• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
From The Verge (spoiler free review) -

Much like Star Wars: The Last Jedi, it will inevitably anger some viewers, who won't get the specific payoffs they wanted. And it'll lose some viewers entirely, either through its tangled storylines, or its dedication to dark, sad emotions instead of the triumph that usually comes with superhero stories. But for a certain brand of fan, the ones that care about who these characters are, where they started, and what they've become over time, this is going to be an experience like nothing else they've seen onscreen.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Straight up, someone describing this movie like A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms (latest GoT episode) is the best praise this movie could get. It makes perfect sense for that to be what we get post snap and post 22 movies of build up.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Infinity War was TFA, Endgame is The Last Jedi.

Fnh7kW7.gif

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still very skeptical this will happen, but if the movie somehow does an ROTK-tier scene of cooldown/contemplation with the themes it has, then it will earn my respect.

But again, I doubt it. Would be open to being proved wrong.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I guess Metacritic doesn't put much weight on Slant's reviews because their 38 only dropped it from a 79 to a 78 with 29 critics counted, probably a good thing, Slant seems to actively under score games and movies that they think will review well for attention.

Oct 28, 2017
The Verge review
Much like Star Wars: The Last Jedi, it will inevitably anger some viewers, who won't get the specific payoffs they wanted. And it'll lose some viewers entirely, either through its tangled storylines, or its dedication to dark, sad emotions instead of the triumph that usually comes with superhero stories. But for a certain brand of fan, the ones that care about who these characters are, where they started, and what they've become over time, this is going to be an experience like nothing else they've seen onscreen.
I will laugh my fucking ass off if this is even remotely true.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
Pray for me guys. I work at a movie theater and am seeing the film that Sunday.

I'm keeping earplugs on for no spoilers.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
98%. Holy fuck. The Russo's did it again.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Why have I never seen this gif before lol, I'm stealing this.

I literally just made it. Feel free to steal it lol

Pray for me guys. I work at a movie theater and am seeing the film that Sunday.

I'm keeping earplugs on for no spoilers.

I'm tempted to do that at my midnight screening today (!) but I'm going with a friend and there's quite a low chance that the people going to a midnight screening will be discussing spoilers. My main worry is someone doing a drive-by spoiling, that would just be awful.

S I C K O

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I really hate twitter hot takes.

I glad this movie is a little bit of a closer. The MCU saga needs to wind down a bit.

Looking forward to it. The leaked stuff made me pretty hyped.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This settles it. The MCU is one of the greatest cinematic accomplishments in history. The popularity while maintaining this kind of quality.

Absolutely unheard of.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Infinity War was legitimately my favorite movie of last year and I've seen hundreds of them already.
That sort of response from someone who called IW "space trash" is fucking depressing.
I'm officially skipping this. And there's no point in watching anything after it if I do that. FML

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yall focusing on the last jedi comparison instead of the important part

"But for a certain brand of fan, the ones that care about who these characters are, where they started, and what they've become over time, this is going to be an experience like nothing else they've seen onscreen."

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Infinity War was legitimately my favorite movie of last year and I've seen hundreds of them already.
That sort of response from someone who called IW "space trash" is fucking depressing.
I'm officially skipping this.

I see it as a good sign. It seems to be a film that is good enough to stand alone from previous marvel films and convince detractors.

If you're skipping this based on early previews that's pretty extreme.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
I'm officially skipping this. And there's no point in watching anything after it if I do that. FML
I sure hope this is bait, or that you at least read more than one review since almost all the others praising the movie also liked IW