• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
He's lost his family
He's lost his home
So he found the guyliner
Cut his hair
Got a battlehoodie
This April
Jeremy Renner
Is
Hotguy

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
All these people hating because they're realizing in the end it won't be Iron Man or Captain America or Thor who save the universe...

...it'll be the World's Greatest Grandma.

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Cap goes back in time and gets his dance / happy ending with Peggy.

Stinger is a Skrull takes his place in the current time. :-O

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
0GtvVyA.jpg

39UA8Vs.jpg

is2mimE.jpg

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
So if galactus comes down, he is just going to stay there and do nothing?
Well like RDJ is going to become too old for this stuff eventually so will Tony. Can't keep suiting up all the way into his 70s.

My guess is he retires with a happy ending for him and Pepper with a child and he'll disappear for a while. If like you say they do Galactus they would probably bring him back for a small role.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
So, what a I don't like about the trailer is the lack of desperation the characters transmit. I mean, society would have surely collapsed if you lost half of inhabitants of the planet, they could have shown the world a bit of last of us style. Not two avengers in their mansion really.

And, in relation to what we are shown some thoughts:
- I think Tony has been looking for Thanos for years, he seems to have gotten a bit older, the same as Cap.
- Scott Lang probably is coming back several years after the snap, that would explain the shock when they see him.
Unless I'm mistaken, I think they released a short comic about the aftermath of Infinity War recently that ties into the MCU canon that goes into this, and in it

the world ends up being kind of fine. People are still desperately trying to understand what happened, but ultimately societies don't collapse altogether. "Half of humankind" is still 3.5 billion people, plenty enough to keep industries & food production going (especially in a universe with technology as advanced as Stark's).

cebri

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is the first time I have seen anyone suggest that society would collapse and I have discussed a TON of theories. I don't think that's realistic at all.

The shock at seeing Lang is that they thought he was dead. Time could play a part into it too.

I don't agree at all. Modern society is very fragile IMHO. E.g. something as simple as having milk in the store is the result of a process where a lot of people intervene, remove half of that people and the process collapses completely.

Imagine if one day you had planes falling all over the world, technicians in charge of maintaining nuclear plants, water treatment plants, water storage or oil drilling dissapearing, people lossing their entire families and commiting suicide, etc. Society would recover in time ofc, but it would need years if not decades.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I wish Avengers 4 was just Tony Stark trying to survive in space ala Castaway.

At one point we see him desperately trying to lick up Spider-man dust. He burps and says, "You might not've felt so good but you sure tasted good." And there's a beat there for the audience to laugh.

JealousKenny

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
So, what a I don't like about the trailer is the lack of desperation the characters transmit. I mean, society would have surely collapsed if you lost half of inhabitants of the planet, they could have shown the world a bit of last of us style. Not two avengers in their mansion really.

And, in relation to what we are shown some thoughts:
- I think Tony has been looking for Thanos for years, he seems to have gotten a bit older, the same as Cap.
- Scott Lang probably is coming back several years after the snap, that would explain the shock when they see him.

If half the inhabitants just disappeared and that was the end of it society wouldnt collapse. In the first year there would definitely be a lot of panic due to the enormous amount of accidents, but things would eventually carry on. What causes society to collapse is an event that has continuous fallout, like nuclear fallout doesnt just dissipate after 5 seconds, if there was some sort of virus going around that just keeps spreading until you find a vaccine, the snap was a few seconds and then nothing.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's about time people realize that Age of Ultron is a good movie
Well I am one of those who didn't really like the movie a week after it came out, but all this new tie ins are helping.

One thing that is a little more clear is that the whole reason Tony built Ultron was because of his PTSD after witnessing Thanos's army outside the wormhole, and after he saw a vision of the Avengers all dead. He made Ultron as a replacement for the Avengers cause he thought they would lose.

Timestamped:

At the time the movie was very cluttered and it was easy to dismiss/ overlook this scene as the driving motivation for Tony in that movie, but now that the endgame is being finalized, the throughline is easier to see.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
I don't agree at all. Modern society is very fragile IMHO. E.g. something as simple as having milk in the store is the result of a process where a lot of people intervene, remove half of that people and the process collapses completely.

Imagine if one day you had planes falling all over the world, technicians in charge of maintaining nuclear plants, water treatment plants, water storage or oil drilling dissapearing, people lossing their entire families and commiting suicide, etc. Society would recover in time ofc, but it would need years if not decades.

I think you're going to be in the minority on this as nobody else has expressed this thought that I've seen. Yes it would be a crazy year likely but decades is reaching hard.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Tony's line about "rescue is more fun than it sounds" could be hinting towards Pepper being the one that saves him via a tracker in his suit. She is known as Rescue in the comics, after all.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Well I am one of those who didn't really like the movie a week after it came out, but all this new tie ins are helping.

One thing that is a little more clear is that the whole reason Tony built Ultron was because of his PTSD after witnessing Thanos's army outside the wormhole, and after he saw a vision of the Avengers all dead. He made Ultron as a replacement for the Avengers cause he thought they would lose.

Timestamped:

At the time the movie was very cluttered and it was easy to dismiss/ overlook this scene as the driving motivation for Tony in that movie, but now that the endgame is being finalized, the throughline is easier to see.

When Tony and Bruce made Ultron. Tony was the driving force but Bruce even corrects someone in the movie and says he was a part of it. Again in Infinity War, he says that there's some of him in Vision. I just have a soft spot for this b/c I think a lot of this forum likes to shit on Tony for Ultron.

baltic

Oct 27, 2017
The bricks behind Thor are the same behind the screen showing Scott at the end of the trailer.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just have a soft spot for this b/c I think a lot of this forum likes to shit on Tony for Ultron.
Well...I'm still one of those guys. I'm a Cap fan and I'm still pissed he had to go on the run because of the fallout of the Sokovia event, but nobody bothers Tony for creating a killer AI that wanted to kill all humans.

I just get his motivation better now as opposed to some vanity project gone awy. Less Ted Faro, more Miles Dyson.

pavaloo

Oct 25, 2017
honeslty i never felt this way from a lifetime of comic books until the MCU, but.. i fucken love ant-man

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
it's about time people realize that Age of Ultron is a good movie

also

Ultron - "they're doomed"
Vision - ".....yes. but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts."

I like Age of Ultron. It has so many great scenes, but it is overcluttered to the point where the film doesn't flow well. It's messy. For being the Age of Ultron, the only people it feels like are affected by his ascension are the Avengers themselves until the end. We are told him and the Maximoffs are attacking military bases but that's not the same as seeing just what they can do.

Again, I still like it but it missed on a few opportunities.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also Thor getting his eye back was lame as hell.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Ultron sucked. It wasn't absolute trash but I never want to see that movie ever again or remember it exists.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like Age of Ultron. It has so many great scenes, but it is overcluttered to the point where the film doesn't flow well. It's messy. For being the Age of Ultron, the only people it feels like are affected by his ascension are the Avengers themselves until the end. We are told him and the Maximoffs are attacking military bases but that's not the same as seeing just what they can do.

Again, I still like it but it missed on a few opportunities.

I definitely agree with that I just think it's still a good movie. and for all the complaints about how overstuffed it is the first hour of the movie is literal perfection. honestly the movie, like most of the MCU movies, works as well as it does because of the character work. stark and banner bouncing off each other, stark and cap chopping wood, the after party scene where they're all just hanging out, stark's vision, actual Vision and especially that last talk with ultron, wanda and hawkeye, hawkeye and his wife. it's just real good shit.