• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I never knew I needed this pairing until I saw it.
avengers-endgame-spoilers-rocket-raccoon-war-machine-1163076-1280x0.jpeg

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I've been bored so I was watching some reaction videos for this trailer, and it's crazy that people are still going on about Captain Marvel. One person claimed the trailer was released by Disney to damage control poor reaction to Captain Marvel and that it used old footage just because they had to rush it because they weren't ready.

Imagine being so out of touch that you look at a movie almost guaranteed to make $1B and say it needed damage controlled...

Monkeylord

Nov 8, 2017
UK
I don't remember how well Rhodey had healed after Civil War. Can he walk now without the suit? I think so, he's not in the suit when he lands in Wakanda right?
I'm pretty sure he has some sort of mechanized exoskeleton on his legs to aid him.

Yeah, he had some powered leg braces in the scene where Cap and Co walk into the Avengers facility with all the Holograms ("Yeah, that'll be my court marshall").

Nov 30, 2017
Not World Breaker though. We all know Base Thanos is stronger than base Hulk and maybe slightly more stronger than World War Hulk. Now Thanos is on a different level because of the Infinitety Guantlet. You seem to read the comics, you should know World Breaker Hulk is completely on a different level and it would be completely possible for World Breaker Hulk to overwhelm Thanos if he's just using the Power Stone against Hulk.

Actually if I remember correctly World Breaker Hulk exhausted his anger when he fought Sentry to a stalemate. So he would end up exhausting his anger fighting Thanos as Thanos without gauntlet destroyed a planet punching Drax.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm watching Captain Marvel tomorrow, no spoilers please. Is she stronger than Thor?

It's an origin story, so like most origin stories it seems like she just scratches the surface of her potential. She is powerful though. Infinity War Thor vs Captain Marvel almost 25 years after her origin takes place? That would be an interesting fight.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I'm watching Captain Marvel tomorrow, no spoilers please. Is she stronger than Thor?

It's difficult to say going off this movie, there's nothing to compare her to or with.

But coming off Infinity War, most likely. If she wasn't Thor would have been enough and Thor got smoked even with help of fellow Avengers.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Thor with SB > Cap Marvel > Thor with Mjollnir or nothing
Considering Thor with SB could have killed Thanos and (cap marvel spoilers)
Cap Marvel is powered by just one infinity stone, and even then it's just some of its energy :P

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Just have to tell ourselves the suits have shock absorbtion or something otherwise Tony would've been killed many times over from the hits he's gotten not to mention a moon falling on him.

In the very first IM movie Tony gets shot out of the sky by a tank shell and crashes to the ground. I suppose you can fan-explain that while the suits are online they have active shock absorbers that reduce most concussive impacts. When they go offline, there's some redundancy built into the suits, but they're far less effective.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
In the very first IM movie Tony gets shot out of the sky by a tank shell and crashes to the ground. I suppose you can fan-explain that while the suits are online they have active shock absorbers that reduce most concussive impacts. When they go offline, there's some redundancy built into the suits, but they're far less effective.
I always thought Tony should have died in the first IM when he fell out of the sky in the makeshift suit he built in a cave. Yeah he landed on sand, but a fall from that height can be lethal even if you hit water.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Early Thor? Easily.

Thor by the end of Infinity War? I'd pay to watch that fight. She'd still probably win though.

I don't think she can tank Thor level hits though. I saw Captain Marvel and she can be injured by fighters who are (how do I say) faaaaarrrrr lesser then Thor.

Stronger than base Thor ofcourse but not Ragnorok Thor.

Speaking from comics

Carol is powerful no doubt but she's not in the Thor/Hulk tier.

Dec 22, 2017
I always thought Tony should have died in the first IM when he fell out of the sky in the makeshift suit he built in a cave. Yeah he landed on sand, but a fall from that height can be lethal even if you hit water.

First time I saw Iron Man that really bugged me too. I later decided Favreau did that on purpose to force us to suspend our disbelief that Tony wouldn't turn into soup inside the suit.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually if I remember correctly World Breaker Hulk exhausted his anger when he fought Sentry to a stalemate. So he would end up exhausting his anger fighting Thanos as Thanos without gauntlet destroyed a planet punching Drax.

That... wasn't World Breaker. It was borderline Word Breaker but not World Breaker.

I didn't read this comic myself but World Breaker was unleashed against another World Breaker Hulk in the Negative Zone (I believe) and he destroyed a planet in their fight.

World Breaker is much stronger than what you saw against the Sentry.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
I can't help but not have much hype for this movie because it's missing so many core characters and story arch's from the Inifinty saga like Surfer, Galactus etc due to the Fox owned properties (which is hopefully finally no longer a thing).

I was hoping they'd get those characters in for this 'finale' but oh well.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America

Without spoiling, the movie does not give a way to measure that in a reasonable fashion. And even after watching the movie, I was unsure if she became her most powerful version, Binary. Given her long absence in the timeline, she is perhaps of equal power to Thor or at least, very comparable.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's difficult to say going off this movie, there's nothing to compare her to or with.

But coming off Infinity War, most likely. If she wasn't Thor would have been enough and Thor got smoked even with help of fellow Avengers.
IMO yes, she felt stronger than IW Thor.
Post power-up Thor? Don't know, not even relevant feats.
She probably outpaces him in energy projection but he seems more physically durable.

Captain Marvel is powerful but in the scheme of things
who did she really face in a fight? What would amount to nothing more then a punch of peeons for the other Avengers.
She couldn't even
beat that one dude who's name isn't worth remembering in hand to hand combat
. I know CM is hyped right now but look at who she struggled against vs what the Avengers struggled against.

DO NOT READ MY TAGS IF YOU DIDNT WATCH THE MOVIE. It's not necessarily story spoilers but

Don't read it and quote me being pissed I somehow spoiled it for you

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
There's like 20 years between Captain Marvel and Endgame though now that I think about it, she could have stepped up her training, fought some powerful dudes and hang out with the Nova Corps.

I think we can compare her to Richard Rider for now, he was nothing but a recruit of a similar Star Force but became one of my favorite characters. He grew a lot as a characters because of War and the characters he hang around with.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Captain Marvel is powerful but in the scheme of things
who did she really face in a fight? What would amount to nothing more then a punch of peeons for the other Avengers.
She couldn't even
beat that one dude who's name isn't worth remembering in hand to hand combat
. I know CM is hyped right now but look at who she struggled against vs what the Avengers struggled against.

DO NOT READ MY TAGS IF YOU DIDNT WATCH THE MOVIE. It's not necessarily story spoilers but

Don't read it and quote me being pissed I somehow spoiled it for you

In that fight against the goons she isn't really using her powers at full even though she "unlocked the SSj" form, you can see it in how she fights, the magnitude of her beams, and how she gradually starts to adapts to her new powers. She even doesn't learn to fly until later. But at the end we get to see her doing what basically Thor does in IW but x10 against bigger ships and without the need of a magic axe (I hate how in IW they backpedal about the need of Thor having a weapon from Ragnarok).

At the end I can't really be sure who's stronger but CM puts a better display of her powers that makes her look stronger.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I think we can safely say Thor and CM are at least on par simply because Marvel would never show anything that suggests otherwise, they'd never show him to be stronger.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In that fight against the goons she isn't really using her powers at full even though she "unlocked the SSj" form, you can see it in how she fights, the magnitude of her beams, and how she gradually starts to adapts to her new powers. She even doesn't learn to fly until later. But at the end we get to see her doing what basically Thor does in IW but x10 against bigger ships and without the need of a magic axe (I hate how in IW they backpedal about the need of Thor having a weapon from Ragnarok).

At the end I can't really be sure who's stronger but CM puts a better display of her powers that makes her look stronger.

I agree what you said about Thor and how they made a big deal of how the Hammer is just a focus point for his power and not actually his power. If they would've expanded on Thor actually learning to control his power and access the Odin Force he would be on a level that we shouldn't see until Galactis starts popping his big purple head around. Plus Storm Breaker sells toy hammers for $$$ so I get why they went with it.

Captain Marvel seems to be a extreme case of a Glass Cannon. I'm not saying she can't put a hurting on the likes of Thor or even Hulk to a extent I'm saying she won't being to take hits very well from them. She took damage from the Kree which in my opinion looks to be around or just under Captain America level strength. Do you think any of the Kree could damage Thor or Hulk in hand to hand combat? I can see that thing on her neck limiting her access to energy potential but would it effect her Dexterity?

I am not saying Captain Marvel is not powerful. I just don't see her at Thor/Hulk tier yet.

Watch Captain Marvel

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
All this power level talk strikes me as missing the point. At the end of Infinity War Thanos is the most ridiculously overpowered being ever seen in the MCU. He can change reality and run time back and forward, and that's just the beginning. It isn't going to take power levels to resolve this. It's going to take brilliant writing. Only plot armour can save the universe now

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
All this power level talk strikes me as missing the point. At the end of Infinity War Thanos is the most ridiculously overpowered being ever seen in the MCU. He can change reality and run time back and forward, and that's just the beginning. It isn't going to take power levels to resolve this. It's going to take brilliant writing. Only plot armour can save the universe now

Didn't the gauntlet break in the end of Infinity War? So at least he can't use the gauntlet... while the rest is still true though.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Isn't Ruffalo out after this?

My impression is that after Endgame the story would focus on the "new" Avengers team - where T'Challa replaces Steve, Carol replaces Thor, Strange replaces Tony and Peter replaces Hulk.

Maybe Hulk traps Bruce inside, so they can use Hulk without Ruffalo.

Would not want World war hulk unless they are going to use Sakaar love storyline.

Shame they already did a bit of Planet Hulk with Thor Ragnarok but seeing Hulk on an ultimate rampage across he MCU would still be pretty cool.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I liked the trailer, and I'm very glad that they kept most of the movie under wraps. Also . . .

Power levels? Really? Are you guys 10 and back on the playground?

The whole idea is nonsense since it's however the writer chooses to write it.