• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
It was definitely weird holding off on revealing the title for so long but I have no idea how anyone could have a problem with the title itself

Although I have a feeling that people may just refer to it as Avengers 4 still, instead of using the title as with Infinity War. Maybe that's the issue?

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
So showing peggy's picture again...What are the chances that they are going to have Cap return to the past and reunite with Peggy somehow and stay there permanently as a final send off to Cap...Sort of an happy but bittersweet ending for Cap. He gets to return home.
Or at least for now until the MCU needs Cap again.

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
Tony gonna have to kill Nebula and use her for fuel/parts.

Russell%2BWestbrook%2Bsneaking%2B%2Ba%2Bsnack%2Bon%2Bthe%2Bbench.gif

I mean I would.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So showing peggy's picture again...What are the chances that they are going to have Cap return to the past and reunite with Peggy somehow and stay there permanently as a final send off to Cap...Sort of an happy but bittersweet ending for Cap. He gets to return home.
Yeah, and Tony visits him in 2018 when he's old and grey and takes care of him?

Nice idea that brings him full circle, don't know if Marvel has the balls to pull that trigger.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Longhorn getting on that bandwagon, just applying the music to their cake.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
The thing that's stupid about the snap is wouldn't it just take a few decades for human population to be back where it was?

Not necessarily.

The population dropped in half but available resources stayed the same. Vastly more resources means third world countries become prosperous sooner and their birthrates plummet to match the west, of which most countries have stabilized below replacement rates.

Without developing nations (china, india) driving a pre-industrial population boom, the population stabilizes at lower levels and slower growth.

Or to quote Thanos: it worked on Titan. It'll work here.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You know with Tony stuck in space, access to alien tech, nebula, etc.

screen-shot-2018-10-18-at-104123-ampng.png

I'm not saying anything... but man oh man there's certainly a chance!!!

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So is it possible that this is how the Xmen and mutants in general gets into the MCU some way? Time travel fuckery?

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So if Tony has his helmet, and its made of nanotech, can't he just reconfigure the little bit he has left into other stuff? Not sure if it would help his lack of food and water, but I have faith Stark can do more with less.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So is it possible that this is how the Xmen and mutants in general gets into the MCU some way? Time travel fuckery?

I'm sure at one point when somebody undoes everything Thanos does with the guantlet or however they plan, it unlocks the mutant gene in people. I'm saying right now Post credit scene is going to admantium claws somehow :)

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like they're trying real hard to not really spoil anything, like, not even one set piece was shown.

Nice.

Its definitely pretty crazy they were so conservative with this trailer.

Like the only places we see are the ship with Tony, Avenger HQ, Thanos planet, and Hawkeye / Ronin in Japan. Other than that there isnt a hint of anywhere else and certainly no indication at all of any if the big fight / action sequences.

They keep hyping that this movie "doesnt do what you think it will" so it certainly seems they are trying to hide some big stuff

laminated

Oct 28, 2017

oh I like this

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
After watching it for the 20th time. It's great how the trailer starts off so depressing with Tony but ends with a glimpse of hope in the end.

Oh and was Ronin's sword covered in blood or will they cg in some green blood later?

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Not necessarily.

The population dropped in half but available resources stayed the same. Vastly more resources means third world countries become prosperous sooner and their birthrates plummet to match the west, of which most countries have stabilized below replacement rates.

Without developing nations (china, india) driving a pre-industrial population boom, the population stabilizes at lower levels and slower growth.

Or to quote Thanos: it worked on Titan. It'll work here.
But the snap also included living resources, which includes animals/cattle raised for food. Even bugs too. That would drastically affect things since it would not increase resources, it would actually increase the SCARCITY of them. Likely that would lead to more hoarding by the people who DID survive.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
RT% being a fluff stat isn't the point anyway.

Popular has never meant good by default.

Right, it's a good thing RT isn't about whether or not a film is popular. It's a reflection of the general consensus of the film's quality.

And this is all opinion anyway so your engagement with me to tell me my opinion (that it's bad) was wrong was doomed from the start.

GG.

If you said "I don't like the movie," no one is going to question it. But when you say that Ant-Man and the Wasp is worse than Thor: The Dark World, I'm not sure what to tell you. That's quite the opinion.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm sure at one point when somebody undoes everything Thanos does with the guantlet or however they plan, it unlocks the mutant gene in people. I'm saying right now Post credit scene is going to admantium claws somehow :)

The merger might not be official until the summer.

The chances of anything X-Men related in this film is very low.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
The dust reforming the Avengers logo, as if...going backwards in time....I see what you're doing Russos you crafty pair.

How many times have you all rewatched the trailer today? I'm only on my third rewatch, lots more to go!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Right, it's a good thing RT isn't about whether or not a film is popular. It's a reflection of the general consensus of the film's quality.

If you said "I don't like the movie," no one is going to question it. But when you say that Ant-Man and the Wasp is worse than Thor: The Dark World, I'm not sure what to tell you. That's quite the opinion.

It's quite the reaction that you would even think to tell me it's quite the reaction tbh. Opinions differ mate, I'm sure you hold some that are outside the concensus.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Ant Man 2 has more on RT than Infinity War and Guardians 2 and it's definitely no where near as good as either of those.

IcyInferno

Oct 26, 2017
The merger might not be official until the summer.

The chances of anything X-Men related in this film is very low.

Yeah I'm not getting my hopes up but a quick 10 sec shot of something recognizable like zooming in our out on magneto's helmet in the very last post credit scene would be pretty cool... as long as it makes sense in the context of the film and if this film reboots the series. Maybe Marvel Studios is keeping certain things in mind that they do at the last minute if the deal goes through earlier than planned. I'm not sure how the film making process works but squeezing in a 10 sec post credits scene probably isn't that hard to do late in the cycle?

You can see Disney is already developing its plans for the Fox stuff.. the National Geographic logo is already on the Disney+ preview web site, and Disney+ comes out (late) next year although it does says in fine print 'subject to availability and closing 21CF transaction'

Either way I will be happy with or without any Fox-Marvel properties, and actually a few years break from X-Men may actually be more beneficial.

Last edited: