• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
oof, yup. AMC completely knocked out while I was checking out. Thanks guys

Oct 27, 2017
Have to go to a meeting, so I bought the first normal screening over IMAX since the latter just wouldn't load.

I guess I'm okay with this. The IMAX one on Thursday for me was at 10 PM, and I am bad at staying up late so staying in a theater until 1 AM is a no go.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, this is by far the biggest movie event this century so far. Next biggest thing I can remember....well I guess IW. Maybe also revenge of the sith.

You're thinking The Phantom Menace, pre-Fandango where you actually had to camp outside for tickets.

RotS didn't even come close in terms of hype.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fandango website seems to be working again, has me in a 14 minutes queue to purchase additional tickets.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Glad I woke up early and got my AMC tickets. Dolby Cinema, middle of the theater. LET'S GO!

Looks like the site is barely working now.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Insanity. 8:20 AM on a Tuesday and you have this -

9xHGc4F.jpg

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Got Dolby tickets for Friday night, holy hell was that a horrible experience.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
Some poor fool had the best seats in the house but then cancelled for some reason and I snagged them. Whatever it takes.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Only good thing for me is that you have to be a gold member to preorder tickets this early, and since no one can log in, the seats are still available. But holy shit would I feel better if I could just buy the damn tickets. LET ME GIVE YOU MY MONEY

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Sweet, got three tickets for a 6PM standard showing. I'm usually meticulous about my seat selection but I was glad to see the seat map load at all and picked something closest to dead center I could find.

gEJKn2Il.png

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Welp, I've made it to check out 3 times on 3 sites for 3 different theaters only for them to all fail before checkout.

No one was ready for this.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
And STILL no showtimes or listings up in my local theater. I'm about to just go back to sleep. Absolutely no reason why the Megaplex near me doesn't even have showtimes available when all other theaters and other Megaplex locations in my state have had theirs up since yesterday night.

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Got my tickets.... my local theater went from "available soon" at 4:59am to SOLD OUT all showings for the next week at 5:04 and that was after at 2 minute waiting cue.

after numerous failed attempts (around 10 or so....) at securing seats, getting the site to log me in, and having to switch theaters 3x.... luckily the 3rd theater was opening more and more showings after repeated failings to actually purchase the seats I selected, which allowing me to secure a seat before someone else buy it from under me.
2 Tickets for Thursday night secured. Now I can go back to sleep.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
holy shit Fandango, how is it possible to let me get to the ticket purchase part for both the opening link and the 6pm link, and yet I still have no ability to buy tickets for either link, what the FUCK

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Saturday afternoon, middle of the theatre. Middle seats were already taken for the Friday evening and I don't like staying up too late. Quite happy nonetheless, thanks Era!

EroticSushi

Oct 25, 2017
Was checking the AMC app while on the toilet, still said "Coming Soon". Come out and F5 the AMC page on my PC and I see that they went up. Check my IMAX Thursday showing for 6oclock. All the middle seats were gone. Quickly went to 6:30 on Friday and got my usual two favorite seats for IMAX. Half the theater was already sold for Friday as well. Phew.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
That was almost a disaster. Fuck MovieTickets.com.

They did not put up tickets for the Providence Place IMAX theater as they do for literally every Marvel movie when they go on sale and still haven't for any date.

So instead, I went to Fandango and they had them in an almost empty theater. Except every time I selected three seats, it was like, "THOSE ARE GONE FUCK YOU."

After 6 or 7 times of choosing three seats only to be told they were gone and watching the theater fill up fast, I finally got three seats in the back row

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Dang. Showcase Cinema was the truth here. They weren't even sold out. Tickets got, front and center.

Oct 30, 2017
Every theater in my area in the AMC App is a go. The one i want (the nice one lol) just says "an error occurred on the server".

Am I a joke to you? Lol

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honest question - do people really need to pre-book tickets or is it just a, like, "pre-ordering a digital game" type thing? I've never needed to, and even for big movies like Infinity War on opening weekend, I've never had an issue walking in ~15 minutes before start time and getting tickets. I don't know if that's just good luck though.

Gotta bring this back for a hearty chuckle lmao

Nov 23, 2017
I got Fandango to work for me. I got a Thursday night 9:50 PM XD 3D showing with six reserved seats at the very top. Niceee.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Honest question - do people really need to pre-book tickets or is it just a, like, "pre-ordering a digital game" type thing? I've never needed to, and even for big movies like Infinity War on opening weekend, I've never had an issue walking in ~15 minutes before start time and getting tickets. I don't know if that's just good luck though.

A coworker does this. But he goes to a movie theatre that's in a not so great part of town. For any 'big' movie I've gone to, yes, they always sell out.