• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not "supposed" to do anything. And yes, I'm still debating to wether watch or not MCU films because I'm still very much pissed at Disney for Gunn's firing.

If you'd like some advice, life is too short and often too shitty to deprive yourself of things you enjoy without a seriously good reason. Maybe some executive made a bad call, but in the end Gunn will be just fine and the thousands of decent people that work on these movies deserve your support. For every Marvel fan what we're now living is a dream come true, watching our favorite heroes on the big screen in a way that does justice to their amazing stories.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

If you'd like some advice, life is too short and often too shitty to deprive yourself of things you enjoy without a seriously good reason. Maybe some executive made a bad call, but in the end Gunn will be just fine and the thousands of decent people that work on these movies deserve your support. For every Marvel fan what we're now living is a dream come true, watching our favorite heroes on the big screen in a way that does justice to their amazing stories.

I'm well aware of that. But thank you for the thoughtful post.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
How do you know Rocket and pepper are trying to find Tony?
Can you really imagine Pepper doing anything other than trying to find Tony after how things played out in Infinity War?

Rocket knows that the rest of the Guardians were going after Thanos. He's probably learned since arriving on Earth that Tony went after the ship sent by Thanos so he's probably made the connection that it was most likely returning to Thanos so Tony and the rest of the Guardians are probably in the same place or were at least heading towards the same place. He's also probably the only one that would know how to track down the Benatar which we now know that Tony and Nebula are on.

HotTakeCakes

Alt account
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Reading
There's no way Pepper teams up Rhodes and leaves Earth to find Tony. Does anyone even have a ship to leave Earth in?

Tony dies, Pepper gets the message, time shinnaniganes, Tony's back and Pepper is like, fuck that you ain't leaving us again. He quits.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no way Pepper teams up Rhodes and leaves Earth to find Tony. Does anyone even have a ship to leave Earth in?

Tony dies, Pepper gets the message, time shinnaniganes, Tony's back and Pepper is like, fuck that you ain't leaving us again. He quits.
You know, Tony actually dying in space would be pretty big for one of the reasons being not having the "rescued at the last second" trope. But I doubt they would do that. It makes total sense and be the most probable for Rocket to look for the Guardians ship to find his friends and then instead he finds Tony and Nebula in there.

It also explains why Rocket wasn't dusted so only the original Avengers are left. They need Rocket for plot device in saving Tony.

HotTakeCakes

Alt account
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Reading
You know, Tony actually dying in space would be pretty big for one of the reasons being not having the "rescued at the last second" trope. But I doubt they would do that. It makes total sense and be the most probable for Rocket to look for the Guardians ship to find his friends and then instead he finds Tony and Nebula in there.

It also explains why Rocket wasn't dusted so only the original Avengers are left. They need Rocket for plot device in saving Tony.

I can't think of a reason why Nebula would touch Tony's shoulder like that whilst being alive. They'll bond for sure but that touch is for someone who's just passed away.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of a reason why Nebula would touch Tony's shoulder like that whilst being alive. They'll bond for sure but that touch is for someone who's just passed away.
It also seems that Tony (if it's indeed him) in that scene is also carrying some kind of jetpack, could be an attempt of survival or something, we can't really tell it means that Tony is dead otherwise there's no need for that backpack thingy and I also doubt his lifeless body would be sitting like that.

Also, does Nebula needs oxygen to survive? She is like almost a robot with all the experimentation she went through.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Couple of questions I want answered:

-When we last saw them, Tony and Nebula were on Titan. Why would they get on a ship to get off Titan if they weren't able to reach Earth, and why could Nebula not pilot them there?
-Where's Valkyrie? She was announced to be in IW and then never showed up. Will Thor recruit her from wherever she is to help fight Thanos for round 2, and when she sees Banner, will she refer to him as Beast?
-How does Earth treat Rocket, a sentient raccoon?
-Why can Thor not Bifrost to Titan and go scoop up any remaining survivors? They know where they are, and if not, Wong could help.

My predictions for the movie:
When Tony gets back to Earth, he and Shuri kit out the whole team. He makes Shuri some sort of "Iron Panther" suit, since the lack of heart shaped herb means she can't take up the powers her brother had. Before he dies at the end of the film, Tony's consciousness gets turned into an AI that goes into Shuri's suit, she's been RiRi all along, we get a movie of her fighting some sort of crime in Oakland.
Something happens to awaken X-Men. We see a brief flash of a girl that will later be Kamala Khan, whose origins they've changed from Inhuman to Mutant.
Cap dies as well, Bucky becomes a new Captain America (aka Patriot).
Korg is on the new Guardians team at the end of this movie. He was with Valkyrie (and the last remaining Asgardians), but they both get recruited during this film. Valk goes off with Thor and Korg goes off with Rabbit.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When we last saw them, Tony and Nebula were on Titan. Why would they get on a ship to get off Titan if they weren't able to reach Earth, and why could Nebula not pilot them there?
I mean, staying on a deserted planet is no better than actually trying to go out there and do something. Also remember that the Milano is damaged, they probably did not had the tools to fix it completely, maybe the radar is broken or something, Nebula also would not know where Earth is neither Tony since they are probably very far away, it seems.

Where's Valkyrie? She was announced to be in IW and then never showed up. Will Thor recruit her from wherever she is to help fight Thanos for round 2, and when she sees Banner, will she refer to him as Beast?
No idea.

How does Earth treat Rocket, a sentient raccoon?
Probably as a freak, but I doubt Rocket will be staying in Earth after IW, he will probably be looking for his friends in space.

Why can Thor not Bifrost to Titan and go scoop up any remaining survivors? They know where they are, and if not, Wong could help.
I might be wrong here, but if I recall correctly Thor needs to actually know the location in his head to be able to Bifrost. Maybe Wong can help him.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be awesome if this was the only trailer they released but I know I'm dreaming with that.
You might not be too far off with that, if only because there are 5-6 weeks between CM and A:E. I can imagine the Disney marketing machine will focus mostly on CM up until March and then you might get a second trailer for A:E with the ticket sale announcement.

Either way, I think this trailer is going to be our only look at the film for the next couple months.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You might not be too far off with that, if only because there are 5-6 weeks between CM and A:E. I can imagine the Disney marketing machine will focus mostly on CM up until March and then you might get a second trailer for A:E with the ticket sale announcement.

Either way, I think this trailer is going to be our only look at the film for the next couple months.
I can see a second trailer after CM is out featuring Captain Marvel.

Also wasn't the first Infinity War trailer the only one we had for a looong time?

Super Craig

Oct 27, 2017
Thor doesn't sit around or mope, though. He never has. We saw that in Infinity War - after everything he lost in the last few days or weeks, he was in so much pain you could forgive the guy for wanting to crawl into a hole and never come out again. Yet the first thing he did was go to Nidavellir to get a weapon to kill Thanos with, then head straight to Earth to confront him.

There has to be a very, very good reason why Thor is sitting around looking grumpy when his first instinct would be to hunt Thanos down and aim for the head this time. At the very least he'd be looking for what's left of the Asgardians and bringing them to Earth, as was the original plan.
Feeling like you're responsible for the death of 50% of all life in the universe is the reason. What else trumps that? Going after Thanos again isn't going to do him any favours. He already lost twice and there were major consequences for losing each time. Everyone has their breaking point.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why wouldn't they put a trailer out featuring captain marvel before her movie releases ? It's exactly the push it needs

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why wouldn't they put a trailer out featuring captain marvel before her movie releases ? It's exactly the push it needs
IF you're referring to Haee's post, they say "after."

I think that we can reasonably expect a new trailer to come after CM is in theaters, something that's been corroborated with the time-gap between trailers for "Infinity War."

For all the criticisms about modern trailers giving everything away, I think "Endgame" will have minimal teases prior to the film's release. Hell, if I were a betting man, I'd put money on Marvel not even mentioning...
time travel.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Nice to see Chris keeping busy after hanging up the shield.

hBj9QKu.png

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Everyone assuming someone's gonna save Tony. I think he's going to save himself, like he did in the 1st Iron Man. We have to see him at rock bottom first though.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I can see a second trailer after CM is out featuring Captain Marvel.

Also wasn't the first Infinity War trailer the only one we had for a looong time?
Why couldn't they do a stinger credits scene which is more akin to a trailer for the next film than a traditional stinger (similar to ant-man's Civil War credit stinger)?

or go full out and have a full A:E trailer after CM.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone assuming someone's gonna save Tony. I think he's going to save himself, like he did in the 1st Iron Man. We have to see him at rock bottom first though.
That would be cool. Based on the trailer, he has about the same amount of time right? (12 or so hours. Right around the time the "proto-Mandarin guy" came in the cave and said he wanted the weapon by morning)

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
That would be cool. Based on the trailer, he has about the same amount of time right? (12 or so hours. Right around the time the "proto-Mandarin guy" came in the cave and said he wanted the weapon by morning)

I expect Nebula to talk shit to him in that blunt way of hers, and ultimately make him realise he's being a mopey bastard. I think I'd prefer this than someone like Carol swooping in to save him.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I expect Nebula to talk shit to him in that blunt way of hers, and ultimately make him realise he's being a mopey bastard. I think I'd prefer this than someone like Carol swooping in to save him.
That would be a lot cooler, and definitely be more in character. Carol is definitely one of the more intriguing aspects of the movie. Idk how they're gonna fold her in. Guess we'll have those answers after Captain Marvel drops.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Watching the Collider interview with Markus and Mcfeeley should put people to rest that think Captain Marvel will beat Thanos. They said they didn't want Adam Warlock to come in a do the work but rather Thanos be beaten by the characters we've gotten to know and love.

That was a terrible interview though and he asks some of the same questions again to the Russo in the Q&A. Terrible interviewer.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
While true, on the other hand, the world has so many amazing things to enjoy that missing a few Marvel movies per year is just a drop in an ocean of enjoyable entertainment & art the world has to offer (and not even the highest quality drops, really).

HotTakeCakes

Alt account
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Reading
It also seems that Tony (if it's indeed him) in that scene is also carrying some kind of jetpack, could be an attempt of survival or something, we can't really tell it means that Tony is dead otherwise there's no need for that backpack thingy and I also doubt his lifeless body would be sitting like that.

Also, does Nebula needs oxygen to survive? She is like almost a robot with all the experimentation she went through.

I think the jet pack you're seeing is just his seat and the strap for it?

I would imagine that Nebula needs very little, if any oxygen considering we've seen her being pulled apart. However we've also seen her need food.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I thought that shot of Nebula touching a jacket/suit was just that and not necessarily a dead body? I thought she was touching some of Gomora's or another Guardian's gear in the ship to show she misses them.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not "supposed" to do anything. And yes, I'm still debating to wether watch or not MCU films because I'm still very much pissed at Disney for Gunn's firing.
You literally said you wouldn't be watching the trailer. You announce this stuff to everyone on Era so we all are aware of it.

You've been very public and proud in your intent to not watch future MCU movies or even the Endgame trailer. That has now turned into, "I'm still debating," and you watching the trailer so much where you're seeing something in Thor's eyes that isn't even there.

Everyone knew you'd give in, man. Just admit you'll be watching everything. It's okay.
I can't "admit" on something I haven't decided on yet, I'm still not sure if I'm watching the next films yet, I'm still holding out on hope that after Horn is out, Gunn could return for a last film with the Guardians. I'm obviously very attached to these characters and world. That doesn't mean that I "gave in" to anything.
I dunno, it sure sounded like you made up your mind when you said this

I am boycottying if Gunn doesn't come back. I won't be buying their stuff. I might download their shit and watch with friends eventually, but not as how I used to for the last ten years. I didn't scale back. Stop with the pointless arguing or telling me what to do.

If you're going to walk back your hyperbole at least own up to it

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He claimed he would never see a MCU film in theaters again under any circumstance if Gunn wasn't hired back. Hell, he got a 2 week ban for saying he would illegally download them before ever paying for a ticket lol.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, it sure sounded like you made up your mind when you said this

If you're going to walk back your hyperbole at least own up to it
There's also this way more definitive post.
If James Gunn doesn't come back, I'm not only giving up on Twitter, I'm dropping the MCU altogether. And I'm serious. I can't believe how incredibly dumb Disney is being about this.

The download one is one of his many posts where he is walking back his outright boycott. Come April 26 he will just pretend he never said that.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's also this way more definitive post.

The download one is one of his many posts where he is walking back his outright boycott. Come April 26 he will just pretend he never said that.
If he tries to post about seeing Endgame he will just be flooded by endless posts calling him out. We all saw this coming when he declared and then double downed on his MCU ban lol.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I don't own any of you nothing. NOTHING. I've said my piece and I stand by what I've said. And just a FYI: If you're going to keep being assholes and derailing the thread, I'll just put y'all on ignore and move forward. It's incredible how some here are incredibly petty, I don't need to give you explanations about my decisions and I'm still very much adamant on not giving the MCU any of my money, unless James Gunn is brought back. Now go find something useful to do with your time.

Life is short and I have my reasons to be conflicted, just stop being assholes and stop casting me as the dissident of your corporate overlords. I have my reasons to be pretty fucking pissed at Disney and Alan Horn and I still am. Now I'm still holding out hope that Gunn is brought back, it's not something I am bringing it up here so stop @ me with your childish passive aggressive bullshit.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I honestly love that idea, especially how these days everything is basically shown in the trailer before the film anyway. I'd love to go into this knowing almost nothing.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't own any of you nothing. NOTHING. I've said my piece and I stand by what I've said. And just a FYI: If you're going to keep being assholes and derailing the thread, I'll just put y'all on ignore and move forward. It's incredible how some here are incredibly petty, I don't need to give you explanations about my decisions and I'm still very much adamant on not giving the MCU any of my money, unless James Gunn is brought back. Now go find something useful to do with your time.

Life is short and I have my reasons to be conflicted, just stop being assholes and stop casting me as the dissident of your corporate overlords. I have my reasons to be pretty fucking pissed at Disney and Alan Horn and I still am. Now I'm still holding out hope that Gunn is brought back, it's not something I am bringing it up here so stop @ me with your childish passive aggressive bullshit.
What I am confused by is if you are insisting on boycotting MCU movies over James Gunn....why even post in MCU threads? Everyone at this site associates you as "the guy who insisted up and down he is boycotting all MCU content going forward" at this point. You can't just waltz into MCU threads and not expect that to come up in reply to every single post you make after that declaration.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Ok, wait a moment, just...wait. Correct me if I'm wrong but I just realised....is Captain Marvel coming out in March 2019? And this movie in April? Is that happening? Or have I got my wires crossed? Because that's fucking nuts if true, why would Marvel/Disney release these two movies so close to each other? One would cannabilise the other, why not spread them out by at least three months? What am I not getting? It's been a long day, I'm tired so excuse my rambling...

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, wait a moment, just...wait. Correct me if I'm wrong but I just realised....is Captain Marvel coming out in March 2019? And this movie in April? Is that happening? Or have I got my wires crossed? Because that's fucking nuts if true, why would Marvel/Disney release these two movies so close to each other? One would cannabilise the other, why not spread them out by at least three months? What am I not getting? It's been a long day, I'm tired so excuse my rambling...

Captain Marvel is at the beginning of March and Avengers is at the end of April. There's almost 2 months between the two.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

I think the risk of cannibalization is low because people watching CM are going to watch A4. CM is a bit of a 'prelude' to Endgame and will make people more excited for that movie too. Plus they're close to 2 months apart since one is coming out early march and the other at the end of april.