Avengers: Endgame - Official Trailer (April 2019)

Oct 27, 2017
What the actual fuck.
The best part about Avengers 3 and 4 is that it's going to make Age of Ultron look prescient.

Talks about endgames, losing together, Cap slightly moving Thor's hammer, it's all going to tie back in because the Russo brothers, Stephen McFeely and Christopher Markus are really good at mining the history of a story (to use a Vince Gillligan term).

Oct 25, 2017
If they don't kill cap and they don't kill iron man who are they going to kill for the emotional impact? Cap is the closest for rumors even with the russos saying he wanted to do more cause for a few years hasn't he been saying or at least implying he wanted out so he could focus on other things?

Oct 25, 2017
Tony Stark: Anybody remember when I carried a nuke through a wormhole?
James Rhodes: No, it's never come up.
Tony Stark: Saved New York?
James Rhodes: Never heard that.
Tony Stark: Recall that? A hostile alien army came charging through a hole in space. We're standing three hundred feet below it. We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the live long day, but, that up there? That's... that's the end game. How were you guys planning on beating that?
Steve Rogers: Together.
Tony Stark: We'll lose.
Steve Rogers: Then we'll do that together, too.

__

They lost.
Well, they weren't together so Cap hasn't been proven wrong yet.

Oct 27, 2017
The trailer was cool in setting the mood, though light on details otherwise (Captain America has a plan?! WELL I NEVER!).

The subtitle is kinda... meh. I don't think it fits as a subtitle to "Avengers", just something clunky about it.

Oct 25, 2017
Not good as a trailer itself, but I'm glad they're holding off showing anything. Hopefully the main theatrical trailer is somewhat restrained as well.

Meanwhile I'm so glad that Cap's hideous beard is gone. I could give the trailer an A+ for that reveal alone.

Oct 25, 2017
The best part about Avengers 3 and 4 is that it's going to make Age of Ultron look prescient.

Talks about endgames, losing together, Cap slightly moving Thor's hammer, it's all going to tie back in because the Russo brothers, Stephen McFeely and Christopher Markus are really good at mining the history of a story (to use a Vince Gillligan term).
I'm really looking forward to this as well.

Oct 27, 2017
So, what a I don't like about the trailer is the lack of desperation the characters transmit. I mean, society would have surely collapsed if you lost half of inhabitants of the planet, they could have shown the world a bit of last of us style. Not two avengers in their mansion really.

And, in relation to what we are shown some thoughts:
- I think Tony has been looking for Thanos for years, he seems to have gotten a bit older, the same as Cap.
- Scott Lang probably is coming back several years after the snap, that would explain the shock when they see him.

Oct 25, 2017
So, what a I don't like about the trailer is the lack of desperation the characters transmit. I mean, society would have surely collapsed if you lost half of inhabitants of the planet, they could have shown the world a bit of last of us style. Not two avengers in their mansion really.

And, in relation to what we are shown some thoughts:
- I think Tony has been looking for Thanos for years, he seems to have gotten a bit older, the same as Cap.
- Scott Lang probably is coming back several years after the snap, that would explain the shock when they see him.
This is the first time I have seen anyone suggest that society would collapse and I have discussed a TON of theories. I don't think that's realistic at all.

The shock at seeing Lang is that they thought he was dead. Time could play a part into it too.

Oct 30, 2017
But most importantly, why the frick didn't Tony just stick with Nebula? Once Avengers 3 ended only one idea stuck in my mind and that was having Nebula and Tony team up to work on taking down Thanos. It was so perfect. I wanted to see them interact. Tony with his genius and Nebula with her knowledge of outer space and it's dark underbelly would have made for a powerful and weird combination. But I guess maybe Tony didn't want to team up with anyone again because of Spidey and also maybe Nebula wouldn't be so receptive of having Tony around. Regular people annoy her so I can see how someone like Tony would exasperate her. Still, it's a bummer.
Is it possible he does team up with Nebula and they just don't show any of it in the trailer? I mean, it makes sense that he'd want a little space to record his message(s) to Pepper.

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely don't think Ant-Man and the Wasp is as bad as Thor: The Dark World. TDW is a boringly, ugly, pointless movie that plays into some of Marvel's worst habits... but I think it's prob the worst since TDW.

Oct 25, 2017

it's about time people realize that Age of Ultron is a good movie

also

Ultron - "they're doomed"
Vision - ".....yes. but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts."