• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
|O P E N| |S P O I L E R S|

0MZj0ZR.png

Directed by Joe and Anthony Russo
Written by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely
Produced by Kevin Feige
Original Score by Alan Silvestri

Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man
Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America
Chris Hemsworth as Thor
Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow
Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/Hulk
Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye
Brie Larson as Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel
Don Cheadle as James Rhodes/War Machine
Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon
Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier
Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch
Paul Bettany as The Vision
Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Stephen Strange
Benedict Wong as Wong
Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man
Evangeline Lily as Hope Van Dyne/The Wasp
Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts/Rescue
John Favreau as Happy Hogan
Chadwick Boseman as T'Challa/Black Panther
Danai Gurira as Okoye
Letitia Wright as Shuri
Winston Duke as M'Baku
Tessa Thompson as Brunhilde/Valkyrie
Tom Hiddleston as Loki
Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Star-Lord
Zoe Saldana as Gamora
Dave Bautista as Drax
Bradley Cooper as Rocket
Vin Diesel as Groot
Pom Klementieff as Mantis
Karen Gillan as Nebula
Frank Grillo as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones
Josh Brolin as Thanos

0pxu6XL.png

NO SPOILERS THREAD IS THIS WAY

Last edited:

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
RIP Stark.

Rest well. You crazy son of a bitch.

The Cap'n thing will be divisive as all hell I don't see how they can pull it off in a way that doesn't piss people off

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I mostly like the way the leaks sound, but I don't buy them. How they supposedly connect to FFH is ???

Tony dying is entirely expected for me though

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I mostly like the way the leaks sound, but I don't buy them. How they supposedly connect to FFH is ???

Tony dying is entirely expected for me though

No one but the heroes remember anything. Peter has to go on as a Super Hero without his mentor

Pretty sure the only reason Happy is in the movie is to give him a "Tony would have wanted you to know..." pep talk

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Regarding FFH, I'll repost what I said in the other thread:

"I think Far From Home does take place before Infinity War but there's a framing device that takes place after Endgame.

Future Spider-Man movies will use the time skip as an opportunity to give Peter new classmates consisting of Harry Osborn, Gwen Stacy, and Miles Morales."

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Cap's ending seems way too convoluted, don't know if the casual audience will get it.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good on them for keeping fat thor a secret especially since professor hulk was known for months despite never being in marketing

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Killing off Natasha is such a weird decision when she has a movie releasing next year. If it's a prequel then i'm not very interested just ike I wasn't interested in Solo because Han had already been offed in TFA by that point.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've read the plot summary and posts from people on other sites, but none of them are very clear on things. It's odd lol I expected more specificity although I can understand not remembering everything the first time.

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Killing off Natasha is such a weird decision when she has a movie releasing next year. If it's a prequel then i'm not very interested just ike I wasn't interested in Solo because Han had already been offed in TFA by that point.
Black Widow has always been known to be a prequel.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I haven't seen a single post in this thread and accidentally saw something elsewhere saying "what did Bucky think of Sam getting the shield?"

Now, the person said they heard it and haven't seen the movie. For those who have seen it, is this even a discussion or is someone just incorrect or being mislead?

Mind you, I want to know nothing about Cap or anything else, just curious if it sounds like the person was legit or just trolling. I don't know if it's temporary, permanent, anything (nor do I want to know anything else, either).

Hell, you could even say "legit" or "troll" or "could go either way." Quote me or even PM me if you can answer, no other spoilers or info please. Or if it doesn't even matter as far as plot goes, say that too. I'm hoping it's just a random guess but I know it's likely anyway.

Thanks!

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Open spoilers, right?

I can't fathom why they chose to kill Stark and leave Steve alive, it's seriously a backwards decision narrative-wise.

Steve leaves and goes to live in the past, therefore:
  • Peggy's family is replaced by whatever family Steve Rogers has with her now.
  • Rogers doesn't give half a shit about Bucky being brainwashed, killing Tony's parents, or any of that — given that he can now interfere. Nah. He just lives in some cabin with his wife.
  • Hydra infiltrating SHIELD? Yeah, not gonna do anything about it either. Time paradoxes and all that.
Even ignoring those points, this goes against Steve's character. He is a man out of time, someone struggling to adjust to the modern era. He does not yearn for a better life for himself, but rather for a better world. Are you telling me that after all these years with the Avengers he never grew as a character? His most profound desire was to go back in time and dance with Peggy? What about Bucky? Sam? What about anything he's been doing the past decade or so.

SArcher

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Open spoilers, right?

I can't fathom why they chose to kill Stark and leave Steve alive, it's seriously a backwards decision narrative-wise.

• Rogers doesn't give half a shit about Bucky being brainwashed, killing Tony's parents, or any of that — given that he can now interfere. Nah. He just lives in some cabin with his wife.
  • Hydra infiltrating SHIELD? Yeah, not gonna do anything about it either. Time paradoxes and all that.
Even ignoring those points, this goes against Steve's character. He is a man out of time, someone struggling to adjust to the modern era. He does not yearn for a better life for himself, but rather for a better world. Are you telling me that after all these years with the Avengers he never grew as a character? His most profound desire was to go back in time and dance with Peggy? What about Bucky? Sam? What about anything he's been doing the past decade or so.

Or is it possible that none of that happens now?

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Or is it possible that none of that happens now?
If none of that happens then the events of Infinity War did not happen, which is impossible given where they are now. That's the thing with time travel, it becomes more convoluted the more you think about it. I guess they just want us to turn our brains off for three hours and don't really think deep into the ramifications of alternating an entire timeline.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Open spoilers, right?

tumblr_od3c93bJyO1rtels1o1_540.gif

Now I understand how Star Wars fans feel.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
tumblr_od3c93bJyO1rtels1o1_540.gif

Now I understand how Star Wars fans feel.
I'm just crushed with Tony Stark dying. He worked so hard for a better future and did not get to see it. Idk, Tony retiring and just developing tech to the new wave of Avengers and Steve being the one doing the snap would be more fitting for both characters. I just don't get it. I'm sure I'll enjoy the movie because the visuals, fighting scenes, humor and all that is always top notch, but this makes me sad.

SArcher

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is it confirmed that Steve just lives out the rest of his life in the past in secret? And even if eh does, he'd still mess up the timeline just by hooking up with Peggy.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I feel like they could have made Captain Marvel the leader of the group without Tony being killed and Steve being Weeping Angel'd.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
like i mentioned in the other thread they butchered Thor's arc

in Ragnarok, he decided that it was time for him to stop running and fulfill his duty as King to his people

and then in this one he just abandons them.. come on son

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I understand why people might be troubled about Steve living the "happy life" in the past while allowing bad things to happen, things he could change.

However, maybe the knowledge that interfering (even in any small way) could ruin the eventual victory over Thanos is enough to make him put his own code aside? I could see that being the case, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one, afterall. Even if it means Steve has to "rest" for awhile and stop himself from acting on his own nature.

Either way, this movie is going to induce some long discussions for a long time after, no doubt!

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Tony ded like a boss.
Widow ded like a Gamora.
Old Man Cap thanks to time travel BS.
Thor gets Fat.
Incels will cry as Cap Marvel has 0 nerfs and continues to give 0 fucks.

They seriously killed Black Widow like that....wow
Wait...if we get Unworthy Thor....does that mean Jane Thor becomes a thing?!!?!?

Edit:
Also this is so weird, doesn't like Steve have a thing with Sharon Carter? Kinda skevy

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Tony had a very good life. Cap spent his entire life in misery and war, alone and sad. Doesn't he deserve some happiness?

Oct 27, 2017
It sounds like (from one leaker) that they accidentally send him back too far, so that's why he couldn't come back through the quantum portal (he needed to wait it out to deliver the stone back to the right place/time).

Once that is done, he has no choice but to wait until 2019 to reappear as he can't mess with the timeline.

It makes total sense that Cap would lay low, as he knows that messing with the timeline would prevent them stopping Thanos, everything needs to happen the way it did for the plan to work.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Tony had a very good life. Cap spent his entire life in misery and war, alone and sad. Doesn't he deserve some happiness?

Sure. But why does his happiness have to come at the cost of his own character? Why did he need to be sent back in time to shack up with Peggy? Shouldn't he have been able to move on and carve a bit of a life out for himself in the world he lives in now?

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Fascinated how they reconcile

- Tony insisting the five years aren't touched / his daughter survives

- The Fallen coming back and five years having passed

They've got to reset time to just a few seconds post Snap surely? Just bundle the survivors / Pepper et al through to it

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Sure. But why does his happiness have to come at the cost of his own character? Why did he need to be sent back in time to shack up with Peggy? Shouldn't he have been able to move on and carve a bit of a life out for himself in the world he lives in now?

Yeah, he should, but he couldn't move on. It has been his strength and his failing throughout the years. Besides, if what the previous post mentioned is true, we may still be missing important context.

Status
Not open for further replies.