• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I think the other brilliant thing was recognizing that with complexity of team up movies having two directors is actually a brilliant way to help handle the load after Ultron nearly broke Joss Whedon.
well Whedon was also the writer as well as director so discussions that would get bounced around between Joe and Anthony Russo as well as Markus and McFeely (with advisement from other directors like Gunn, Cooglar, Waititi, etc.), would have to be discussions Whedon would have to have with himself, not to mention the involvement of the now defunct Creative Committee made up of people who weren't involved with making the movies like Ike Perlmutter and various comic book writers.

Whedon had to wear more hats as well as answer to more outside opinions. Just not a good environment to get the best work out of the guy.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Well, it's been 4 years since age of ultron, so if she was 8 back then, she'd be 12 or 13 now. But yes, they're going to cast one of the Russo brother's daughter as Kate Bishop, so she can spend roughly 10 seconds on screen before getting dusted.
Uh, didn't know that girl was played by one of the Russo's kids.

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
The Russo's are just fucking miracle workers. I can't wait until they get their own Star Wars trilogy.

Oct 28, 2017
Well, even when they got to the point where the heroes decided to make the sacrifice to save others, Thanos essentially nullified that sacrifice at every turn, the most blatant being Vision's death which Thanos just reversed time to get the stone and killed him anyways so his sacrifice was meaningless.

So while the heroes grappled with the idea of trading lives for the greater good, it's wasn't just that Thanos was willing to make the sacrifice where the heroes weren't, they were up against someone that took away their ability to even choose. Thanos went beyond the natural laws to bend the universe to his will, to force it into submission.

They were going up against someone that doesn't even play by the rules, but just because they lost, they can't give up.

9b9cd6b0a0ce80cdb10e37469496304a.gif

If the time stone was the only one that really mattered then Thanos is an idiot. And the movie completely fails in its narrative. So I will assume having the time gem would not allow Thanos to go all the way back to prevent the destruction of any one stone. In my head cannon the mind stone exploding seconds before was probably an easy thing for Thanos to sidestep.

If we are to take the idea that being uncompromising is the key to victory then Steve should have used the stones against Thanos (and likely die trying) or sacrifice their own to achieve victory. That sacrifice either being Vision or Gamora. Peter was willing to make that sacrifice but only after it was too late.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, like, she was a little kid and this is like 3 years later. That's not how time works.
It's the same issue with Cercei's daughter Mycella and Gilly's baby in Game of Thrones. At the beginning of season 3 Mycella is a little girl and the baby was just born. By season 5 Mycella is a grown teenager ready to wed the prince of Dorne and the baby hasn't grown a bit.

The writers changed their ages to fit the story, and if that story is good and/ or entertaining enough, most people won't care or notice.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Hey leave Hawkeye's haircut alone. Maybe it's not a haircut, maybe he tore out all the hair on his sides when his family got dusted? Hmmm?

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it stands to reason if Veronica could take on the Hulk and ultimately subdued him (Banner himself said it kicked the crap out of him), then a nanotech armour capable of withstanding blasts from the Power Gem would be much more advanced and similarly more powerful than Veronica was.

As for how Hulk is going to get a power up, I'd argue what he lacks is control and more importantly anger. His heart just doesn't seem to be in it since Sakaar and the Russos seemed to imply he had no will to fight and was tired of Banner using him as a weapon. So he needs that motivation to get angry again because his whole gimmick is he gets bigger and stronger the angrier he becomes.

Maybe we'll actually get to see Hulk getting angrier and growing a few feet taller while trading blows with Thanos until he has to look up at Hulk and realises he can't keep up.

The only thing we disagree on is Veronica actually being able to beat the Hulk 1v1. Hulk lost the fight to circumstance. Yes Banner said that, Hulk even lost a tooth in that fight. I'm not saying that Hulk would walk away unscathed but to also ignore that the Hulk basically had Veronica beat before getting distracted is selective memory af. I'll stick to my claim that if Hulk fought even this new version of Ironman Hulk will win.

Ragnorok was the Hulk having some measure of control.

I'm legit trying to think what could be that trigger to set him off. Betty and Caiera isn't part of the MCU and I doubt Marvel would kill off Black Widow who's the closest thing to Betty/Caiera Bruce has.

I said earlier I think it would be Captain America Death that would trigger him but I'm not so sure. Unless Cap dies after yelling Avengers Assemble with his Shield in one hand and Storm Breaker in the other as Bolts of Lightning is striking all around him. That would be epic as fuck on so many levels.

Let me dream.

We will see I guess.

Captain America, Thor, and Hulk is why I'm invested in the current MCU movies. Once these characters go I'll take a break from the MCU until we get a MCU X-Men and Fantastic Four.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It's the same issue with Cercei's daughter Mycella and Gilly's baby in Game of Thrones. At the beginning of season 3 Mycella is a little girl and the baby was just born. By season 5 Mycella is a grown teenager ready to wed the prince of Dorne and the baby hasn't grown a bit.

The writers changed their ages to fit the story, and if that story is good and/ or entertaining enough, most people won't care or notice.

Ah, that's definitely a possibility.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if throughout the movie they show scenes of the final fight leading up to the ending of the fight at the end of the movie.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Is "whatever it takes" going to actually be in the movie? Is it going to be like a football huddle where they go circle up and say it and then break?

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't forget that it's 99% given that parts of this trailer are fake, audio is different, etc. So that final shot of everybody in quantum suits, who knows whose present and isn't.

The only thing I'm believing right now is the end credits scene from Captain Marvel. Who knows how much of this footage will change in the final film.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Only watched because I heard it doesn't spoil much, and yeah, they did a great job of that. The way stuff is phrased makes me think they're just gonna go back in time to the very beginning, which gives them an easy way to reboot characters like Iron Man or Cap if they want to, but eh.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
Don't forget that it's 99% given that parts of this trailer are fake, audio is different, etc. So that final shot of everybody in quantum suits, who knows whose present and isn't.

The only thing I'm believing right now is the end credits scene from Captain Marvel. Who knows how much of this footage will change in the final film.

what do they mean by "same shot different sequence"

Nov 11, 2017
As to whether or not to trust what is in the trailer (as someone who is currently working on a blockbuster trailer that is going in front of End game.. and many Marvel films previously as well)... Marketing have their own budget and a lot of the time that means trailer-only shots. And it has never been for any reason other than 'marketing think it would be cool'. If you're lucky your trailer shots are all in the final edit but that happens less and less.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018
That the final movie shot was different than you see in the trailer, slight changes, scene order, etc.

There has be to fakeouts in this Endgame trailer.
thanks!
And yeah there is totally a bunch of stuff edited. If i had to bet it'd be that quantum realm scene cause tony's actually not there

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
Rewatching the first trailer. Really wondering how Tony (and Nebula) get saved because he says he's been out of food and water for 4 days and is gonna lose oxygen within the next 24 hours. I sense fake-outs in the new trailer with Tony and Nebula walking in the Quantum Realm suits. I don't think they're gonna be there and are stuck doing their own thing in space. Assuming this is all really sticking to the first 30ish minutes. I posted earlier that I noticed Tony's not wearing an Iron Man QR suit but Rhodes is wearing a War Machine QR suit and it seems odd to me.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
I kinda hope "Whatever it takes" means fucking up reality in crazy ways in hopes of getting a chance to bring it back to normal.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
Time travel, Mjolnir comes back somehow, Captain America lifts it and uses it to beat Thanos and sacrifices himself. I'm going to be livid if he dies without lifting the hammer.