• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Where is he from? Sorry I feel so out of touch regarding these verified tweets that get posted here a lot. Half the time I'm like "who are they and why do so many people follow them?" lol
He's a reviewer for Indiewire. He also does amazing "Best of" end of year film compilations. Super snooty and pretentious, but, when he likes something, it's usually a good sign.

FTR: I like the dude, but whenever he talks about Marvel or 3D animation, I'm usually eye-rolling.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
It being considered a tonal opposite of IW deflates me

I remember telling someone that this was NOT going to be a grim movie besides it's starting point, but honestly, that's the most obvious thing in the world.

Anyone who thought this was going to be anything other than hopeful and triumphant in tone was not thinking that much about it tbh.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
8.4 average score after 51 reviews, nice. Should be able to hold around 7.8-8.0 and definitely end up higher than Infinity War (which I think had about 7.4?).

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Wow, this has scored better than I thought it would. Happy about that, now gotta pick a good time to see it. Exiciting time for movies.
Hoping that Detective Pikachu follows suit.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I remember telling someone that this was NOT going to be a grim movie besides it's starting point, but honestly, that's the most obvious thing in the world.

Anyone who thought this was going to be anything other than hopeful and triumphant in tone was not thinking that much about it tbh.

People wanted this to be a grim dark movie?

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's a reviewer for Indiewire. He also does amazing "Best of" end of year film compilations. Super snooty and pretentious, but, when he likes something, it's usually a good sign.

FTR: I like the dude, but whenever he talks about Marvel or 3D animation, I'm usually eye-rolling.

Thanks, Ill have to check out some of his best of lists in that case.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
2 more sleeps, couple of colleagues are going to watch it now and come into work shortly after though, that's gonna be fun...

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017

As someone who likes Ehrlich, describing him like that is totally fair. I am fairly snooty about movies as well and we have similar taste, and even I find him to be a little much at times.

Last edited:

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who likes Ehrlich, describing him like that is totally fair. I am fairly snooty about movies as well and we have similar taste, and even I find him to be a little much as times.
I'm all on board with this post.

I love seeing Endgame get great reviews but I'm not sure I can take someone who spouts that level of hyperbole about IW seriously...
If it helps, his only time watching it was during that continuous Marvel movie marathon he agreed to sit through for charity, so, in addition to already disliking Marvel generally, he was especially pre-disposed to hating it.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Q5n0uDB.png

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
I actually rewatched IW last week. I don't think it holds up to multiple viewings, it definitely felt like a slog to get through. Some of critiques of Endgame comparing it favoriably to IW have me excited for sure.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
From David Ehrlich, who mostly dislikes Marvel

Ehrlich's reviews are not really a touchstone for me, especially as far as superheroes go since he tends to dislike those movies anyway (was not surprised he hated Infinity War since he watched it at the tail end of a 30-hour marathon of other movies that he also mostly hated lol). But even still, his praise for this one is pretty interesting to see.