• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
What I am confused by is if you are insisting on boycotting MCU movies over James Gunn....why even post in MCU threads? Everyone at this site associates you as "the guy who insisted up and down he is boycotting all MCU content going forward" at this point.
I don't owe you an explanation. All what you and others are doing is derailing the thread and concern trolling your bullshit at me. I've explained my position and it makes sense to me. It doesn't need to make sense to you.

You can't just waltz into MCU threads and not expect that to come up in reply to every single post you make after that declaration.

Actually, I can. I can and I will. I'm not the one derailing the thread and harassing a fellow user, you and others that can't let something go in the other hand are. You and others that keep harassing me after I've explained my reasoning time and time again are on my ignore list and I hope that the moderation team steps in if you insist on taking turns with your concern trolling nonsense. Enough.

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
User Banned (3 Days): Derailing thread by antagonizing and insulting fellow user
I don't own any of you nothing. NOTHING. I've said my piece and I stand by what I've said. And just a FYI: If you're going to keep being assholes and derailing the thread, I'll just put y'all on ignore and move forward. It's incredible how some here are incredibly petty, I don't need to give you explanations about my decisions and I'm still very much adamant on not giving the MCU any of my money, unless James Gunn is brought back. Now go find something useful to do with your time.

Life is short and I have my reasons to be conflicted, just stop being assholes and stop casting me as the dissident of your corporate overlords. I have my reasons to be pretty fucking pissed at Disney and Alan Horn and I still am. Now I'm still holding out hope that Gunn is brought back, it's not something I am bringing it up here so stop @ me with your childish passive aggressive bullshit.

Zatt, seriously. People are just giving you crap because of what you yourself have said previously. No one said you "owe" us anything. No one is being passive aggressive.

But in the past, you never acted "conflicted." You could not have been more solid in your decision. And now, you've clearly gone back on that. That's the fact of the situation. But no one blames you. I absolutely disagree with Gunn's firing but I'm going to continue watching MCU films because they keep being great. That might make me part of the problem but yeah, I'm not going to not watch Endgame.

But when you -- in multiple threads -- make a loud and public proclamation about your boycott of all things MCU, only to show up randomly and talk about the new Avengers trailer, you have to know people might give you some ribbing about it.

There's no shame in admitting you changed your mind either. The MCU is bigger than just Gunn and he would admit that himself. I have no doubt that Gunn wouldn't want people boycotting all of the MCU on his behalf.

X05

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone assuming someone's gonna save Tony. I think he's going to save himself, like he did in the 1st Iron Man. We have to see him at rock bottom first though.
Yup.
Crazy speculation: Tony is going to realize his Arc Reactor is actually derived from the Space Stone and figure out how to teleport the shit out of there.
pretty sure that's not how it's going to go, but would be interesting none the less

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone assuming someone's gonna save Tony. I think he's going to save himself, like he did in the 1st Iron Man. We have to see him at rock bottom first though.

It's already crazy to think he was able to get the ship to hit escape velocity considering the shape it was in. Expecting more of him is probably excessive, especially if he hasn't eaten or had anything to drink for days and has less than a day of oxygen and has no fuel, either.

S'nothing wrong with someone like the Asgardians picking him up on their way to Earth. They'd be heading there anyway since that was the plan all along and they desperately need their king - especially after losing half their survivors.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel could easily make a 2-hour single-room drama spinoff of Tony in space reflecting on life in his final hours and rack up a dozen Oscars.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Ok, wait a moment, just...wait. Correct me if I'm wrong but I just realised....is Captain Marvel coming out in March 2019? And this movie in April? Is that happening? Or have I got my wires crossed? Because that's fucking nuts if true, why would Marvel/Disney release these two movies so close to each other? One would cannabilise the other, why not spread them out by at least three months? What am I not getting? It's been a long day, I'm tired so excuse my rambling...
There were only 2 months, 11 days between Black Panther and Infinity War and it hurt neither of those.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
It's already crazy to think he was able to get the ship to hit escape velocity considering the shape it was in. Expecting more of him is probably excessive, especially if he hasn't eaten or had anything to drink for days and has less than a day of oxygen and has no fuel, either.

S'nothing wrong with someone like the Asgardians picking him up on their way to Earth. They'd be heading there anyway since that was the plan all along and they desperately need their king - especially after losing half their survivors.

I think Tony will try and build something, fail, and then be saved.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually thinking he might die out there and get saved by time travel bullshit or something

Marvel could easily make a 2-hour single-room drama spinoff of Tony in space reflecting on life in his final hours and rack up a dozen Oscars.
I'd be down for this too. RDJ just kills it as Stark, especially Stark from Civil War onwards.

I don't own any of you nothing. NOTHING. I've said my piece and I stand by what I've said. And just a FYI: If you're going to keep being assholes and derailing the thread, I'll just put y'all on ignore and move forward. It's incredible how some here are incredibly petty, I don't need to give you explanations about my decisions and I'm still very much adamant on not giving the MCU any of my money, unless James Gunn is brought back. Now go find something useful to do with your time.

Life is short and I have my reasons to be conflicted, just stop being assholes and stop casting me as the dissident of your corporate overlords. I have my reasons to be pretty fucking pissed at Disney and Alan Horn and I still am. Now I'm still holding out hope that Gunn is brought back, it's not something I am bringing it up here so stop @ me with your childish passive aggressive bullshit.
I'm legitimately not even trying to be a smart ass or anything right now but you do realize you wouldn't be getting this shit if you didn't always take everything to 11 and then try to walk it back without just admitting you took things too far?

Nobody is really saying you owe them anything and honestly nobody is being passive aggressive, they're just pretty openly calling you out on the fact that you can't stick to your ridiculously hyperbolic word. When you sit here openly stating that you're boycotting the MCU, use multiple threads to slam Disney and the MCU, and then immediately pop up in a thread for one of the next MCU movies you're going to get called out for that.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Quit derailing the thread and get things back on track. This thread is not about any one particular user.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, wait a moment, just...wait. Correct me if I'm wrong but I just realised....is Captain Marvel coming out in March 2019? And this movie in April? Is that happening? Or have I got my wires crossed? Because that's fucking nuts if true, why would Marvel/Disney release these two movies so close to each other? One would cannabilise the other, why not spread them out by at least three months? What am I not getting? It's been a long day, I'm tired so excuse my rambling...

Oh don't worry about that, she's in both so they probably lead directly into one another. I'm half expecting the stinger to take soundbites from both the Captain Marvel and Endgame trailers.

That would mean it ends with Carol meeting Steve and Natasha in the Avengers compound in the present day, Natasha explaining what Thanos did followed by Steve saying they're still at war with him and for Carol to quite bluntly say she isn't going to fight their war - she's going to end it.

Which would be a pretty great post credits scene.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Yup.
Crazy speculation: Tony is going to realize his Arc Reactor is actually derived from the Space Stone and figure out how to teleport the shit out of there.
pretty sure that's not how it's going to go, but would be interesting none the less
Although...isn't it kinda? The arc reactor is powered by the element'Tony created from his dad's research in IM2, which was based off the cube...which is the Space Stone.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Although...isn't it kinda? The arc reactor is powered by the element'Tony created from his dad's research in IM2, which was based off the cube...which is the Space Stone.
Was it ever confirmed that the arc reactor was derived from the Tesseract? I feel like there's a couple of dots being connected there

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Captain Marvel is at the beginning of March and Avengers is at the end of April. There's almost 2 months between the two.
I always found it funny that due to Black Panther's popularity, the movie was still playing when Infinity War came out. Which means while his movie was playing in one theater, he was getting dusted in the one next door.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Ok thanks for the release date confirmation everyone, I don't know why I didn't realise it sooner, but that's awesome we're getting them so close.

Look Winny. Tony Stark was able to build an Iron man suit in a cave.

WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Was it ever confirmed that the arc reactor was derived from the Tesseract? I feel like there's a couple of dots being connected there
According to the wiki, yes: http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Arc_Reactor
During the later years of his life, sometime after his involvement in World War II, Howard Stark studied the Tesseract and developed the idea for an alternative power source that could provide clean energy to benefit his humanitarian views for the future of mankind.

Howard developed a theoretical new element which would be the key to completing the perfect Arc Reactor based on the Tesseract.

I also want to say there was a drawing of a cube in Howard's journal that Tony was looking through.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
I await The Tribunal to judge and curb stomp Thanos into the ground at the end of the movie for his mistakes

OP
OP
ManaByte

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I also want to say there was a drawing of a cube in Howard's journal that Tony was looking through.

iron-man2-journalksiur.jpg

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Avengers 1 had Hawkeye and they won.
Avengers 2 had Hawkeye and they won.
Avengers 3 did not have Hawkeye and they lost.
Avengers 4 will have Hawkeye Ronin. They will win.

I saw similar comparisons with Cap's beard.

I mean this is sound logic here people.

X05

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, my crazy thought is that since the Reactor is based on this, maybe Tony can tune it just right so he can open a portal or some shit. Also assuming the former were to happen, it makes me wonder if part of the reason Tony being alive is important is because he's able to harness the power of at least one Stone without physically having it, and then applies said to knowledge to do same with another (ie, the Time Stone).
Mind that the train of thought I posted above was mostly caused from the fact that after it was revealed the Tesseract was the Space Stone, it made me wonder if the HYDRA weapons instead of killing people actually transported them somewhere (likely randomly), since they were also based on research on the Tesseract. Obviously this is all pure conjeture and likely wrong.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Trailer was very cool. It set the tone for the film really nicely. The heroes have faced a catastrophic loss and are demoralized and desperate, but they haven't given up yet. The situation is dire, but no matter how shook Cap is, he's still Cap, and won't give up without exhausting every avenue available to him.

That's really all we needed to see from this first look at the movie. I swear, every time a new trailer comes out, some folks act like they've never seen a movie trailer before, or remember how movie marketing works. This is trailer 1. ONE. There will be more trailers to satisfy the folks that need to devour every little bit of information about an anticipated movie.

I don't have an issue with the title. I guess because I didn't have any expectations of the title, because I haven't actually been following the movie or speculation about it? Endgame is fine, and ultimately doesn't matter to me. It's just a title.

element252

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So what are there odds that the Clint we see in the trailer, is in fact the real Clint. And the one we have known since 2012, is secretly a Skrull.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It would be a "fun" twist if it were revealed that Clint's magical family in AoU were a Skrull squad.

It'd go a long way at least to explaining where they come from.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what are there odds that the Clint we see in the trailer, is in fact the real Clint. And the one we have known since 2012, is secretly a Skrull.

I'd be really surprised if any of the Avengers were actually Skrull all along. It would just be super weird if the only actual scenes we've had with the real Clint were in the first Thor movie, y'know? Same with just about anyone they'd say was a Skrull all along. It wouldn't really mean anything.

I can totally see Skrull pretending to be people who were snapped by Thanos, though. Nobody would know any better unless they saw the person get snapped themselves so it would be easy to pull off, plus it means anyone not in this picture...

Screenshot-20181213-022415.png

...could be a Skrull. That's potentially very cool.

Nov 30, 2017
Man this trailer had a lot of hidden secrets of time travel all over it.

This is probably my fav trailer MCU has released yet.

Didn't show anything at the surface level but showed a lot if you dig deeper. Plus the first trailer they made with drama rather than just action and exposition.

I like how hawkeye's and black widows roles have reversed. Black Widow the cold assassin had to be saved by Hawkeye now he's the cold assassin who has to be saved by Her.

Last edited:

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
The more I think it the more I hope the Shuri pic is a swerve. Just picturing them going to Wakanda again and they see a badass female BP running around. We all think it's Okoye but it ends up being Shuri.

Just interested in how Wakanda reacts to the events. Yeah they became more open and what Thanos was doing impacted them as well but they let outsiders in and they lost their king and plenty of their people.

This would be cool but given they were in Wakanda at the snap, they should surely know where Shuri is. Unfortunately, i think she's bitten the dust.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I've never read the full Secret Invasion story but the concept is pretty cool and something the MCU can and most likely will run with after introducing Skrulls in Captain Marvel.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
It would be a "fun" twist if it were revealed that Clint's magical family in AoU were a Skrull squad.

It'd go a long way at least to explaining where they come from.

Skrull conspiracy theories on top of Quantum Zone business and potential time travel would be a complete mess of a film.

Clint's family is just that. A family he has that's kept on the DL because SHIELD was a nest of vipers, killers, and HYDRA double agents. The more well known they are the more of a target he is.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imo they put Lang, Spidey and Shuri on purpose
Lang is not missing we know that, he just happened to be in QU during the snap
Spidey is dusted for sure, but they probably put him there because he's the most popular and/or could be related to FFH trailers ? Idk
Shuri is probably gone but not gone. I'd love if she's the new BP for this movie but people haven't figured it out.
So did Hawkeye's fam die from the snap ?
99% yes

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spidey is dusted for sure, but they probably put him there because he's the most popular and/or could be related to FFH trailers ? Idk

Now I'm starting to wonder if the first Spiderman trailer opens up with the Daily Bugle asking "WHERE IS SPIDERMAN?" and showing us that things have gotten much worse in New York since The Snap because he isn't there. Between Homecoming and Infinity War, he would have been Spiderman for a couple of years after all.

The trailer doesn't even need Spiderman in it if the intention is to show why he's needed back home and that way you don't spoil anything about how Spidey comes back or where he comes back.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm still angry they never released the IMAX version on Bluray.

I'm 100+ miles from the nearest IMAX, I'm never going to get to see that version.

EDIT: Clearest image I could get from the higher bitrate IMAX trailer

w5fS0MU.png

I'm now convinced it says "STRAT_ISO3".

Last edited:

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, who'd have a thought an entire theory based off a blurry set of frames from a relatively low-quality version of the trailer would be bunk?