• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Just have to tell ourselves the suits have shock absorbtion or something otherwise Tony would've been killed many times over from the hits he's gotten not to mention a moon falling on him.

Yep. Tony took a tank shell and fell from hundreds of metres high using one of his earliest suits. If people accept that then there's no reason why they shouldn't accept Rhodey surviving a less deadly fall in a more advanced suit.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We're not quite there yet. The hairstyle evidence is a weak indicator that months pass at least, but there could be other explanations.
Well, it takes longer than a few months to grow as much hair as widow does.

Also cap saying "everyone should move on" indicates to me that quite a bit of time has passed.

I suppose you are right though. It's not confirmed at all, that's just conjecture.

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
I'm guessing in order to disguise themselves as their past selves when they time travel into the past, they make themselves look how they looked at that time.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All this power level talk strikes me as missing the point. At the end of Infinity War Thanos is the most ridiculously overpowered being ever seen in the MCU. He can change reality and run time back and forward, and that's just the beginning. It isn't going to take power levels to resolve this. It's going to take brilliant writing. Only plot armour can save the universe now
Nah, thor already almost killed him with a stupid axe. Thanos aint shit.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I honestly find power level discussion sort of pointless. Characters are as strong as the story requires. Same is true in the comics.

Remember that Thanos first appeared in Iron Man and wasn't exactly a World Destroying Threat. And the original Captain Marvel was his original man opponent and he wasn't as powerful as the current one.

Jim Starlin had a line in the original Infinity Gauntlet saying that Death ressurected him stronger than ever to even justify him being a real threat after the Cosmic Cube story.

There are stories where the Juggernaut can defeat entire teams... Or beat by Spider-Man.

Stories where Namor is as strong as superman and one's where the Thing beats him UNDERWATER.

power levels are just dramatic tools not hard set levels.

Last edited:

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly find power level discussion sort of pointless. Characters are as strong as the story requires. Same is true in the comics.

Remember that Thanos first appeared in Iron Man and wasn't exactly a World Destroying Threat. And the original Captain Marvel was his original man opponent and he wasn't as powerful as the current one.

Jim Starlin had a line in the original Infinity Gauntlet saying that Death ressurected him stronger than ever to even justify him being a real threat after the Cosmic Cube story.

There are stories when Hulk can drstorh

oh no, Hulk destroyed him!

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Tony took a tank shell and fell from hundreds of metres high using one of his earliest suits. If people accept that then there's no reason why they shouldn't accept Rhodey surviving a less deadly fall in a more advanced suit.

Pretty much, I thought the scene in Iron Man 2 where they trade punches was proof we just have to stretch our suspension of disbelief because they should absolutely be suffering concussions or whiplash.

Fdn1CUO.gif

Roger Ebert said it best

"... which started me to wondering how the guys survive inside those suits. Sure, the suits are armored, but their bodies aren't. How many dizzying falls and brutal blows and sneaky explosions can you survive without breaking every bone in your body? Just asking'. At the end of a long day, those suits should be filled with bloody pulp."

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Nah, thor already almost killed him with a stupid axe. Thanos aint shit.
Pretty sure Russos said the only reason Thanos took that hit was because he was on the cusp of victory and distracted.

I'd just like to point out how absolutely insane it is to me that millions of people watched a trailer with a racoon holding a gun riding on a guy in a metal suit and not only didn't find it silly but actually got extremely hyped about it. Not to mention a hero called Ant-Man is actually accepted.

The MCU really has changed the movie world.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
How silly are we all going to feel (again!!!) when most of the scenes in the trailer never make it in the final cut? What if these are all deleted scenes!

Oct 27, 2017
They don't own the Fox characters so they can't, unless they film something super quick to put it in their.

They could just put a teaser in. Don't even have to show him. Maybe show a metal glove, or have him mention something sinister but include the word 'doom' and so on.

Yeah it's sad how they have treated Hulk in the MCU, he's had some great moments but they have never let him truly be as powerful as he really should be.

I would actually love it if maybe by the end of the movie he gets hold of the power stone, gets a huge power boost and give Thanos some paypack but the rage and power he gets also drives him a little crazy and they do a World War Hulk style story in the next phase, with everyone trying to stop Hulk as his rages out of control.

That would be cool if they used it as a lead-in to doing World War Hulk. Maybe he loses control of his anger so Strange, Richards and whoever send him away. Then he comes back after a few films looking for revenge and BOOM - you have Avengers: World War Hulk!

Isn't Ruffalo out after this?

My feeling was that the character is not so reliant on the actor as they can just do him by CGI. Heck, they don't even need Ruffalo to voice him.

Also, I bet Marvel don't want to be too dependent on Spider-Man in case Sony does not renew the deal with Marvel in order to make their own terrible Spider-Man film universe.

I've been bored so I was watching some reaction videos for this trailer, and it's crazy that people are still going on about Captain Marvel. One person claimed the trailer was released by Disney to damage control poor reaction to Captain Marvel and that it used old footage just because they had to rush it because they weren't ready.

Imagine being so out of touch that you look at a movie almost guaranteed to make $1B and say it needed damage controlled...

Some of the idiot manchildren will not get over this. Just give them a thumbs down, remove it from your watch list and move on.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't Ruffalo out after this?
Aren't there in fact multiple of the actors out after Endgame? Read somewhere that besides Ruffalo, Evans and RDJ want out as well (latter would be willing to return for cameos), while Chris Hemsworth, whose contract is up as well I think said something along the lines that he would be happy to stay on?

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Everyone worried Tony and Cap will bite it, I'm more worried about Thor. His family is dead, Warrior of 3 is dead (well one left, but I doubt she'll ever show up again), Jane won't be coming back, Asgard is destroyed and Asgardians is almost extinct.

Where else his story can go at this point except dying.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I'd just like to point out how absolutely insane it is to me that millions of people watched a trailer with a racoon holding a gun riding on a guy in a metal suit and not only didn't find it silly but actually got extremely hyped about it. Not to mention a hero called Ant-Man is actually accepted.

The MCU really has changed the movie world.

I love fairy tales. Modern fairy tales like The Avengers and Doctor Who are like catnip.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Everyone worried Tony and Cap will bite it, I'm more worried about Thor. His family is dead, Warrior of 3 is dead (well one left, but I doubt she'll ever show up again), Jane won't be coming back, Asgard is destroyed and Asgardians is almost extinct.

Where else his story can go at this point except dying.
Find a home for his people? There's quite a few of them left if the snap is undone. Him and Valkyrie need a full-on buddy movie.

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
Pretty much, I thought the scene in Iron Man 2 where they trade punches was proof we just have to stretch our suspension of disbelief because they should absolutely be suffering concussions or whiplash.

Fdn1CUO.gif

Roger Ebert said it best

"... which started me to wondering how the guys survive inside those suits. Sure, the suits are armored, but their bodies aren't. How many dizzying falls and brutal blows and sneaky explosions can you survive without breaking every bone in your body? Just asking'. At the end of a long day, those suits should be filled with bloody pulp."
Or this:

tumblr_pbnltlUEt91v1qzojo1_540.gif

His shoulders and spine should snap like a twig.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't really think they want to invest on a pure CGI character with little star power.

Plus they can't make solo Hulk movies.

I think they want to phase these characters out. They've a huge cast of new characters and they're introducing even more, thinning the crowd is probably better right now.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
I don't know if this is posted yet, but Clint is wearing the same ankle bracelet that Scott wore in Ant-Man and the Wasp.

vsvfu1lzaam21.jpg

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Aren't there in fact multiple of the actors out after Endgame? Read somewhere that besides Ruffalo, Evans and RDJ want out as well (latter would be willing to return for cameos), while Chris Hemsworth, whose contract is up as well I think said something along the lines that he would be happy to stay on?

Hemsworth wanted out before Ragnarok, now he said (IIRC) that he'll be done with Avengers but he's up for more Thor solo movies with Waititi, if he likes the script.

So basically he's out.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

We don't actually have official confirmation that anyone is leaving yet. Just some comments here and there.

It would be hilarious if no one dies in this and the whole cast is back for Avengers 5.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
my dream would be some epic Cap Marvel & Thor team up VS Thanos fight scene with some cool rock song that give me Goku Freeza VS Jiren feel.

I feel all the heavy hitters Captain Marvel, Thor and Hulk will have to team up against Thanos if he takes it seriously. None of them are in that final walk, unless they are misleading in the trailer again.

Oct 25, 2017
First time I saw Iron Man that really bugged me too. I later decided Favreau did that on purpose to force us to suspend our disbelief that Tony wouldn't turn into soup inside the suit.

He should basically be soup every 5 minutes he's in the suit. I never complain about it but I notice it every time. In just about every action scene he's ever in there's a moment or three he should be chunky chicken noodle.
They've always solidly cemented their stance on this as "fuck it." Which is fine.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
I'm worried that nobody tried to repair Vision, he's still in a box in the Avengers basement... Come back Shuri, they need your backup.