• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Looks fun but the last one had this wierd disconnect with so many characters and worlds.

Yes it's fun, but it feels more of an advertisement for the rest of the movies by design of having everything in one movie.

Hopefully now that the story is established they can kind of make something a lil more closer feeling. I hope Disney doesn't water the end of this story down,

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Only little issue I have with the New Avengers setup is that the big members should really be part timers due to their responsibilities elsewhere. Black Panther has a kingdom to run, Carol protects the Skrulls and the galaxy, and Dr Strange protects dimensions. The current Avengers may go their separate ways now and them but most of the time they do train together and have a home base to operate out of, so they responded to threats faster than the world's governments could.

Am I overthinking this? Or is this something fans wonder about that is just gonna get handwaved?

I'm kind of wondering the same thing

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do you put Iron Man at #3 when Hulk exists

Stark is stronger than Hulk right now. He desperately needs a power up or something because, honestly, he spent nearly all of Ragnarok and Infinity War getting his arse handed to him. Stark has a lot of firepower thanks to his new suit and I'd argue it's stronger than Veronica, which Hulk also lost to.

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
latest

I'm definitely starting to think this happens, with all the Hickman influences on Infinity War and Endgame. I think they capture a weakened Thanos at the beginning and we get some juicy scenes of everybody interacting with him while he's captured, then years later Scott shows up and they realize they can go back and save everyone, but doing so means they have to fight the full-powered Infinity Gauntlet Thanos again.

Holy crap this reminds me of uk sonic the comic in issue 98 where they did the same thing to the demonic super sonic and was slowly escaping from that tv thing and wanted revenge

Oct 25, 2017
Ant-man's gonna try shrink and sneak up on Thanos. But Ant-man's dummy thicc and Thanos hears the clap of his ass cheeks.

That's how it'll end.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stark is stronger than Hulk right now. He desperately needs a power up or something because, honestly, he spent nearly all of Ragnarok and Infinity War getting his arse handed to him. Stark has a lot of firepower thanks to his new suit and I'd argue it's stronger than Veronica, which Hulk also lost to.

Veronica?

And no Ironman is not stronger then the Hulk. Ironman can put on a good fight against him but if they fought Tony would lose. If you're talking about Age of Ultron fight the Hulk clearly let his guard down when he realize he was destroying the city which gave Tony the KO chance. Before then Hulk was breaking away at Tony.

Hell Wolverine one shotted fucking Hercules in the comics because he manage to catch him off guard.

I agree it's time for the Hulk to get a power up but it's extremely hard to power him up without putting a entire planet in danger.

Could you imagine the Hulk going World Breaker in the MCU?

I'm thinking it's going to be the death of Cap that will trigger Hulk's power up.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Veronica?

And no Ironman is not stronger then the Hulk. Ironman can put on a good fight against him but if they fought Tony would lose. If you're talking about Age of Ultron fight the Hulk clearly let his guard down when he realize he was destroying the city which gave Tony the KO chance. Before then Hulk was breaking away at Tony.

Hell Wolverine one shotted fucking Hercules in the comics because he manage to catch him off guard.

I agree it's time for the Hulk to get a power up but it's extremely hard to power him up without putting a entire planet in danger.

I'm thinking it's going to be the death of Cap that will trigger Hulk's power up.

Veronica is the code name for the Hulk Buster armor.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Veronica?

He could get hit with an extra-large blast of gamma radiation while out in space.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Only little issue I have with the New Avengers setup is that the big members should really be part timers due to their responsibilities elsewhere. Black Panther has a kingdom to run, Carol protects the Skrulls and the galaxy, and Dr Strange protects dimensions. The current Avengers may go their separate ways now and them but most of the time they do train together and have a home base to operate out of, so they responded to threats faster than the world's governments could.

Am I overthinking this? Or is this something fans wonder about that is just gonna get handwaved?
I think you are generally right. It hasn't prevented someone like T'Challa to be an Avenger in the comics, but I don't see it making sense to even have Peter Parker become a full-time Avenger in the movies like people have been speculating, even though his responsibilities are much smaller scale.

I think it would make more sense to have people plugged in that could be the new core of the Avengers team, while maybe some others die or retire, and then we only see other newer members join as they are needed, similar to Spider-Man thus far. Even Thor is essentially in a similar position as T'Challa, but I think they've done a pretty good job in the movies of not having him away too much when Asgard needs him, or at least they address what happens when he is away and the consequences of that.

If they do retire many of the original characters/actors that made up the original Avengers line-up, I could see a new core Avengers team being something like Bucky, Vision, Wanda, Falcon, Ant-Man and the Wasp basically being the core team known as "The Avengers" while other members may join depending on what is going on or even be part of other teams. The New Avengers line-up in Age of Ultron basically was without Thor, Hawkeye, or Tony because they all had other places to be, so I expect them to handle it a similar way post-End Game.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He could get hit with an extra-large blast of gamma radiation while out in space.

Wouldn't that have happened already though? He was out in space and even went through a worm hole to set up the events of Ragnorok plus being in space coming back to earth at the beginning of Infinity War. Also going through the devils anus to get back to Asgard.

I just think it'll take losing someone for it to be triggered.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
I'm terribly excited yet terribly nervous all at once, lol. I'm also amused that you can almost figure out a timeline via Back Widow's hair color, length, and regrowth.

I know Endgame was filmed before Captain Marvel, so Carol's character might not have been 100% settled yet, but after a movie of her in understated make-up, seeing her with dark lipstick and heavier eyeshadow looks so fucking weird. Eurrgggh. Loved the moment between her and Thor, though.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tony's line " I was really hoping to pull off one last one" sounds very strange I'm sure it's cut from different scenes no? Or another fakeout, I remember several lines from the Infinity War trailers.

Oct 28, 2017
if that was true, wtf didn't they just blow up the mind stone in the first placeeeeeeeeee. Yes i know its a movie....

That was the major theme of the movie. What does it take to achieve victory? Thanos sacrificed his daughter and half the universe. Steve wasnt going to sacrifice anybody and he lost. Thanos won.

Whatever it takes.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still can't get over the stupid way people got deaded with the Thanos snap, it looked so... meh. Like they never really died, looks temporary. They should've died by some other more finite looking type of death.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I still can't get over the stupid way people got deaded with the Thanos snap, it looked so... meh. Like they never really died, looks temporary. They should've died by some other more finite looking type of death.

I mean who doesn't think it's temporary? And turning into dust seems fairly final as far as deaths go...

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
if that was true, wtf didn't they just blow up the mind stone in the first placeeeeeeeeee. Yes i know its a movie....

That was the running theme on Infinity War, sans the power stone which Thanos already had every other character that had a stone could prevent Thanos from getting it, but they weren't willing to sacrifice anything to do it

They had a whole movie to kill vision, instead they choose to fight
Strange could hide the stone forever but he gave it to Thanos so Stark could live
Loki as well gave away the space stone for Thor
Even Starlord could have killed Gamora, and because he hesitated Thanos prevented it, but in the end he was willing to kill her knowing what was at stake, thus Thanos's "I like him" line.

As Thanos said to Strange, he was the only one with the will to do... whatever it takes, and it seems the avengers have learned the lesson

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
And instead of dusting they just fall over dead leaving billions of dead bodies all over the place to clean up?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Strange could hide the stone forever but he gave it to Thanos so Stark could live

I thought it was because that was apparently the only way to truly beat Thanos in the end. Even had the scene from earlier where Strange made it clear that he values the stone over him and Peter's lives.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was because that was apparently the only way to truly beat Thanos in the end. Even had the scene from earlier where Strange made it clear that he values the stone over him and Peter's lives.

This is exactly what happened. The one scenario he saw where they won was when he gave up the time stone. He even told Tony it had to be this way.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City

Yeah, at that time it was already too late, but still it was part of the running theme. Also imagine if Star Lord would have killed Gamora, the gauntlet would've never been completed because she was the only one that Thanos loved!

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
His daughter was a kid in Age of Ultron. This girl here is clearly a teenager.

Well, it's been 4 years since age of ultron, so if she was 8 back then, she'd be 12 or 13 now. But yes, they're going to cast one of the Russo brother's daughter as Kate Bishop, so she can spend roughly 10 seconds on screen before getting dusted.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
That was the major theme of the movie. What does it take to achieve victory? Thanos sacrificed his daughter and half the universe. Steve wasnt going to sacrifice anybody and he lost. Thanos won.

Whatever it takes.
Well, even when they got to the point where the heroes decided to make the sacrifice to save others, Thanos essentially nullified that sacrifice at every turn, the most blatant being Vision's death which Thanos just reversed time to get the stone and killed him anyways so his sacrifice was meaningless.

So while the heroes grappled with the idea of trading lives for the greater good, it's wasn't just that Thanos was willing to make the sacrifice where the heroes weren't, they were up against someone that took away their ability to even choose. Thanos went beyond the natural laws to bend the universe to his will, to force it into submission.

They were going up against someone that doesn't even play by the rules, but just because they lost, they can't give up.

9b9cd6b0a0ce80cdb10e37469496304a.gif

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
It's disappointing that there's not enough memorable individual themes in the MCU. But the Avengers theme though.. that will def go down as one of the all time greats.

Oct 28, 2017
I mean who doesn't think it's temporary? And turning into dust seems fairly final as far as deaths go...

In comics/soap operas/almost anything else, unless there is a body the person isnt dead. Turning to dust could mean anything from traditional dead dead (like Loki/Heimdal/Gamora) to being wished into the cornfield which would be like being moved to an alternate dimension.

If they wanted those who got dusted to be truly dead dont you think it would be more impactful to have our heroes dead corpse on screen? Then again maybe Earth disposing of 3 billion bodies is a bit too much for Disney.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Veronica?

Eh, it stands to reason if Veronica could take on the Hulk and ultimately subdued him (Banner himself said it kicked the crap out of him), then a nanotech armour capable of withstanding blasts from the Power Gem would be much more advanced and similarly more powerful than Veronica was.

As for how Hulk is going to get a power up, I'd argue what he lacks is control and more importantly anger. His heart just doesn't seem to be in it since Sakaar and the Russos seemed to imply he had no will to fight and was tired of Banner using him as a weapon. So he needs that motivation to get angry again because his whole gimmick is he gets bigger and stronger the angrier he becomes.

Maybe we'll actually get to see Hulk getting angrier and growing a few feet taller while trading blows with Thanos until he has to look up at Hulk and realises he can't keep up.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it stands to reason if Veronica could take on the Hulk and ultimately subdued him (Banner himself said it kicked the crap out of him), then a nanotech armour capable of withstanding blasts from the Power Gem would be much more advanced and similarly more powerful than Veronica was.

As for how Hulk is going to get a power up, I'd argue what he lacks is control and more importantly anger. His heart just doesn't seem to be in it since Sakaar and the Russos seemed to imply he had no will to fight and was tired of Banner using him as a weapon. So he needs that motivation to get angry again because his whole gimmick is he gets bigger and stronger the angrier he becomes.

Maybe we'll actually get to see Hulk getting angrier and growing a few feet taller while trading blows with Thanos until he has to look up at Hulk and realises he can't keep up.

I hope they go the opposite way and we get smart gray Mr. Fixit Hulk.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, they've had only a little movie directing experience as well as VFX experience prior to TWS and they've just taken to the whole process like fish to water.

To think that Kevin Feige/Marvel Studios basically picked out their eye for directing action from an episode of Community is nuts. It's like drafting a kid to a pro baseball team because you saw them playing the stickball for fun out in the street with their friends and they go on to being an MVP in their first season. Not only that, to jump from TWS to having to juggle so much in Civil War and then make the 2 biggest Avengers movies back to back while trying to keep it all underwraps with fake scripts and whatnot, it's like that baseball rookie carrying the whole team through the playoffs into the World Series and just nailing it.

Even with how great TWS was, I still had my own hesitations that they'd be able to pull off Avengers 3 and 4 after seeing how Whedon struggled with AoU after doing so well with The Avengers. It seemed like too big a task. At this point, even if they don't do huge superhero blockbusters for the rest of their career, they've earned a fan in me to check out whatever they end up doing.

I think the other brilliant thing was recognizing that with complexity of team up movies having two directors is actually a brilliant way to help handle the load after Ultron nearly broke Joss Whedon.