• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Has anybody found any good YouTube clips of just the theme from trailer 2? I've found a couple but they aren't that great.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
No I mean Endgame would have restrained jokes. Infinity War had the same dose of humour as the other films, that is, until the snap. After the snap, the movie becomes deadly serious. What I am asking is, will Endgame restrain its dosage of humour to more closely follow the tone set at the end of Infinity War?

Highly doubt that judging from the trailers alone, like did you see the part with Ant-Man?

Also, IW after the snap is like a single minute. It's hard to say the "movie becomes deadly serious" when it's one snippet of a scene before the credits roll.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Highly doubt that judging from the trailers alone, like did you see the part with Ant-Man?

Also, IW after the snap is like a single minute. It's hard to say the "movie becomes deadly serious" when it's one snippet of a scene before the credits roll.
Right. It's why I'm saying "restrained"; of course there would be humour.

I should also specify that I'm mainly talking about the first half of the movie. At some point things will start to look up when our heroes set in motion events that will save the world, and past that, jokes would be fair game. But in the movie's beginning, to me, it would feel weird if the movie didn't somewhat restrain the dosage of humour, considering the severity of the events of Infinity War.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
D105UbBU4AAiHfp.jpg

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

I should also specify that I'm mainly talking about the first half of the movie. At some point things will start to look up when our heroes set in motion events that will save the world, and past that, jokes would be fair game. But in the movie's beginning, to me, it would feel weird if the movie didn't somewhat restrain the dosage of humour, considering the severity of the events of Infinity War.

I really hope so, but then again Marvel.

Oct 27, 2017

The trailers are certainly suggesting a more sombre tone, but who knows if the final product will go for the same vibe. I expect there will still be a fair few jokes, albeit comparatively far less than most MCU films.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I didn't know Chris Evans as an actor before I saw Avengers, but his was the stand out performance in a film that included the great Robert Downey. I tried watching Iron Man but it didn't work for me (the first part looked like an unironic live action remake of Team America so I just gave up bothering.) The first Captain America, though, is a very finely directed period piece that brings out Evans' earnest charm.

I don't know the Steve Rogers of the comics or any earlier films. Chris Evans brought his Steve Rogers to life in a way that stamped his personality indelibly into the DNA of the Marvel film franchise. I'm fully prepared for his possible departure. I hope Steve sticks around in the MCU though, in retirement. It would cost next to nothing to give us an occasional cameo.

I've been on a long X-Men comic binge for a while, and every now and then I'll have to read an Avengers or Cap comic because an X-Man features in it. I've also read Hickman's Avengers. Everytime Cap has made an appearance in these comics, he just comes across as a massive douchebag. I mean seriously unlikeable holier-than-thou bullshit.

But MCU Cap is the heart and soul of the series, so Chris has definitely become the definitive version of the character for me, and is my favourite MCU character. I still need to read some solo Cap comics to see if there's any version of him I'll actually enjoy reading.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Is this going to be the last Avengers movie?

Nah, just the last one with this full set of characters. I suspect they're setting up CM to tak over the role of Cap or Iron Man.

There'll be a whole new big threat over the next X years for them to deal with. I wouldn't be surprised to see hints about this during the end credits of Endgame.

Magicmilner

Alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2019
I wonder if this will be the last 'Avengers' movie and going forward, any big event movies will be named after the event itself

Marvel Studios Secret Invasion for example, either that or go for New Avengers/Mighty Avengers instead

Oct 25, 2017
The trailers are certainly suggesting a more sombre tone, but who knows if the final product will go for the same vibe. I expect there will still be a fair few jokes, albeit comparatively far less than most MCU films.
That's literally every single movie trailer. Every action blockbuster gives you action and stakes in 2 1/2 minutes and then we're somehow surprised the movie actually has jokes in it each time, for the last 15 years.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if this will be the last 'Avengers' movie and going forward, any big event movies will be named after the event itself

Marvel Studios Secret Invasion for example, either that or go for New Avengers/Mighty Avengers instead
The word 'Avengers' is basically worth billions, it has recognition worldwide and vast appeal. They won't stop using the name, absolutely not.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

So this trailer had 268 million views in 24 hours. That's only behind the first Avengers: Endgame trailer which had 289 million views.
Avengers: Infinity War trailer 1 had 230 million views, while Infinity War trailer 2 had 179 million.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
What? I haven't watched Avengers since Age of Ultron. I feel lost.

Infinity war was about an infinite number of earths going to war with each other. They had avengers from across the multiverse fighting each other. It's really awesome. I loved seeing Spider America version Captain Americat.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they really do Time Runs Out, don't worry, it'll be 10 years of slow build up before it goes totally bonkers.

Is that the series where Cap defeats Eggman/Robotnik but for like eight years nothing happens but then it's revealed Robotnik has been secretly silently planning his return with clues dropped quietly and subtly for years but nobody knew and then one day boom it drops and you're like "zomg Robotnik has been scheming revenge for fifty gosh darned issues!!!!???"

luca

Oct 25, 2017
So do you think that Antman and Nebula shot are from different places or not?
Same place. It is speculated that it could be the ruins of the Avengers HQ, since you see office stuff like the pencil on the ground. And you can see something fire-y coming outside the windows behind Ant-Man. Hawkeye might be underneath the HQ running from the explosion.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
This was the scene that made me love Steve Rogers. Never in a million years would I have thought Captain America would have one of the best superhero trilogies, but also become one of my favorite superheroes in film. I remember when Chris Evans was cast as Cap, I was like, "Him?" But one of the things he does so well is play him with a genuine earnestness that's really endearing and doesn't come off as condescending and arrogant. Really under appreciated performance. Cap could have easily come off as a pious, self-righteous dick, but he doesn't.

I'm going to hate to see him go. I'm convinced he's going to die, but fingers crossed he gets to walk off into the sunset. But hopefully not before yelling "Avengers Assemble!" with the entire MCU hero roster standing behind him. That shit is going to tear the house down in the theater(I can't imagine the Russo's not giving the fans that moment).

Cap's movies are some of the best in the MCU. I've also seen First Avenger get more love recently, which it deserves.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
The First Avenger was amazing, my only issue with the movie is that the last act felt rushed. Everything else? Its great.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, it just hit me that in terms of backstory, Thor is the Arya of Marvel.
His father's dead, his mother's dead, his brother's dead. And Asgard is a pile of rubble.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Man, it just hit me that in terms of backstory, Thor is the Arya of Marvel. His father's dead, his mother's dead, his brother's dead. And Asgard is a pile of rubble.
Ah man, of all places an Avengers thread, and I get spoiled on Game of Thrones in which I'm only on Season 3 (watching at my own pace). Been avoiding all kinds of GoT threads and news. It's fine to talk open spoilers up till the most recent season, but doing so in a completely unrelated thread.

Thor will strike down the hammer!

Last edited:

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
The First Avenger was amazing, my only issue with the movie is that the last act felt rushed. Everything else? Its great.

I didn't really like the first avenger when I watched it the first time, but I've grown to like it. I think it's two sequels (both of which are my first and second/third favorite MCU movie) helped me appreciate the character, and thus that movie more. I don't watch is as much as Winter Soldier, or Civil war, but it's one of the movies on my essentials list. (iron man, FA, Avengers, WS, Guardians 1,avengers 2, Civil war, BP, ragnarok, IW, CM, Endgame.)