• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I interrupt this thread to remind everyone that "into the spider verse" is still 100% fresh with a 9/10 average after 74 reviews

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Tony isn't gonna die. It's hard to explain, but it just doesn't fit his character arc. The guy stranded in space and in the most dire situation is the one that will make it out alive.
Yeah I agree, dying feels like an odd way to close out his story - on paper anyway - but I can't think of what a third way out would be.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
If the Guardian's ship didn't have enough fuel to get to Earth how were they planning to get off Titan in the first place.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Tony Stark: We'll lose.
Steve Rogers: Then we'll do that together, too.

__

They lost.
But they weren't together. Tony, half the GotG, Strange and spiderman were halfway across the galaxy, Cap's team, Hulk was having an emotional crisis, Thor and BP were on earth, Gamora spent the most time away from anyone, and some avengers weren't even in the movie.

That's what this movie is gonna be. When the Avengers....assemble

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Clint has a new codename

He ain't Hawkeye no more

He's Hotguy

Cause damn that hair is sex.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Tony Stark: Anybody remember when I carried a nuke through a wormhole?
James Rhodes: No, it's never come up.
Tony Stark: Saved New York?
James Rhodes: Never heard that.
Tony Stark: Recall that? A hostile alien army came charging through a hole in space. We're standing three hundred feet below it. We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the live long day, but, that up there? That's... that's the end game. How were you guys planning on beating that?
Steve Rogers: Together.

__

They lost.

damn

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the actual fuck.
Dt0j_81U4AAyXAW.jpg

I'm starting to think Wanda showed Stark the actual future and that he saw more than we did.

Between Thanos saying the two of them were cursed with knowledge and Stark talking about the end game years before the actual end game, maybe he really does know what's coming and like Strange has been making events play out the way they have because it's the only way to win.

Maybe the Mind Stone cursed them both with knowledge and this is like a wibbly wobbly timey wimey game of chess.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Tony isn't gonna die. It's hard to explain, but it just doesn't fit his character arc. The guy stranded in space and in the most dire situation is the one that will make it out alive.
The issue with that is...how else do you close it? If major shit goes down, he isn't going to just sit back and not do anything.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Tony will retire and Shuri will make an AI that doesn't fuck up like Ultron and it'll replace Tony/ be iron man

Then all the racists get even more mad x salty when Tony tells Shuri she's the smartest person in the universe.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What the actual fuck.
Dt0j_81U4AAyXAW.jpg
The best part about Avengers 3 and 4 is that it's going to make Age of Ultron look prescient.

Talks about endgames, losing together, Cap slightly moving Thor's hammer, it's all going to tie back in because the Russo brothers, Stephen McFeely and Christopher Markus are really good at mining the history of a story (to use a Vince Gillligan term).

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If they don't kill cap and they don't kill iron man who are they going to kill for the emotional impact? Cap is the closest for rumors even with the russos saying he wanted to do more cause for a few years hasn't he been saying or at least implying he wanted out so he could focus on other things?

X05

Oct 25, 2017
Tony Stark: Anybody remember when I carried a nuke through a wormhole?
James Rhodes: No, it's never come up.
Tony Stark: Saved New York?
James Rhodes: Never heard that.
Tony Stark: Recall that? A hostile alien army came charging through a hole in space. We're standing three hundred feet below it. We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the live long day, but, that up there? That's... that's the end game. How were you guys planning on beating that?
Steve Rogers: Together.

__

They lost.
Well, they weren't together so Cap hasn't been proven wrong yet.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, don't listen to this. Ant-Man and the Wasp is a good movie in its own right but saying it's "worse" than The Dark World is just silly.

No, it's easily worse. The forced comedy is terrible, and the general story and plot are beyond dull.

TDW is just boring, AMaTW is legitimately bad.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
The trailer was cool in setting the mood, though light on details otherwise (Captain America has a plan?! WELL I NEVER!).

The subtitle is kinda... meh. I don't think it fits as a subtitle to "Avengers", just something clunky about it.

Spidey

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Found that very underwhelming, rewatched the first Infinity War trailer and that also didn't show a ton but it blew this away.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
The trailer was cool in setting the mood, though light on details otherwise (Captain America has a plan?! WELL I NEVER!).

The subtitle is kinda... meh. I don't think it fits as a subtitle to "Avengers", just something clunky about it.

Agreed about the subtitle. Excited for the movie but not feeling "endgame" at all.

Snake

Oct 25, 2017
Not good as a trailer itself, but I'm glad they're holding off showing anything. Hopefully the main theatrical trailer is somewhat restrained as well.

Meanwhile I'm so glad that Cap's hideous beard is gone. I could give the trailer an A+ for that reveal alone.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
The best part about Avengers 3 and 4 is that it's going to make Age of Ultron look prescient.

Talks about endgames, losing together, Cap slightly moving Thor's hammer, it's all going to tie back in because the Russo brothers, Stephen McFeely and Christopher Markus are really good at mining the history of a story (to use a Vince Gillligan term).

I'm really looking forward to this as well.

cebri

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, what a I don't like about the trailer is the lack of desperation the characters transmit. I mean, society would have surely collapsed if you lost half of inhabitants of the planet, they could have shown the world a bit of last of us style. Not two avengers in their mansion really.

And, in relation to what we are shown some thoughts:
- I think Tony has been looking for Thanos for years, he seems to have gotten a bit older, the same as Cap.
- Scott Lang probably is coming back several years after the snap, that would explain the shock when they see him.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
So, what a I don't like about the trailer is the lack of desperation the characters transmit. I mean, society would have surely collapsed if you lost half of inhabitants of the planet, they could have shown the world a bit of last of us style. Not two avengers in their mansion really.

And, in relation to what we are shown some thoughts:
- I think Tony has been looking for Thanos for years, he seems to have gotten a bit older, the same as Cap.
- Scott Lang probably is coming back several years after the snap, that would explain the shock when they see him.

This is the first time I have seen anyone suggest that society would collapse and I have discussed a TON of theories. I don't think that's realistic at all.

The shock at seeing Lang is that they thought he was dead. Time could play a part into it too.

rhydon321

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
But most importantly, why the frick didn't Tony just stick with Nebula? Once Avengers 3 ended only one idea stuck in my mind and that was having Nebula and Tony team up to work on taking down Thanos. It was so perfect. I wanted to see them interact. Tony with his genius and Nebula with her knowledge of outer space and it's dark underbelly would have made for a powerful and weird combination. But I guess maybe Tony didn't want to team up with anyone again because of Spidey and also maybe Nebula wouldn't be so receptive of having Tony around. Regular people annoy her so I can see how someone like Tony would exasperate her. Still, it's a bummer.

Is it possible he does team up with Nebula and they just don't show any of it in the trailer? I mean, it makes sense that he'd want a little space to record his message(s) to Pepper.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely don't think Ant-Man and the Wasp is as bad as Thor: The Dark World. TDW is a boringly, ugly, pointless movie that plays into some of Marvel's worst habits... but I think it's prob the worst since TDW.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

it's about time people realize that Age of Ultron is a good movie

also

Ultron - "they're doomed"
Vision - ".....yes. but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts."