• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that's the case at all. I think he's just coming out of the quantum realm, has no idea what happened while he was there, how much time has passed or anything, and that scene of widow explaining that 50% of the population died is her explaining it to him after he comes in the compound. That scene will be early on and he's the reason for the characters to give an brief explanation (reminder for us) of what happened in infinity war, how the world changed in the time between films, and so on.
That could totally be it.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
47683107_2406735132687857_5860801785303662592_o.jpg

oh fuck

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Meh title and an okay trailer for a teaser. I dont find marvel trailers to be good. They could use new editors.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Isnt shield dismantled?

And didnt that happen in Wakanda where literally no one has any agents?

Every major space agency would have recognized items in low earth orbit. They would see items descending towards an area they know now is Wakanda. Questions would be asked, presumably, the avengers would reveal information to the public about why so many people vanished.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
The flow of the trailer just doesn't work for me at all.

Tony stranded in space for a minute or the trailer... saying the last thing he's going to think of is his suit? Not piper?

Cut to weird shot of thanos armor hanging...

Then silly antics with Paul Rudd outside after super serious melodramatic shit.

I just... no doesn't work for me at all. Not worried about the film but this trailer sucks

This post is so stunningly wrong that I'm pretty sure it's a troll.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Trailer opens with funerary tones, moves into mourning and desperation of the utterly lost, then ends on an upbeat glimmer of hope that things are gonna be okay. Loved it.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
People are already embarrassing themselves in this thread and I'm here for it.

Trailer was perfect

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now we're having to explain basic English words to people?
Good god.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
NYC being invaded to the point you had to nuke it off the face of the earth is hardly "any problem."

There's no explanation that makes any sense why you would call CM at the first hint of a problem with the Snap, but never consider it when a legitimate alien invasion was on its way to...kill half the planet anyway, as Thanos does.

The only thing that makes sense is that CM was gone and couldn't be reached, and fury was hoping that MAYBE this time she'd show up.

Keep in mind that the starships the Guardiansl, Thanos, and even the Ravagers were using could cross interstellar distance from earth to Kree space in hours or days.

CM still has not shown up as of the beginning of endgame, despite being paged. Why is that?
Doesn't this require a lot of comicbook suspension of disbelief for why other active heroes don't interfere in each other's films and TV series though? It's left to the viewer's imagination.

Maybe New York wasn't the only issue at that moment, not everything important happens in the US and down the road from Avengers HQ and perhaps Captain Marvel was dealing with something huge and off-world, off-screen. For the same reason that when the X-men face off against alien invasions and world-altering mutants, they don't hit speed-dial on their cosmic-level super-pals either, and why, when Spider-Man is trading blows with the Sinister Six, he didn't call the FF to help beat the shit out of them until he was rocking a broken arm and badly hurt.

Avengers films have a bloated enough cast with keeping track of everyone as it is, but justifying why every new hero wasn't in NY (if they were active then) is as easy as recognising that the Marvel world has heroes battling across the whole planet, multiple dimensions and galaxies and against all manner of factions that most of them aren't even aware of. At the point the Avengers defend NY, aliens and Asgard are relatively new to most of them. But Fury, Marvel, Thor and the more cosmically-inclined characters perhaps view it in a different context of it being one city on one planet under attack by one force. That suspension of disbelief hangs together because Fury, even Odin and others, don't reveal everything they know, in order to leave room for the writers to manouver. You might as well ask why loads of the more powerful supporting cast rarely take direct action in Lord of the Rings. It makes the situation that much more desperate when they do, as it's assumed they have other, metaphysical concerns while leaving mundane adventurers to handle mundane threats that can be beaten by hitting them really hard or lobbing jewellery into volcanoes.

I don't know, that's how I always figured it reading Spider-man as a kid, when, as a relatively charismatic young guy with stacks of super-friends, there was always a reason why the FF didn't pick up the phone. He just didn't know they were playing 4D chess with galactus while he was punching villains concerned with the more human concepts of money and power.

Last edited:

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
This thread deserves a poll -- We must know which trailer is better:

Endgame

or Aquaman

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I only really remember Lunchbox as someone who I kinda often saw making bad arguments against the MCU around civil war came out

Glad he's keeping up the tradtiion. "No one plays chess" lol

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
I like the title, putting the word 'End' in there really drives the point home that this is the final chapter, after 10 years, across multiple films, Endgame seems appropriate.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So that makes sense for Carol to rescue Tony. But how and the hell does Scott just walk out of rhe Quantum Realm lol

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
The flow of the trailer just doesn't work for me at all.

Tony stranded in space for a minute or the trailer... saying the last thing he's going to think of is his suit? Not piper?
Lmao bros I can't tell what posts are foreal anymore

This one made me lol but I have a sinking feeling it's a real question