure vitriol, from so many of y'all.

Hostility ain't supposed to be cool here. So let it fucking end and discuss things in a civil manner, with the people that are actually here to talk to you.

I'm sick of y'all dragging dude back into the crossfire and then complaining that the thread has gone to shit.

Let it end.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Why is there so much hostility at all here and the box-office thread. Not sure why people are taking shots at eachother, since when did the box-office become serious business.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Why is there so much hostility at all here and the box-office thread. Not sure why people are taking shots at eachother, since when did the box-office become serious business.
Because soft jokes and light ribbing become hard jokes, teasing and ridicule, which in turn poisons people and conversations as people take things personally or try to "dunk" on people (or as they are dunked on).

That effect is multiplicative when you add in fanboyism and "stan" culture to the mix like the kind you see with franchises and characters from Marvel, Star Wars, and so on.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My theater (Regal) doesn't have the posters.. dang it. Wonder if there is a way to check which do?

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just remember this moment when Zatt comes back and he's being blamed for all the off-topic shit-posting and anyone who dares say otherwise is banned/modded. Again.

In any case, I'm not sure what time me and the miss are going tomorrow, but we'll be in one of the afternoon showings, I wager. The plan is to do the rewatch and then see Toy Story 4 in IMAX. We're two of only like 8 people to have bought tickets to the latter, strangely. It's tracking for strong legs, isn't it?

I cannot take my eyes away from this or the box office thread. It's like a reality show.

I always forget you post here.

I'm a big fan of your work, keep it up.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT

It really has become incredibly toxic, I stopped posting in these threads weeks ago as I started noticing the turn. The Box Office thread community use to be one of the funniest and most entertaining around, both on here and the old place. It's a shame what happened to it, and it's only getting worse.

Anyway, bought my tickets for my 3rd viewing on Sunday. Excited to see that and then Spiderman on the 4th.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Wil probably watch it for the third time tomorrow. Not because of the added scenes, but because I wanted to watch it one last time and theaters started pulling it out.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Found a theater with posters! Hopefully they last till tomorrow.

Looked at tonight and 76/146 seats at sold for the 6:50PM showing, which doesn't seem bad at all. Only 16/146 are sold for the 2:50PM show.. which seems low.. but 2:50 PM. 14 tickets sold for the 9:25 showing which surprised me since it will go past midnight.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. (I hope Endgame takes down Avatar; I'm petty, stan the MCU, and firmly believe Avatar is trash.)
giphy.gif

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I called around and you're on the money. Thank you.

Anyone know how big the poster actually is? I can't find a good reference photo.
No problem. They usually have nice fan events in the one around me to watch the movie an hour or two earlier than the usual premiere and have a collectible with it. They also have a nice imax around me so I always check em out for the specials

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. (I hope Endgame takes down Avatar; I'm petty, stan the MCU, and firmly believe Avatar is trash.)

Lmao this might surprise people here, but, I'm one of the folks who really loves Avatar. I recognize the story is exceedingly simple and trope-heavy, but there's something unquantifiable about it (something besides it being a visual masterpiece) that really moved me when it released initially. It was the first movie I saw in theaters 4 times, and I watched it like once a week when it dropped on DVD.

I haven't seen it since about 2012, and I've been ignoring a recent desire to revisit it in the hopes that we get a 4K version of it sometime soon. If nothing else, I'm sure I'll still find it pretty to look at.

All that said, yeah, I'd like to see Endgame take the crown. I've heard you say it a few times, and I agree; the MCU is basically the Star Wars of this generation. To say the franchise means a ton to me would be a dramatic understatement, so it'd be a cool accomplishment to witness.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
1457975259-armwrestle.gif

I remember when I saw Avatar in the theater I was completely blown away and loved it. And then a funny thing happened-I never really thought about it again. I ended up buying it on Blu-Ray and tried watching it again and I was bored out of my mind and had to shut it off.

Any other Cameron movie I could watch on a loop-Aliens, T2, True Lies, The Abyss, etc. But Avatar....I can't explain it. I just....don't like it.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yasuke What was that you were saying about people not needlessly shitting on Avatar? :P

I've never said the movie doesn't have its detractors.

I said y'all exaggerate how much and pretend it's one sided like half of these threads don't devolve into "formulaic MCU/no heart/I can't even remember what happened" bullshit.

Which, don't do that. It's stupid. These arguments are no more solely the fault of MCU fans than the recent hostilities are solely the fault of Zatt. Plenty of people participate in the stone throwing.

Though thinking a thing is trash is totally fine tbh. It's an opinion. Long as the shit don't get personal (as it often does around here), who really cares, bruh?