• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
So here's a question:

Will "Avengers" continue to be used as the title of the team-up movies even after FF4 and others are introduced into the universe? I assume that Marvel will want to continue to make big team-ups, but there may not really be an "Avengers" team that is as iconic as the current 4-movie roster. With Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and others potentially gone after this movie (or at least the end of the next phase), do you think the Avengers brand will turn into their big event movie name?

Avengers is an established brand in the comics and it's now arguably even bigger than X-Men in films. I suspect it'll still be used as a marquee name for further evolutions of the team on film.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
After Credits guess so I can quote it later if right and y'all forget about it if not:

The After Credits will be Panther, Shuri and crew going through the jungle, Shuri with a scanner thingie saying "it must be around here somewhere" followed by T'Challa reaching through an invisible wall, followed by his face, washed in red, looking at the sky and going "Goddess". Hard Cut. The Avengers will return. Calling this shit right now.

After this threat is known, Phase 4 will be revealed, headlined by the Fantastic Four. X-Men will enter the MCU via one of the Incursion worlds.

F4 and xmen movies are 2022 at a minimum.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
F4 and xmen movies are 2022 at a minimum.

Yup. Quite right too. Disney deal completes, then 3 years prepping and getting their debuts right sounds bang on

They are smart enough at this point to know to take their time now, as if they get it right that's another 10 years worth of billion dollar movies

Rushing to get them out the door = nope

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Black Widow and Hawkeye holding hands and staring longingly at each other..

Is this going to be like her third romantic subplot in the Avengers movies?

Hoping they're just holding hands as friends or whatever but I kind of got the impression they're a thing.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
So here's a question:

Will "Avengers" continue to be used as the title of the team-up movies even after FF4 and others are introduced into the universe? I assume that Marvel will want to continue to make big team-ups, but there may not really be an "Avengers" team that is as iconic as the current 4-movie roster. With Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, and others potentially gone after this movie (or at least the end of the next phase), do you think the Avengers brand will turn into their big event movie name?

Probably keep the name and just go with different team members. It's easy for them to market, as it's such a big brand with movie goers now and people know what they are getting into.

Solo character films have no problem including other characters though, Captain America 3 was basically an Avengers movie for example, so plenty of opportunities for smaller team ups.

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017

Hoping they're just holding hands as friends or whatever but I kind of got the impression they're a thing.
third? She's got a thing with Banner in Ultron (and is referenced in Ragnarok and IW)....were there others?

Also, her interaction with Barton in the trailer doesn't seem romantic at all. More caring and friendship.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

I don't think it's romantic, just that after everything they have been through her guard is down with one of her oldest and dearest friends.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
After Credits guess so I can quote it later if right and y'all forget about it if not:

The After Credits will be Panther, Shuri and crew going through the jungle, Shuri with a scanner thingie saying "it must be around here somewhere" followed by T'Challa reaching through an invisible wall, followed by his face, washed in red, looking at the sky and going "Goddess". Hard Cut. The Avengers will return. Calling this shit right now.

After this threat is known, Phase 4 will be revealed, headlined by the Fantastic Four. X-Men will enter the MCU via one of the Incursion worlds.
As someone that is reading through Hickman's avengers...fucking hell that would be something.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
How long did it take from Homecoming announcement to release? Seemed like they fast tracked that film. Perhaps we get Xmen or F4 just as quickly.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
third? She's got a thing with Banner in Ultron (and is referenced in Ragnarok and IW)....were there others?

Also, her interaction with Barton in the trailer doesn't seem romantic at all. More caring and friendship.
People think she and Cap were a thing in WS despite that obviously not being the case.
Some people seem to struggle with male and female characters having close relationships that's not romantic.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA

Theyre relieved to see each other. He has the "my whole family is dead" look in his eyes. Holding hands does not always have to be a romantic gesture.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
So here's a question:

My personal hope is that they retire it for a few years.

There are a ton of Avengers teams in the comics that they could touch on, and I hope there still exists an Avengers team in the MCU, but I think they could have so much more potential going forward if they don't center the MCU around the Avengers so much.

For one, I think the Fantastic Four really have more potential as a driving force of Marvel stories like they did for decades in the comics. Granted, they aren't always going to be the center of every story, but by their nature of being explorers at the forefront of all the discoveries of the Marvel universe, they are in a position to have the potential "Phase 4" era of the MCU be driven by the Fantastic Four opening all the doors.

Another reason is that there are events in the comics that don't have to necessarily revolve around the Avengers like Civil War was one, Annihilation is another, Secret Wars wouldn't necessarily be revolving around the Avengers, etc., so having their main "event" movies center around one ensemble team franchise that they keep adding characters to they need to juggle just becomes too hard to manage as well as limits the stories they can tell.

It will be hard to swap out the original roster for a new team, regardless of how well-received the new characters in the MCU has been. That's not to say that I don't think they can do that can keep the momentum more or less going, I just think going a more unexpected and unconventional direction would be more exciting that would allow the MCU to expand and increase interest rather than fighting the uphill battle of trying to top and recreate their greatest hits for the first 3 phases. They could have the original Defenders line up (probably with a different name) or maybe the Revengers make a come back. The Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts could be another direction a team could go that maybe gets it's own movie. The Ultimates is a team I'd personally like to see in the MCU just from being a bad ass lineup of powerhouse (and diverse) characters with a more cosmic focused Avengers-like team. Maybe a full-on Secret Avengers or Young Avengers that don't have to be treated like an event movie, there are so many places they can go.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people think the Gauntlet doesn't work at all anymore? Didn't Thanos use the space stone or whatever the fuck it's called to warp out of there after the snap? I mean, he obviously can't do another snap, but he still has the power of the stones, no?

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How long did it take from Homecoming announcement to release? Seemed like they fast tracked that film. Perhaps we get Xmen or F4 just as quickly.

I'm always impressed by how fast they make these movies. I mean, Infinity War started filming on january of 2017. And Spider-Man was added into Civil War pretty far into development from what I read somewhere...

I wouldn't be impressed if they already have a plan for how to integrate the XMen and F4 into the MCU.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Excited for the film of course but that trailer had a LOT of old footage from other movies which just felt like an opportunity to talk over. Just felt like it could have been a fair bit shorter and covered much of the same. I can get not wanting to show too much in advance though.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
So here's a question:

I think with the money they've made using the Avengers name, yeah it'll stick around.

Avengers should just be the big team up movie that caps off each phase. Even if they're not using phases anymore, Avengers films always have these major events take place with implications on all the solo films that follow. It works super well and I don't see any reason why they'd drop it. An Avengers with Black Panther, Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man and Captain Marvel would still do gangbusters.

but it's ok because no one is dying in endgame and ironman, cap, thor and hulk will all be sticking around when the actors are well into their 70s thanks to de-aging technology

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
So Widow has 4 hair styles in the trailer... Short blonde, long blonde, long red, and short red. And it seems like the scene that takes place furthest into the film is where they're walking with the suits on based on those hair styles. Which also happens to be where Thor, Hulk, and CM are missing. Maybe off doing something else?

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
So Widow has 4 hair styles in the trailer... Short blonde, long blonde, long red, and short red. And it seems like the scene that takes place furthest into the film is where they're walking with the suits on based on those hair styles. Which also happens to be where Thor, Hulk, and CM are missing. Maybe off doing something else?
The heavy hitters keeping Thanos occupied while the rest do their mission?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Time travel suits. The white/red suit colors match the red/white color filter used in the beginning of the trailer that highlighted past moments in the mcu.

Ooh so the 'old' footage being used to not show too much of the new movie might actually be a kind of tie in after all

Amathene

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they're going to power her up but nothing I saw in Captain Marvel makes me believe she is more powerful than Thor in the MCU. Loved Carol and she's easily #2 with iron man as a close 3 IMO but still think Thor beats her based off what I've seen in the movies.
She
reversed a massive Kree warhead and used it to destroy all the trailing warheads.

Then she proceeded to solo a fleet of Kree fighter ships with ease using photon blasts or just punching right THROUGH them.

After THAT, she DECIMATED a Kree warship in about 3 seconds by FLYING RIGHT THROUGH IT. (For perspective, the warship she destroyed looked to be roughly similar in size and class to the Dark Aster (Ronan's ship from GOTG) which was able to tank the combined forces of the Nova Corp and the Ravagers for quite awhile)

She came out without a scratch and she didn't even look remotely challenged.

At the end, we see Carol fly off at light speed with the Skrull ship.

This puts her at least in the same league as Thor and MILES ahead of Tony.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ooh so the 'old' footage being used to not show too much of the new movie might actually be a kind of tie in after all

Yeah I think them playing around with the colors was definitely some intentional winking at us about the plot and not just used for dramatic//emotional effect.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they're going to power her up but nothing I saw in Captain Marvel makes me believe she is more powerful than Thor in the MCU. Loved Carol and she's easily #2 with iron man as a close 3 IMO but still think Thor beats her based off what I've seen in the movies.

Keep in mind, there's a 24 year period between Captain Marvel and Endgame. Carol will have undoubtedly become more powerful in that time.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
i think the long red and short red are the same. she just puts it up for the mission

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
A concept artist who did the art of it called it Titan.

infinity-war-titan-fa2tk8h.png

But at the Q&A I asked the Russos about that and they said the guy forgot to put "Titan II" on it. Any planet Thanos calls home they consider "Titan", so it's Titan II.

This actually makes sense, just as he calls all his ships "Sanctuary".

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland

Yes, Natasha's relationship with Clint is well drawn in Avengers. He's her closest friend and her mentor. They're not an item and would probably not want to be.

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people think the Gauntlet doesn't work at all anymore? Didn't Thanos use the space stone or whatever the fuck it's called to warp out of there after the snap? I mean, he obviously can't do another snap, but he still has the power of the stones, no?

Yea, he can still use the stones but likely can't snap. Which he obviously doesn't care about doing but is more so to prevent an "easy" undo for the heroes.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Yeah he can use them.
If he didn't, he would be beaten just by a Captain Marvel + Thor + Iron Man combo in the first 30 minutes of the film lol
Captain Marvel alone would maybe work if he couldn't use any stone.