• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Black Widow and Hawkeye holding hands and staring longingly at each other..

Is this going to be like her third romantic subplot in the Avengers movies?

Hoping they're just holding hands as friends or whatever but I kind of got the impression they're a thing.

Hawkeye has a wife and family, they're not a thing. They're very close, as evidenced in Age of Ultron

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hawkeye has a wife and family, they're not a thing. They're very close, as evidenced in Age of Ultron

Partners & best friends seems right.

Also:
E84twCW.png

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hawkeye's family is dead from the snap.
Perfect excuse....

If the plot is to fix things, then he would hold onto the idea of being able to get his family back.

Though if there is a time gap of years before they even knew it was a possibility, then I couldn't really blame either of them if they did that?

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Homecoming was a co-production. Sony was the victim of extensive email hacking in 2014, in which early plans for a collaboration with Marvel Studios on Spider-Man were published.
I know that but I'm just using that as basis for how fast they could potentially turn around a script, cast and film, which presumably took place for Homecoming after the announcement.

less

Oct 25, 2017
I love the trailers they are putting out for this movie simply because they are not revealing anything. Normally I like knowing and seeing as much about a movie before I go in but this time I think that I'll go in as blind as possible since that is probably going to lead me to have a better experience.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm trying to figure out where the hell Ant-Man, Cap and Nebula are fighting. I'm pretty sure that's not Titan behind Nebula but instead, the same rubble-filled area that is on fire where we see Scott and Cap in costume.

We also see tiny Scott jumping off of a pencil with an auxiliary cord in the shot. Is that the burning rubble of the Avengers facility?

If you look closely at the shot of Scott without his helmet in his regular Ant-Man suit (it appears just before the shot of Thor with lightning around him and Nebula screaming), you'll see an orange light is starting to appear on Scott and in the room around him. The beginning of an attack?

Oct 28, 2017
She
reversed a massive Kree warhead and used it to destroy all the trailing warheads.

Then she proceeded to solo a fleet of Kree fighter ships with ease using photon blasts or just punching right THROUGH them.

After THAT, she DECIMATED a Kree warship in about 3 seconds by FLYING RIGHT THROUGH IT. (For perspective, the warship she destroyed looked to be roughly similar in size and class to the Dark Aster (Ronan's ship from GOTG) which was able to tank the combined forces of the Nova Corp and the Ravagers for quite awhile)

She came out without a scratch and she didn't even look remotely challenged.

At the end, we see Carol fly off at light speed with the Skrull ship.

This puts her at least in the same league as Thor and MILES ahead of Tony.
So wait, Carol can travel
at lightspeed without a ship?

luca

Oct 25, 2017

Hoping they're just holding hands as friends or whatever but I kind of got the impression they're a thing.
Oh man, them holding hands, and hugging felt much more of a really solid friendship between two friends who really care about each other.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to figure out where the hell Ant-Man, Cap and Nebula are fighting. I'm pretty sure that's not Titan behind Nebula but instead, the same rubble-filled area that is on fire where we see Scott and Cap in costume.

We also see tiny Scott jumping off of a pencil with an auxiliary cord in the shot. Is that the burning rubble of the Avengers facility?

If you look closely at the shot of Scott without his helmet in his regular Ant-Man suit (it appears just before the shot of Thor with lightning around him and Nebula screaming), you'll see an orange light is starting to appear on Scott and in the room around him. The beginning of an attack?

I'm pretty sure that it's
Avengers HQ

luca

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I posted about this on page 27:

No it's not. Based on speculation on the trailer:
When you see Scott Lang in the Avengers HQ, you can kinda see some fire-y thing coming in the windows in the background, supposedly destroying the HQ, where we also see Cap America, Hawkeye, Rocket, War Machine and Ant-Man. There seem to be office stuff lying on the ground too, like the pen Ant-Man jump off of.

ant7fkn1.jpeg

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Is the Avengers Compound gonna get destroyed, feel like I've watched the trailer too many times but that Ant Man scene you can see lights growing from outside.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
My thoughts on possible Timeline and Carol Danvers (Captain Marvel mid-credits scene spoilers)

I think Captain Marvel arrives a lot earlier in the Timeline that a lot of people think. Her showing up isn't suddenly going to solve a bunch of problems for the team. When she arrives the remaining Avengers are probably not going to have much of a plan at all.

My guess is the beeper scene is very early on in the movie. Cap still has his beard, Natasha still has the short blonde hair. Cap shaves his beard at some point. Carol is probably around for quiet a while because what realistically can she do at this point? Natasha explains what happened to Carol.

Then Scott escapes the Quantum Realm and makes his way to the Avengers compound. It is only at this point that the beginnings of a plan start to form as they now have Scott to explain the time vortexes and QR. Natasha still has short blonde hair at this point.

Then Tony and Nebula show up (the scene from the first trailer of clean shaven Cap and company looking up at something with the empty space, probably Carol) in the Benatar (shot in 2nd trailer of it approaching the city). Natasha's hair seems slight longer in this shot but hard to tell.

There is a time jump and Natasha runs into Clint/Hawkeye/Ronin.

There is another time jump and we get to the longest haired Natasha discussing the plan with Cap, the new suits and the slow walk across the setting sun.

All of it probably takes place in the first 40 minutes of the movie.

Also, all of it could be meaningless since Marvel likes to misdirect and outright lie in their trailers. Her hair could be 100% different in the final film.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver

This ain't Arrow - not everyone is fucking. She's trying to be there for his pain after losing his whole family, she's feeling guilt for having been able to stop Thanos.

Last edited:

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only little issue I have with the New Avengers setup is that the big members should really be part timers due to their responsibilities elsewhere. Black Panther has a kingdom to run, Carol protects the Skrulls and the galaxy, and Dr Strange protects dimensions. The current Avengers may go their separate ways now and them but most of the time they do train together and have a home base to operate out of, so they responded to threats faster than the world's governments could.

Am I overthinking this? Or is this something fans wonder about that is just gonna get handwaved?

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
Can't wait to see what the Russo Bros will do with an action set piece featuring Carol. It is going to be bonkers.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
She
reversed a massive Kree warhead and used it to destroy all the trailing warheads.

Then she proceeded to solo a fleet of Kree fighter ships with ease using photon blasts or just punching right THROUGH them.

After THAT, she DECIMATED a Kree warship in about 3 seconds by FLYING RIGHT THROUGH IT. (For perspective, the warship she destroyed looked to be roughly similar in size and class to the Dark Aster (Ronan's ship from GOTG) which was able to tank the combined forces of the Nova Corp and the Ravagers for quite awhile)

She came out without a scratch and she didn't even look remotely challenged.

At the end, we see Carol fly off at light speed with the Skrull ship.

This puts her at least in the same league as Thor and MILES ahead of Tony.

Maybe in her sequel she'll lose all these powers because she just doesn't believe in herself anymore.

lol that's Spider-Man 2