• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
meant to post the photo of the cam/intercom so here it is,

A3jFAt7.png

Whatever that is back there appears to be a fairly modern cam/security/intercom setup. There was definitely nothing like that in use in the 80s or even the 90s. The wireless and camera tech to make it work didn't exist.

This is present day footage.
Yeah. I don't understand how there's any argument to be had about this.

The trailer establishes that they think Scott got dusted in the snap, then all of a sudden he's ringing the doorbell of Avengers base so, in disbelief, Cap asks if this a pre-snap recording and not live.

How hard is this?

est1992

Oct 27, 2017

The trailer establishes that they think Scott got dusted in the snap, then all of a sudden he's ringing the doorbell of Avengers base so, in disbelief, Cap asks if this a pre-snap recording and not live.

How hard is this?
The Russo's are experts at misdirection. The editing of the scene at the end is a tell. Widow's line "that's the front door" being completely off camera and used ADR instead points to there being something missing and probably edited out in the middle of it.

Also because the frame says "Archive" at the top.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

How hard is this?

It's not. some people get attached to bad theories and have a hard time letting go, that's all.

Scott was assumed to have been killed when he was really just stuck in the Quantum Zone. He appears after X amount of time has passed alive and well and everyone is surprised.

He seems like he's pretty happy and has a lot to say, so clearly he's discovered something about the quantum zone that he thinks will help fix things.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
ITT People are taking other people's fun speculation way too seriously lol. Everyone relax, no one even knows shit yet since the movie ain't even out!

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I don't get is when there's legit stuff out there to support what you're saying (for example, the 70's casting calls and the set photos and the leaks of a certain Avenger being in the past) to support whatever you're saying, but yet and still you can't bring it up? If you're trying to come up with theories then you'd want everything on the table.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl

That sort of stuff is probably better off going into the spoiler thread. Not everyone follows all the behind the scenes stuff and this thread literally just says "Endgame Trailer". Throwing out random facts that most likely spoil plot points is a little different than speculating on a trailer. If you get your theory of TT from the end of Ant Man and Wasp then that's one thing but bringing up stuff like that is just kinda rude.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
That sort of stuff is probably better off going into the spoiler thread. Not everyone follows all the behind the scenes stuff and this thread literally just says "Endgame Trailer". Throwing out random facts that most likely spoil plot points is a little different than speculating on a trailer. If you get your theory of TT from the end of Ant Man and Wasp then that's one thing but bringing up stuff like that is just kinda rude.
I get that. If that's the case then people should say "hey don't talk about that in here" rather than just flat out saying the theory is dumb and wrong when there's a higher chance of it being right.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I get that. If that's the case then people should say "hey don't talk about that in here" rather than just flat out saying the theory is dumb and wrong when there's a higher chance of it being right.

Some people did say that lol. But yeah calling other poster's theories dumb is why I posted my calm down comment. With that said, you're better off letting someone think that of your theory than spoil it for another random user who just wants to discuss the trailer.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

This is where I'm at. I'm using the "Chekhov's Gun" theory here- if you're going to mention "Time Vortexes" at the end of Ant Man and Wasp (why Time Vortexes specifically? why not ANYTHING else??) you're going to use them in a later act.

Even the act of shrinking down the quantum tunnel and installing it in scott's van is a SUPER WEIRD thing to do, but no one really questions why. The original QT was huge as hell and contained in a high tech science lab. Pym and Janet then shrink it down to squeeze it into a 1970s Ford Econoline? WHY? Who would do this?

The only explanation that makes any sense is to be able to expedite the appearance of the Quantum Tunnel when Scott drives it to Avengers Compound.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Some people did say that lol. But yeah calling other poster's theories dumb is why I posted my calm down comment. With that said, you're better off letting someone think that of your theory than spoil it for another random user who just wants to discuss the trailer.
Lol I tried to hold it back, but he kept saying it was stupid, so I had to whip it out. But yeah, you're right, I'll take it to the spoiler thread.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Russo's are experts at misdirection. The editing of the scene at the end is a tell. Widow's line "that's the front door" being completely off camera and used ADR instead points to there being something missing and probably edited out in the middle of it.

Also because the frame says "Archive" at the top.

Nah, it might look like a red herring but I think it's legit. When they're at their lowest, days or weeks or months or years after Thanos' snap, with no hope to undo what he did, Scott will knock on their garage door and won't have a clue what happened while he was gone - which is why Natasha explains the whole Thanos situation to him and he's like "oh hey why don't we just travel back through time and stop him?"

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, it might look like a red herring but I think it's legit. When they're at their lowest, days or weeks or months or years after Thanos' snap, with no hope to undo what he did, Scott will knock on their garage door and won't have a clue what happened while he was gone - which is why Natasha explains the whole Thanos situation to him and he's like "oh hey why don't we just travel back through time and stop him?"
I think if that's the case and Scott is in the "present" then it isn't necessarily the present we know of. It's probably farther in the future. Maybe years. If Scott was only missing for a few weeks I don't think it would drum up that much of a reaction from Cap as if he was gone for a few years.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

I don't think he's COMPLETELY clueless- all you would need to do is turn on a TV, pick up a newspaper, or google literally anything to understand that half the world died.

I don't think scott understands WHY all that happens (the world at large knows nothing about Thanos, for instance) so yeah there's going to be some exposition, but I think he's rolling up to Avengers HQ because he thinks that whatever happened to him in the QZ might help fix the world, but he can't do it on his own.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I don't think he's COMPLETELY clueless- all you would need to do is turn on a TV, pick up a newspaper, or google literally anything to understand that half the world died.

I don't think scott understands WHY all that happens (the world at large knows nothing about Thanos, for instance) so yeah there's going to be some exposition, but I think he's rolling up to Avengers HQ because he thinks that whatever happened to him in the QZ might help fix the world, but he can't do it on his own.

Yeah he seems way too positive given the circumstances lmao. He must know something.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think if that's the case and Scott is in the "present" then it isn't necessarily the present we know of. It's probably farther in the future. Maybe years. If Scott was only missing for a few weeks I don't think it would drum up that much of a reaction from Cap as if he was gone for a few years.

We can't really tell how long after the snap this takes place. It's quite possible that if everyone is still in shock and reeling from the loss of their friends and families, Scott showing up out of nowhere would cause quite the reaction. Moreso if they thought he died and not only is he not dead, he doesn't even know who Thanos is or what even happened.

I do think there's a time skip, but I think it happens after everyone is back on Earth. It would be much cooler if we got a several year long montage of everyone moving on, adapting to life on Earth or trying to pick up the pieces while Stark and the Avengers reverse engineer Pym's tech to figure out how to get a team to travel back through time and stop Thanos even collecting the Infinity Gems.

Not kidding, I'd love to see a scene where the Avengers are approached by various representatives of armies and planets from across the universe to ask them what their plan is to rectify their mistake and Rogers explains they're going to go back in time to stop Thanos wiping out half the universe but they can't do it if he is able to travel through time as well. So several armies, basically, joined by several Avengers (like Rogers and Natasha) vow to keep Thanos occupied long enough for Stark's team to do their thing.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017

How hard is this?

Its not. People are bringing spoiler info in here and trying to be slick about it.

There's nothing from Antman 2 that even has much indication regarding time. Janet aged while she was in the QR as if it was real time. We do see reference to quantum healing, which you could maybe consider a way to....take the dusted people and heal them, but there's no hint about any kind of time travel.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
The last two pages yikes. 1983 lol, people saw what looks like 1983 with archive next to it and ran to the moon with it. If I took a video on my phone it would be archived in my camera roll. I have a headache.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Its not. People are bringing spoiler info in here and trying to be slick about it.

There's nothing from Antman 2 that even has much indication regarding time. Janet aged while she was in the QR as if it was real time. We do see reference to quantum healing, which you could maybe consider a way to....take the dusted people and heal them, but there's no hint about any kind of time travel.

???
You clearly did not pay attention to the after credits scene.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

Uh Janet telling Scott to be careful of the time vortexes was pretty on the nose

Jam

Oct 25, 2017

Time/Space can be different in the Quantum Realm.

Janet basically winks and looks at the camera and says 'be careful of the time vortexes'. It's blatant foreshadowing.

Epilogue

Alt account
Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Yeah you think people would be aware of this by now, especially big fans of these series that watch every trailer before the films actually come out.

Has there ever been anything significant in trailers that haven't been in the actual movies besides that ensemble shot in the Avengers IW trailer?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Uh Janet telling Scott to be careful of the time vortexes was pretty on the nose
While that is true, I think it's pretty damn clear that most of the speculation from some posters is clearly based on the set pictures from ages ago and the implications of it.

If I hadn't been weak and looked myself, I would be wondering why the current speculation was so precise, even with the line from AMvsTW.

Of course I don't expect any of it to stop because people will just say 'no I'm guessing' when that sort of speculation should be taken to the spoiler thread.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Has there ever been anything significant in trailers that haven't been in the actual movies besides that ensemble shot in the Avengers IW trailer?

Thor missing an eye in Ragnarok trailers, as well as the lineup shot of the "Revengers" on the bifrost bridge. Oddly enough another example of Hulk appearing in marketing materials where he did not in the actual final film (he was away from the group battling Fenris).

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm looks like spoiler talk from the avengers 4 leaks thread has spilled over here.

Even feels like insiders are tweeting spoilers too.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Steve thought Scott was dead. Natasha confirms the footage is live and of the front gate.

Why are people overthinking this? Ya'll driving me nuts.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Steve thought Scott was dead. Natasha confirms the footage is live and of the front gate.

Because it's Marvel time baby.

Also I thought this was interesting (from r/marvelstudios):

https://t.co/PNSC3lJkmi
Someone noticed this symbolism and wow. Good game, Marvel. Good game. #AvengersEndgame @MarvelStudios

I took that from my own Twitter but I still don't know how to fucking direct tweet linking lol.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Scott says at the gate "we met a few years ago in Germany" or something to that effect. If that was old footage, the line wouldn't make sense.

This right here

I thought nothing could top Kojima fans conspiracy theorists and overthinking. Marvel conspiracy theorists are looking for someone to hold their beer.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Scott says at the gate "we met a few years ago in Germany" or something to that effect. If that was old footage, the line wouldn't make sense.
If he traveled back in time and was confused it would make sense. Then it would technically be "old footage" but still Scott from the present. He still has his memories.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
This is what I gathered from the IW trailers. Most happen to be shots that are changed/altered, but some have entire scenes cut out:

• Almost the entire dialogue of the first trailer isn't in the movie
  • Stones are missing in various shots of Thanos(doesn't have reality/soul stone on Titan, nor the time stone in Wakanda)
  • Entire scene of Bruce talking to Nat while he fixes up the hulkbuster isn't in
  • Shot of Iron Man taking off his glasses with Wong, Dr Strange and Banner behind him is altered. The background in the movie is different and he has the full iron man nano suit on in the movie
  • Thor's Stormbreaker is completely edited out in the shot on Nidavellir
  • The shot of Spider-Man saving Mantis and the Guardians completely edited out the Guardians in the stinger to the final trailer
There's other things like certain shots being different or things happening differently: Like Spider-Man landing on the ship, Loki revealing the tesseract, etc. But those are minor and still are featured in the movie in some capacity.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

ant man and the wasp starts literally 2 years after civil war, and ends literally when thanos snaps. So "a few years ago" would be at least a year after thanos

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
ant man and the wasp starts literally 2 years after civil war, and ends literally when thanos snaps. So "a few years ago" would be at least a year after thanos

The argument is that Ant Man doesnt realize hes in the 1980s when banging on the door to what would be the Avengers compound in the future.

This is of course complete idiocy, since Ant Man takes place in San Francisco and the compound is upstate NY.

Scott would have to drive 3000 miles while inexplicably not noticing he's been time displaced by 30 years.