• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Thanos looks amazing in that armor. Looking forward to watching him beatdown some heroes again.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I think we'll only get some sort of tease to X-Men and F4 in comic-con or Far From Home considering both will be in the same month.

Last edited:

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Prediction: There will be a fakeout with Nebula where she gets the gauntlet and snaps her fingers, another white flash BUT this time we see Nebula is now a blue Karen Gillian, she simply wished her original body back.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
To be fair, all the Avengers murdered a shit ton of people aside from Spidey but even he murdered Squidward.
Agreed.

I mean no one will deny that Bucky killed a lot of people over the years as Winter Soldier, but its not like the other Avengers didn't kill. Even Cap. He gets called out by Fury in Winter Soldier when Cap disagrees with the whole Project Insight thing.

What was the line? "The greatest generation? You guys did some nasty stuff during the war" Sure Fury would just deflect Cap's opinion to underline that his generation in general weren't squeeky clean, but I always thought he implied that Cap himself had dirty hands as well.

Don't get me wrong, if either Bucky or Sam becomes Cap, that would be awesome. But if I remember correctly, Sebastian Stan signed like a ten plus movie deal with Marvel? And he appeared in the three Cap movies and Infinity War. Would be a nice redemption arc for him.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
That Thanos armour is great. He was very relaxed, almost arrogant in his abilities in IW and the puny Avengers almost stopped him. So despite him apparently being done with his grand plan, good to see him not taking any chances. Makes me more hyped for their clashes and I guess it means no cap/IM stuff with him pulling punches - it'll be straight Thor/hulk (buffed please?)/CM

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
I love these kinds of trailers. They say nothing about the story but carry so much meaning.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
First look at Thanos from Endgame in the latest Empire:

jp7d7abe3dm21.jpg

empire-may-2019-subs-endgame-cover.jpg
Same as the leak

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Wonder how many movie arguments have gone on here because someone saw a scene through Drax's eyes.
I would bet most entertainment criticisms are based on misunderstandings. I see a tonne of arguments that are clearly based on the person either not understanding what's going on/happened or they simply aren't able to put themselves into the characters shoes.

Best example is horror scenes, you get "why did they not run or fight back, I would have". No you would have froze, shit your pants and then been killed if that happened in real life.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
Thanos is ready to defend his farm! So, do we believe they're still sticking to the first 30ish minutes or we've gone into the first hour or so?

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One year ago today:
VZjgTPc_d.jpg

Come on Marvel, open those gates for Endgame now.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Thanos is ready to defend his farm! So, do we believe they're still sticking to the first 30ish minutes or we've gone into the first hour or so?
I have no idea what to believe anymore after the whole "Avengers 4 title was not spoken in Infinity War (endgame)," but I guess I'm taking them at their word, that they've mostly only shown stuff from the first 20 minutes of the movie.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I must be among the tiny group of folks who preferred Thanos in his normal attire. The armor kinda looked goofy to me and makes me think of Steppenwolf from Justice League.

A guy who can mess you up without armor is much more threatening than one who is decked out head to toe.

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
I have no idea what to believe anymore after the whole "Avengers 4 title was not spoken in Infinity War (endgame)," but I guess I'm taking them at their word, that they've mostly only shown stuff from the first 20 minutes of the movie.
Avengers Endgame was never spoken. He asked about he title, not the subtitle 😉

Sully

Oct 25, 2017
I hadn't thought about it much but thanos is definitely much more vulnerable now that the stones are used up right? Obviously he's still super powerful but it should make for some interesting fights

Oct 28, 2017
I hadn't thought about it much but thanos is definitely much more vulnerable now that the stones are used up right? Obviously he's still super powerful but it should make for some interesting fights

It took Iron Man, Spidey, Peter Quill, Dr Strange and Mantis all they had just to immobilize him long enough to try and pull the gauntlet off. And they struggled to even do that.he only had a couple stones if I remember right.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure Thanos can still use the stones. He used the space stone after the gauntlet was fried from the snap.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think the movie will sit in the tone established at the end of Infinity War, with only few jokes here and there, or is it going to be business as usual with a light tone and quips every two seconds?

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
In terms of raw power, is Thanos or Hulk more powerful?

Thanos's base power is stronger but Hulk has potential to become stronger, if he keeps getting more angry, providing MCU Hulk's power level works like it does in the comics.

With the arc set up for Hulk in Infinity War, there has to be some pay off to Hulk not wanting to come out, so I'm guessing he will get some redemption by the end of Endgame.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
The way I see it, Thanos has done his thing, his main party trick, and he himself is no longer much of a threat. He's got what he wanted and can now retire to his farm.

I don't know how it works out in the comics and I have no knowledge of Marvel Studios' plan, but I think the form of this film should be a heist.

The Avengers don't much care about vengeance, how can you avenge the destruction of half the living creatures in the universe? What they care about is all the people they've lost. They want to find a way to reverse or undo the snap. For that they need to carry out a plan under Thanos's nose, stealing some or all of the stones perhaps, and reversing or replaying the tape of history.

This will succeed, but will also come at a terrible cost (because plot arcs).

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
giphy.gif

The grenande = the whole world

This was the scene that made me love Steve Rogers. Never in a million years would I have thought Captain America would have one of the best superhero trilogies, but also become one of my favorite superheroes in film. I remember when Chris Evans was cast as Cap, I was like, "Him?" But one of the things he does so well is play him with a genuine earnestness that's really endearing and doesn't come off as condescending and arrogant. Really under appreciated performance. Cap could have easily come off as a pious, self-righteous dick, but he doesn't.

I'm going to hate to see him go. I'm convinced he's going to die, but fingers crossed he gets to walk off into the sunset. But hopefully not before yelling "Avengers Assemble!" with the entire MCU hero roster standing behind him. That shit is going to tear the house down in the theater(I can't imagine the Russo's not giving the fans that moment).

Oct 26, 2017
Hair scientists, how long would it normally take a human to grow this much hair?

7uuDAXw.png

2 days? 5? A week?!

Haven't basically all the movies so far been in real-time? So it will be about a year after IW? Makes sense - it would take a long time to actually organize new governments and start the cleaning. They're not going to have running counters of how many people were lost the next day. Someone needs to have tracked Fury's car to where it stopped, found the pager and delivered it to Cap, etc. Hawkeye needs time to get a haircut and start a new career as vigilante.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
This was the scene that made me love Steve Rogers. Never in a million years would I have thought Captain America would have one of the best superhero trilogies, but also become one of my favorite superheroes in film. I remember when Chris Evans was cast as Cap, I was like, "Him?" But one of the things he does so well is play him with a genuine earnestness that's really endearing and doesn't come off as condescending and arrogant. Really under appreciated performance. Cap could have easily come off as a pious, self-righteous dick, but he doesn't.

I'm going to hate to see him go. I'm convinced he's going to die, but fingers crossed he gets to walk off into the sunset. But hopefully not before yelling "Avengers Assemble!" with the entire MCU hero roster standing behind him. That shit is going to tear the house down in the theater(I can't imagine the Russo's not giving the fans that moment).

I didn't know Chris Evans as an actor before I saw Avengers, but his was the stand out performance in a film that included the great Robert Downey. I tried watching Iron Man but it didn't work for me (the first part looked like an unironic live action remake of Team America so I just gave up bothering.) The first Captain America, though, is a very finely directed period piece that brings out Evans' earnest charm.

I don't know the Steve Rogers of the comics or any earlier films. Chris Evans brought his Steve Rogers to life in a way that stamped his personality indelibly into the DNA of the Marvel film franchise. I'm fully prepared for his possible departure. I hope Steve sticks around in the MCU though, in retirement. It would cost next to nothing to give us an occasional cameo.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I loved IW but it definitely had a lot more than a few jokes here and there ha
Did we watch the same movie?
No I mean Endgame would have restrained jokes. Infinity War had the same dose of humour as the other films, that is, until the snap. After the snap, the movie becomes deadly serious. What I am asking is, will Endgame restrain its dosage of humour to more closely follow the tone set at the end of Infinity War?