• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

pavaloo

Oct 25, 2017
The best part about Avengers 3 and 4 is that it's going to make Age of Ultron look prescient.

Talks about endgames, losing together, Cap slightly moving Thor's hammer, it's all going to tie back in because the Russo brothers, Stephen McFeely and Christopher Markus are really good at mining the history of a story (to use a Vince Gillligan term).
Considering Whedon was asked to do Infinity War originally, it's likely that this was all planned all the way back then as opposed to being mined in retrospect. It was one of the things I took away from A2, that movie setup a ton of things and they're finally all coming to fruition now. In the grand scheme A4 may make A2 more cohesive, but i'd love to hear a breakdown on all of these plans by Marvel once we all get passed this one.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
That trailer was exactly what it needed to be. I'm so hyped! Wish Cap still had the beard though. I wonder where Rocket is right now?

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
0GtvVyA.jpg

39UA8Vs.jpg

is2mimE.jpg

War never changes
Rudd never ages

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Well...I'm still one of those guys. I'm a Cap fan and I'm still pissed he had to go on the run because of the fallout of the Sokovia event, but nobody bothers Tony for creating a killer AI that wanted to kill all humans.

I just get his motivation better now as opposed to some vanity project gone awy. Less Ted Faro, more Miles Dyson.

Right...Tony had motivation, but he still has a heavy responsibility regarding Ultron. His intent was never wrong, but comparing what happened to him vs. Cap is like comparing a slap on the wrist to a few years in jail.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unless I'm mistaken, I think they released a short comic about the aftermath of Infinity War recently that ties into the MCU canon that goes into this, and in it

the world ends up being kind of fine. People are still desperately trying to understand what happened, but ultimately societies don't collapse altogether. "Half of humankind" is still 3.5 billion people, plenty enough to keep industries & food production going (especially in a universe with technology as advanced as Stark's).
I think it would be interesting if thanos plan actually worked and ended up making life on earth better to add some more ambiguity, obviously hes still wrong cause he killed trillions lol

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
THE AVENGERS NEED TO BE PUT IN CHECK.

The accords were needed, just look at supergirls earth what happens when people with powers arent put in check

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bet the signal that goes to captain marvel also some how bounces off iron man suit and thats how captain marvel finds tony

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Endgame" was the most common guess other than "Assemble". It was because both Tony and Strange said it in two separate movies and fans lack imagination. Naming decisions usually come from marketing and not creative, that's why this was announced as a two parter first, then when audiences started getting wary of movies stretched into parts (like Hunger Games) it became bad business and they distanced themselves from it. I know that Russos & Feige said that wasn't the reason, but let's be real here, it's a two part story. That was the reason.

I still maintain it's a bad name but whatever. We'll live.

unlike Cap. RIP Cap

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, I swear some users want a spoilerific trailer instead one that appropriately shows what needs to be seen.

That said, was excited to see Punished Clint(poor guy likely lost his family to the snap) and Scott making an appearance.
Although we gotta pour one out for the ultimate loss:
Cap's magnificent beard 😔

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like they're trying real hard to not really spoil anything, like, not even one set piece was shown.

Nice.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
Maybe Scott doesn't know his family's been dusted?
Cassie survives the SNAP, she meets up with Luis who lojacked the van, they find it together and figure out a way to bring Scott home, and when he learns what happened Scott is his usual positive self and says, "don't worry, the Avengers are gonna fix this" and goes to find them not realizing at the time that he himself is the key to fixing this.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
The thing that's stupid about the snap is wouldn't it just take a few decades for human population to be back where it was?

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The trailer shows nothing in context but gives a proper emotional overview over how the film is likely to be: coming to terms with bleak circumstances and suddenly a glimmer of hope. The next trailer needs to be just as vague and far off.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Cassie survives the SNAP, she meets up with Luis who lojacked the van, they find it together and figure out a way to bring Scott home, and when he learns what happened Scott is his usual positive self and says, "don't worry, the Avengers are gonna fix this" and goes to find them not realizing at the time that he himself is the key to fixing this.

It'd be cool if Luis and the rest of the X-Con Home Security team is in Endgame. Unless they all died too. Has Michael Pena said anything about this?

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Official videos have passed a total of 50M views on Facebook (15M), Twitter (18M) and Youtube (17M) combined so far. Any chance it can reach around 230M in 24 hours like The Lion King and Infinity War? I feel like its going to miss since its a teaser which doesn't show too much, but who knows. Of course that 230M has many more sources than just those three.