• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why hasn't Dr Strange been seen at all in these trailers or posters......
hmmmm...

Egkja46.gif

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Bucky is the safe choice. Let's do something unsafe.

Besides Sam as Cap was always more interesting then Bucky Cap.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Can someone explain how this works in the comics? Is Sam still just a normal dude? I mean cap is super human and so is Bucky so Bucky makes more sense. I think falcon cap looks cool but does he get a dose is super serium or something?

Sam doesn't have super powers, but that's not that unusual, especially for the tier of villains that Cap *typically* fights. Either it's generally street level in his own book, or he's playing strategist and team leader directing team mates to take down heavier threats as Avengers field leader.

Hawkeye was pretty much in the same boat during the era he led the West Coast Avengers.

Sam is physically around where daredevil, punisher, or moon knight are- though probably not as good a pure combatant as either of those three. Balancing that out is that not only can sam fly, the wings he's equipped with are vibranium. So offensive and defensive weapons there.

The Sam Cap books were pretty good, all things considered. The only REALLY odd thing is that conceptually the shield as a weapon doesn't really gel well with a flying protagonist.

edit: yeah, and I forgot the psychic bird thing. He has a "primary" bird he runs around with that's a lot smarter than average and apparently unkillable due to vampirism.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So 100% chance Hawkeyes daughter turns to dust while they're out practicing together, right?

Edit: beaten multiple times just looking at the last page. Probably hundreds of times overall.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
no other explanation for hawkeye running around the world as Ronin makes any sense.

Halloween costumes were 50% off and he thought it sounded fun. He was going to travel with his daughters, but then they turned to dust and he thought "You know what, the trip is already paid for. Would be a shame for it to go to waste".

Oct 25, 2017
Sam doesn't have super powers, but that's not that unusual, especially for the tier of villains that Cap *typically* fights. Either it's generally street level in his own book, or he's playing strategist and team leader directing team mates to take down heavier threats as Avengers field leader.

Hawkeye was pretty much in the same boat during the era he led the West Coast Avengers.

Sam is physically around where daredevil, punisher, or moon knight are- though probably not as good a pure combatant as either of those three. Balancing that out is that not only can sam fly, the wings he's equipped with are vibranium. So offensive and defensive weapons there.

The Sam Cap books were pretty good, all things considered. The only REALLY odd thing is that conceptually the shield as a weapon doesn't really gel well with a flying protagonist.

edit: yeah, and I forgot the psychic bird thing. He has a "primary" bird he runs around with that's a lot smarter than average and apparently unkillable due to vampirism.

Dang very informative post thanks. I'd love to see a falcon cap on the big screen!

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Dang very informative post thanks. I'd love to see a falcon cap on the big screen!

I thought I heard something about a Winter Soldier/Falcon team up series that should be taking place after Endgame.

I can see that working out with Falcon being the "public" face of Captain America while Bucky does wetwork behind the scenes. Neither one of them is really anywhere close to being able to take over as "cap" from Steve Rogers in the MCU on their own right now. Falcon is way too green, Bucky has murdered too many people and is probably still mentally unstable.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope we get more Nebula in this movie. she, Rocket, Drax, and Mantis are my favorite parts of the Guardians franchise. I would be thrilled if she is pivotal in taking down Thanos. I am also so ready for Thor and Carol to be friends, they seem like they will have a fun dynamic.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope we get more Nebula in this movie. she, Rocket, Drax, and Mantis are my favorite parts of the Guardians franchise. I would be thrilled if she is pivotal in taking down Thanos. I am also so ready for Thor and Carol to be friends, they seem like they will have a fun dynamic.
Infinity War spent a lot of time with Gamora. I'm sure Nebula will get a similar treatment here.

I'm rooting for Nebula to get the killing blow on Thanos tbh.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Infinity War spent a lot of time with Gamora. I'm sure Nebula will get a similar treatment here.

Hell yeah, I would love for her to finish him off. The way I see it, she is the one who has personally suffered the most because of him.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
First look at Thanos from Endgame in the latest Empire:

jp7d7abe3dm21.jpg

empire-may-2019-subs-endgame-cover.jpg

I remember in a Era thread pre Infinity War thread someone posted a shot of MCU Thanos looking like a badass and right next to him a picture of Fox's Apacolypse from their X-Men movie.

I laughed so hard and every time I see a pic of Thanos looking like a G I think of that comparison.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

Hell yeah, I would love for her to finish him off. The way I see it, she is the one who has personally suffered the most because of him.
This is what I've been hoping for for more than a year. Nebula need that killing blow on Thanos. And hopefully she have a larger role.

I also still hope all the dusted heroes will have big parts to play in the third act. I need my Scarlet Witch and Star-Lord back in this kicking ass.

Oct 27, 2017
This is what I've been hoping for for more than a year. Nebula need that killing blow on Thanos. And hopefully she have a larger role.

I also still hope all the dusted heroes will have big parts to play in the third act. I need my Scarlet Witch and Star-Lord back in this kicking ass.

Scarlet Witch was such a boring and unnecessary character. No offense if you dig her but she's just sooooo bland and uninteresting and while I realize her comic powers are very hard to show on screen, "Red energy stuff" is so lame and lacks any effort on behalf of the writers to showcase a cool and unique power.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Hair scientists, how long would it normally take a human to grow this much hair?

7uuDAXw.png

2 days? 5? A week?!

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
Only little issue I have with the New Avengers setup is that the big members should really be part timers due to their responsibilities elsewhere. Black Panther has a kingdom to run, Carol protects the Skrulls and the galaxy, and Dr Strange protects dimensions. The current Avengers may go their separate ways now and them but most of the time they do train together and have a home base to operate out of, so they responded to threats faster than the world's governments could.

Am I overthinking this? Or is this something fans wonder about that is just gonna get handwaved?
Thor's been on Asgard business basically full time since Avengers AoU.
Scarlet Witch was such a boring and unnecessary character. No offense if you dig her but she's just sooooo bland and uninteresting and while I realize her comic powers are very hard to show on screen, "Red energy stuff" is so lame and lacks any effort on behalf of the writers to showcase a cool and unique power.
Yeah, it's pretty crazy how visually uninteresting Scarlet Witch's powers are, especially compared to Dr. Strange. She's basically "anything the plot demands, and red".

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get the end with Thor, why does he like her? Can she wield the Mjolnir or something? There's zero context.

It's a masculine bravado move to make someone you're staring down flinch. At least in the US in certain subcultures. It typically involves a quick little 1/10 of a second flinch, like your going to strike but in this case it was a giant hammer whizzing by her head. The smirk is her acknowledgement of his failed attempt. Not something a person staring down a god would normally do, thus immediate respect.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I remember in a Era thread pre Infinity War thread someone posted a shot of MCU Thanos looking like a badass and right next to him a picture of Fox's Apacolypse from their X-Men movie.

I laughed so hard and every time I see a pic of Thanos looking like a G I think of that comparison.
I also have to laugh at those who claimed Thanos should have been done with makeup and practical costumes instead of motion capture. That sure turned out well for Apocalypse.

SturokBGD

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
Why is Danai Gurira the only person on the poster that isn't also billed on the poster?

EDIT: ah, never mind. Just saw the other thread.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A cold open with Clint being forced to watch his family vanish infront of his very eyes would be a damn good way to set the tone. I could imagine the title card playing right after with his cries still ringing in the background.