Avengers: Endgame - Official Trailer (April 2019)

Oct 27, 2017
I feel kind of underwhelmed which I doubt is how Marvel would want people to feel when this is such a big deal, but it’s fine

Feels more like the type of trailer (and title) that should have been shown months ago. We’re only four or five months out now

Cth

Oct 29, 2017
Here's hoping there's an outtake where Tony says to his helmet "Help me anyone, you're my only hope" ala Leia/R2 in ANH.

-JD-

Oct 27, 2017
I feel kind of underwhelmed which I doubt is how Marvel would want people to feel when this is such a big deal, but it’s fine

Feels more like the type of trailer (and title) that should have been shown months ago. We’re only four or five months out now
This felt like the kind of teaser they'd show exclusively to Comic Con attendees, when Marvel was still doing SDCC.

Oct 27, 2017
I think tony lives, he retires, and cap sacrafices himself
I don't know, Tony has retired or semi-retired like 3 times already and they keep making a point that, no matter what he does, he can't keep himself from still suiting up again afterward. I'm not sure there's a way to put a pin in that story that isn't Tony dying.

Jan 30, 2018
I personally don't think there is a bad MCU film yet. But I also try to judge things on an actual good to bad scale.

Black Panther and Infinity War are amazing. The Ant-Man films are good. Incredible Hulk and Dark World are mediocre.

When I hear "bad," I think of things that truly fit the word: Fantastic Four 2015, Suicide Squad, X-Men: Origins: Wolverine, Catwoman.

I fully understand if something thinks Dark World is bad so that's not exactly something I'm going to argue. But it's absolutely at the bottom of the list with Hulk and Iron Man 2. Both Ant-Man movies are absolutely better than those films.
I agree with this line of thinking.

SweetNicole

Community Manager
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
What the actual fuck.
Tony Stark: Anybody remember when I carried a nuke through a wormhole?
James Rhodes: No, it's never come up.
Tony Stark: Saved New York?
James Rhodes: Never heard that.
Tony Stark: Recall that? A hostile alien army came charging through a hole in space. We're standing three hundred feet below it. We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the live long day, but, that up there? That's... that's the end game. How were you guys planning on beating that?
Steve Rogers: Together.
Tony Stark: We'll lose.
Steve Rogers: Then we'll do that together, too.

__

They lost.

Oct 27, 2017
Don't like end game subtitle. Not sure why.

Trailer was pretty light on new info. Which is good I guess. Man, I don't even want to watch trailers for this, just need to see how it ends.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know, Tony has retired or semi-retired like 3 times already and they keep making a point that, no matter what he does, he can't keep himself from still suiting up again afterward. I'm not sure there's a way to put a pin in that story that isn't Tony dying.
Tony isn't gonna die. It's hard to explain, but it just doesn't fit his character arc. The guy stranded in space and in the most dire situation is the one that will make it out alive.

Oct 27, 2017
Tony isn't gonna die. It's hard to explain, but it just doesn't fit his character arc. The guy stranded in space and in the most dire situation is the one that will make it out alive.
Yeah I agree, dying feels like an odd way to close out his story - on paper anyway - but I can't think of what a third way out would be.

Oct 25, 2017

__

They lost.
But they weren't together. Tony, half the GotG, Strange and spiderman were halfway across the galaxy, Cap's team, Hulk was having an emotional crisis, Thor and BP were on earth, Gamora spent the most time away from anyone, and some avengers weren't even in the movie.

That's what this movie is gonna be. When the Avengers....assemble

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Tony Stark: Anybody remember when I carried a nuke through a wormhole?
James Rhodes: No, it's never come up.
Tony Stark: Saved New York?
James Rhodes: Never heard that.
Tony Stark: Recall that? A hostile alien army came charging through a hole in space. We're standing three hundred feet below it. We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the live long day, but, that up there? That's... that's the end game. How were you guys planning on beating that?
Steve Rogers: Together.

__

They lost.
damn

What the actual fuck.
I'm starting to think Wanda showed Stark the actual future and that he saw more than we did.

Between Thanos saying the two of them were cursed with knowledge and Stark talking about the end game years before the actual end game, maybe he really does know what's coming and like Strange has been making events play out the way they have because it's the only way to win.

Maybe the Mind Stone cursed them both with knowledge and this is like a wibbly wobbly timey wimey game of chess.

Oct 25, 2017
The issue with that is...how else do you close it? If major shit goes down, he isn't going to just sit back and not do anything.

Nov 27, 2017
Boston MA
Tony will retire and Shuri will make an AI that doesn’t fuck up like Ultron and it’ll replace Tony/ be iron man

Then all the racists get even more mad x salty when Tony tells Shuri she’s the smartest person in the universe.