• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Why is Thor looking the other way?
giphy.gif

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Hulk's development in this is going to be interesting.

I can't really imagine him having a satisfying character arc that is about him becoming more controlled and rational, expecially not after Ultron, Ragnarok and IW. We've been overexposed to sad, rational, controlled, "I don't want to fight/hurt nobody" Hulk. Hulk is about passion and anger and the pure liberating feeling of punching someone's face inside out. The most satisfying Hulk moment in the saga is probably still Avengers 1 - he's about letting go and showing absolute power.

But having an arc like that would take more time than the Russos can (and probably want) to allot to a character that isn't exactly super popular amount movie audiences anymore. He went from being one of the most important Avengers (and their trump card in 1) to being a very secondary character.

I don't know where they plan to take him. As an individual character, he'd need a rematch with Thanos of absolutely epic scale; but in an ensamble movie, I can't see him getting anything like that.

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
I'm hoping for a satisfying conclusion to this Marvel phase, espeically since its looming as my farewell to Marvel's Cinematic Universe. It's been a wild ride, but after the last few movies (save for Infinity War which was absolutely amazing) I just feel the time is right to retire myself from the franchise.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I'm hoping for a satisfying conclusion to this Marvel phase, espeically since its looming as my farewell to Marvel's Cinematic Universe. It's been a wild ride, but after the last few movies (save for Infinity War which was absolutely amazing) I just feel the time is right to retire myself from the franchise.

We'll miss seeing you up there on the screen.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

I can't really imagine him having a satisfying character arc that is about him becoming more controlled and rational, expecially not after Ultron, Ragnarok and IW. We've been overexposed to sad, rational, controlled, "I don't want to fight/hurt nobody" Hulk. Hulk is about passion and anger and the pure liberating feeling of punching someone's face inside out. The most satisfying Hulk moment in the saga is probably still Avengers 1 - he's about letting go and showing absolute power.

But having an arc like that would take more time than the Russos can (and probably want) to allot to a character that isn't exactly super popular amount movie audiences anymore. He went from being one of the most important Avengers (and their trump card in 1) to being a very secondary character.

I don't know where they plan to take him. As an individual character, he'd need a rematch with Thanos of absolutely epic scale; but in an ensamble movie, I can't see him getting anything like that.

Rumor has it he's going the Professor Hulk route. This is exciting as this means the MCU might be exploring his personality outside the Savage Hulk - which has never truly been all the Hulk is.

Gray Hulk/Joe Fixit

Professor Hulk

Devil Hulk

250px-DevilHulk.gif

Maestro

latest

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
He could simply have called her by her name. Done.

Also, why didn't any of you call out Marvel for not incl. Benedict Wong on the IW poster?

5af581f80819f.jpg

Pom, Benedict and the voice actors for Groot and Rocket were not included for brevity, i guess. The IW poster would be too crowded with names. The Avengers Endgame poster shows waaay fewer characters and there are plenty of space to include Danai Gurira's name in.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'd just like to say that I remember when the original Avengers came out people were complaining about the music saying it was a terrible soundtrack with no memorable tracks. Now I feel like the Avengers theme is one of the most memorable themes in movies and gets people hyped up like few others can.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I stand by what I wrote in that thread. You can disagree, but that doesn't mean that I'm wrong. Why don't you just answer my question?

It's a silly question. The concern was over use of a much loved black female character on a poster in which she was conspicuously the only character who didn't get billing. Marvel spotted the error and fixed it.

Your question seems to be some randomly constructed "well what about this, then?" that has no bearing on the concern.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like avengers. Will watch on plane or Netflix. The only thing hype in the trailer was that T. Hawk is in this, or whatever his name is. Arrow bro.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rumor has it he's going the Professor Hulk route. This is exciting as this means the MCU might be exploring his personality outside the Savage Hulk - which has never truly been all the Hulk is.

Gray Hulk/Joe Fixit

Professor Hulk

Devil Hulk

250px-DevilHulk.gif

Maestro

latest

Screw all this. I want to see World Breaker Hulk putting it on Thanos ass!

All this softer shit can come after that.

I love the Hulk and Banner character. I don't think we will ever see another Hulk movie any time sooner so I hope Banner continues to be a journeyman. A great secondary support hero in other hero's movies like he was in Ragnorok. Maybe Banner in a supporting role in the Black Widow movie where Banner's intellect is vastly more valuable then the Hulk's brute strength.

Because the Hulk doesn't have his own movie franchise like Black Panther and the rest im hoping he gets some character development in Endgame.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't get your hopes up guys
5253296-1871140159-qePBG.png

main-qimg-36c323f13bda732f43f11f7671cc825f
main-qimg-3d4d7f0a59f4fe9a5fe9fe2a1cd7c662

4690136-1760528897-xuFqQ.jpg

Not World Breaker though. We all know Base Thanos is stronger than base Hulk and maybe slightly more stronger than World War Hulk. Now Thanos is on a different level because of the Infinitety Guantlet. You seem to read the comics, you should know World Breaker Hulk is completely on a different level and it would be completely possible for World Breaker Hulk to overwhelm Thanos if he's just using the Power Stone against Hulk.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

Yeah it's sad how they have treated Hulk in the MCU, he's had some great moments but they have never let him truly be as powerful as he really should be.

I would actually love it if maybe by the end of the movie he gets hold of the power stone, gets a huge power boost and give Thanos some paypack but the rage and power he gets also drives him a little crazy and they do a World War Hulk style story in the next phase, with everyone trying to stop Hulk as his rages out of control.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Yeah it's sad how they have treated Hulk in the MCU, he's had some great moments but they have never let him truly be as powerful as he really should be.

I would actually love it if maybe by the end of the movie he gets hold of the power stone, gets a huge power boost and give Thanos some paypack but the rage and power he gets also drives him a little crazy and they do a World War Hulk style story in the next phase, with everyone trying to stop Hulk as his rages out of control.

Would not want World war hulk unless they are going to use Sakaar love storyline.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Isn't Ruffalo out after this?

My impression is that after Endgame the story would focus on the "new" Avengers team - where T'Challa replaces Steve, Carol replaces Thor, Strange replaces Tony and Peter replaces Hulk.

Monkeylord

Nov 8, 2017
UK
I'm still trying to figure out why Rhodey gets a special Iron-Man white suit (doesn't look like a modified War Machine suit as there's no weapons dangling off it), but everyone else seem to have identical "regular" ones. 2 other people walking in that line-up require a separate suit for their "powers" besides Rhodey (Scott and Tony), but they both seem to be wearing the same white suits as everyone else. Scott's suit definitely isn't an enhanced version of his Ant-Man suit, and I guess an argument could be made for Tony having his bleeding edge nanosuit, but until this point (even when it wasn't activated) you could clearly see the glowy housing. In this instance the housing is missing, and as such we can only presume it's simply not being worn.

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm still trying to figure out why Rhodey gets a special Iron-Man white suit (doesn't look like a modified War Machine suit as there's no weapons dangling off it), but everyone else seem to have identical "regular" ones. 2 other people walking in that line-up require a separate suit for their "powers" besides Rhodey (Scott and Tony), but they both seem to be wearing the same white suits as everyone else. Scott's suit definitely isn't an enhanced version of his Ant-Man suit, and I guess an argument could be made for Tony having his bleeding edge nanosuit, but until this point (even when it wasn't activated) you could clearly see the glowy housing. In this instance the housing is missing, and as such we can only presume it's simply not being worn.

I don't remember how well Rhodey had healed after Civil War. Can he walk now without the suit? I think so, he's not in the suit when he lands in Wakanda right?