• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
It's good that the initial social media impressions are positive. But these reactions are literally the same as the Infinity War social media impressions before the movie dropped. So the praise feels inconsequential at this point.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Age of Ultron got negative impressions from premieres??

Maybe I can trust these reactions a little more than before.

Sure did, lots of impressions of bloat etc

It's good that the initial social media impressions are positive. But these reactions are literally the same as the Infinity War social media impressions before the movie dropped. So the praise feels inconsequential at this point.

The impressions seem better than IW, and I really liked IW..so it seems like it will be a win. (For Me at least)

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
John Campea bringing the hype train down a little.

At the very least seems like the movie sticks the landing.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
As long as it is better than AoU, I'm fine.
I just want to know if my boi Hawkeye gets his time to really shine.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't go full "these social media reactions mean nothing they're always overwhelmingly positive" but I will say the most interesting part is guessing if the few negative criticims you do see are the ones that will catch one when the movie releases.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As long as it is better than AoU, I'm fine.
I just want to know if my boi Hawkeye gets his time to really shine.

It's directed by the Russo Brothers. Their record thus far....
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  • Captain America: Civil War
  • Avengers: Infinity War
I think it's safe to assume it'll be better than Age of Ultron...

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds underwhelming.

Was expecting "better than oxygen" and "it makes the creation of the universe seem like a silent fart"

Pre order cancelled!

(Just 2 more dayssssss)

I was hoping for "Totally justifies the last 15 billion years of universal expansion, starting with the big bang. The pinnacle of human achivement, and quite obviously, the reason for our existence. Bring on the rapture, we're done as a species." I've canceled my pre-orders.

...I hate when I can't come up with something more outlandish than something that someone's actually said.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no not humor...

Next you'll be telling me that I will feel joy and happiness! How terrible...

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know how you can see Infinity War and how funny that was and how well they balance the tone and then be worried about this movie made by the same people.

Infinity War is hilarious if you pay attention to how much there are jokes in there and yet it is used when appropriate and it is balanced with some weighty emotional and grim moments that stick with you, but it also makes the movie so rewatchable for me due to how they balance it.

Other movies that go for similar tones, like Logan, for instance, just get so stuck in the grim, nihilistic aspects that they are hard to watch more than once. I don't think Infinity War would have been as good of a movie if they didn't execute the humor as well as they did. It lifts you up to break you down.