• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
You know for all the cheering during this movie, none of them matched the pop when Hulk slammed Loki in a1. My theater went damn nuts.
Im not a comic book guy but my favorite parts on all the avengers movies has been at the end of avengers when Bruce shows up to the fight and turns into the hulk mid punch, when cap is giving everyone instructions on how to contain the aliens and then he looks at hulk and says "hulk, smash" and hulk smirk and just jumps off and starts fucking shit up (this one moment brings me so much joy, it's just so perfect) and then when hulk puts the beats on Loki.

So at the beginning of infinity war when thanos literally kicks hulks ass so bad that he doesn't even want to come out anymore I thought was amazing because it was a very quick and efficient way to show how powerful thanos was but more importantly I was convinced that hulk would eventually get his revenge in endgame and have this awesome toe to toe fight with thanos....

AND IT NEVER HAPPENS!!!!! How does this not happen?!?! Overall I found endgame to be a bit disappointing and unfortunately this was a big reason why.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Oh, forgot there were Ravagers there. That would be an easy search too.

Hey Uncle Ravager dude...

Uncle Raveger dude? You mean Mr Mary Poppins? He died though. :(

She can hitch a ride to the nearest shithole planet and then like Jason Bourne she's gone. I'm sure whenever they catch up with her it'll be fun, I bet they'll even do a homage to the first time they crossed paths in GotG1, where they were all chasing the same bounty.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Uncle Raveger dude? You mean Mr Mary Poppins? He died though. :(

She can hitch a ride to the nearest shithole planet and then like Jason Bourne she's gone. I'm sure whenever they catch up with her it'll be fun, I bet they'll even do a homage to the first time they crossed paths in GotG1, where they were all chasing the same bounty.

I said "uncle", not "daddy". But yeah, I see how she could have escaped.

(Hope Tony didn't accidentally dust her.)

Oct 28, 2017
You're kidding right? You can't be this socially unaware

Socially unaware? Fuck off dude.

Why is Cap whipping out a pic of Peggy Carter before fighting Thanos? We know why, because the writers wanted to plant that seed in the story, but there's very little reason he would do something like that. It's not like he whips out her pic all the time lol

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Maybe Iron Man didn't kill Thanos but instead his "wish" was to just move Thanos and his army though time and space to their own 2014 Timeline with No memories of it!

Wouldn't that use more of the Infinity Stones's power?
For breaking down, moving though the quantum realm and rebuilding atoms with memories removed sound like it would use a lot more energy than just only to break them down or only to rebuild them?

At least this would make Iron Man a more mercyful Hero who even if when he could kill Thanos and his army didn't choose to do that! That would prove that Tony Stark had a heart

Iron Man's always been okay with killing people.

SelfreliantCriminalArieltoucan-size_restricted.gif
latest

3595242-8330631088-Iron_.gif

Even aside from humans, he must have killed like 1000 Chitauri.

Danvers is such a huge problem for the MCU. She is an unstoppable killing machine with no (apparent) limits and no real ties to anything. What is her moral code? She can trash entire space fleets seemingly at a whim.

Yet for DECADES she never bothered to stop Thanos, the Dark Elves, or any other marauding group we've seen so far (of which the universe apparently has plenty).

I'm pretty cool with her NEVER interacting with any other MCU character or film again. Just spin her off into her own series and leave it be.

Though her powers are derived from an infinity stone right? Or was it the Tesseract? Maybe they can nerf her at some point in that way so she can become relatable.

I enjoyed Endgame. I dont think the newer characters have anywhere near the charisma RJD, Evans, and Heimsworth were able to bring so I'm glad at least Thor should show up in other films. Hopefully now they can grow Strange, SW, BP, and Falcon into proper characters. Be nice if they take a step back from massive CGI fightfests for a bit and get back to 1 on 1 stunt fights. The heroes versus Thanos stuff has been the best stuff in the MCU for some time. I'm hoping Falcon and WS get to do that and I'm expecting the BW movie to have John Wick levels of fight choreography.

You could say the same about litteraly every space faring faction or hero. Why didn't Odin stop Thanos for example.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl

Why is Cap whipping out a pic of Peggy Carter before fighting Thanos? We know why, because the writers wanted to plant that seed in the story, but there's very little reason he would do something like that. It's not like he whips out her pic all the time lol

He actually kinda does lol. Go back and watch the first Cap movie. He looked at it before he flew his plane into the ocean. I think the implication here is he's willing to sacrifice himself again if need be to save everyone and he's fully expecting to die that first trip to Thanos early on.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

He's done it multiple times over several movies. This isn't at all out of character for Cap.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I went for a second viewing tonight, much nicer audio and better seating this time around.

One thing I found interesting and how Age of Ultron was good was forshadowing was in this when the HQ is destroyed and Steve asks what happens Tony says something along the lines of "You mess with time and it messes back"

Might have been a throwaway line, but it could also be a neat hint of there being repercussions that might comeup with all the timetravel that's happened between these all eventually.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's probably in the comics and all but I couldn't get into that falcon scene since the whole time I was thinking 'wtf is a non superhuman gonna do with a freaking shield.'
I agree. Will have to see this this works.
Strange comes off entirely different when rewatching Infinity War now that we've seen Endgame. It's pretty incredible.

Yup, just rewatching most of the other movies after seeing End Game, it's different.

This is why I recommend watching all the other movies, it gives End Game that much more impact IMO.

Oct 28, 2017
Go back and watch the first Cap movie.

The context there is way different. Cap is on a suicide mission and Peggy is alive. She's been long dead by this movie. I just thought it odd that Cap would not only have a pic of her on him but would be staring at it before heading into battle. Is it a really big deal? Nope. But it just seemed out of left field at that point in the narrative, in my opinion.

Deleted member 1445

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went for a second viewing tonight, much nicer audio and better seating this time around.

One thing I found interesting and how Age of Ultron was good was forshadowing was in this when the HQ is destroyed and Steve asks what happens Tony says something along the lines of "You mess with time and it messes back"

Might have been a throwaway line, but it could also be a neat hint of there being repercussions that might comeup with all the timetravel that's happened between these all eventually.
That's what I was hoping. There's some posts on the consequences in this thread. If you think about it, say the reality where Hulk talks to TAO, then the Hulk from that reality would eventually go back in time and then there would be two Hulks trying to talk to TAO at the same time, three the next time, four, and so on. Plus, for every time this happens, all the other realities have to be branched (copied) as well, so it grows exponentially. It's not just something that can keep on growing, they either have to devise a system to stop it from happening, or there needs to be some outside intervening. Would be cool if they go in that direction, get even more real consequences for what Thanos did, and would be interesting in its own right.

But after the screenwriter's comments on how he understood time travel, I don't think that's happening. At least not by them :(

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Going for my third viewing this evening, think that'll be enough for me then.

Im not a comic book guy but my favorite parts on all the avengers movies has been at the end of avengers when Bruce shows up to the fight and turns into the hulk mid punch, when cap is giving everyone instructions on how to contain the aliens and then he looks at hulk and says "hulk, smash" and hulk smirk and just jumps off and starts fucking shit up (this one moment brings me so much joy, it's just so perfect) and then when hulk puts the beats on Loki.

So at the beginning of infinity war when thanos literally kicks hulks ass so bad that he doesn't even want to come out anymore I thought was amazing because it was a very quick and efficient way to show how powerful thanos was but more importantly I was convinced that hulk would eventually get his revenge in endgame and have this awesome toe to toe fight with thanos....

AND IT NEVER HAPPENS!!!!! How does this not happen?!?! Overall I found endgame to be a bit disappointing and unfortunately this was a big reason why.

It's because you so expected and wanted this to happen that you're disappointed. That doesn't mean that the alternative is bad. It's the less obvious route for Hulk, but he ends up doing important stuff either way, like getting the time stone and doing the snap. They did a 180° turn with Hulk sure, but I had no problem with it and I was also pretty sure they'd have Hulk beating the shit out of Thanos.

ZeldaGalaxy94

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden
Iron Man never had a problem killing people. He was smoking fools in his very first outing as Iron Man. He never stopped.
A third "idea" could be that his wish was to kill Thanos and his army in all of the different timeline/multiverse and not just there, so he saved the multiverse too and that could have make Captain America life with Peggy in that timeline less busy too!

Also didn't Tony Stark get PTSD in Iron Man 3 because of all that killing?

But what is important is to think of is how much he may have change himself as a person under those 5 year raising up a kid with Pepper

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I'm constantly amused by how everyone in the theater cheers when Dr Strange appears, then Quill shows up and the cheering dies down a notch, then Spidey leaps into frame and everyone goes nuts again.

I'm sure Pratt is like "James, please, you gotta make me cool again in the next one. Please. Even my kids hate me now. :("

Both times I saw the movie Spidey swinging through the portal got one of the biggest crowd reactions. FFH is going to do some business for sure.

Let's talk about the "on your left" scene for a bit. I've been thinking about the structure of the scene. Would you all change it in any way or do you think it's perfect the way it is?

Here's the current structure (if I'm remembering it correctly):

Radio crackle.
"Do you read me?"
Radio crackle."
"It's Sam."
Radio crackle.
"On your left"
Cap sees a portal.

I've been considering what the reaction would be if you remove "It's Sam" so the big reaction would occur when we hear "on your left". As it is, the "Sam" dialogue kind of robs the subsequent "on your left" and portal reveal a little of its impact, because everyone is already reacting to his name and realising the heroes are returning. But I think you still need the 'do you read me' to set up the reveal, and plus some in the audience wouldn't immediately recognise his voice.
idk, when you hear "It's Sam" there were a bunch of I-can't-believe-it gaps in the theater followed by huge cheering/applause when the portals start opening. I'd say the current version works pretty well, haha.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Does the destruction of the infinity stones have any repercussions for their timeline? The ancient one and Dr Strangetalk about how important the time stone is for the safety of pretty much all living beings, and now it's gone. That seems important, but I could be wrong.

Nov 30, 2017
The more I think about it the more I think Natasha wasn't given the send off she deserves. The last ten minutes is basically devoted the Tony and Steve, their heroics and sacrifice, but Widow was there stopping Vanko with Tony, Loki in New York, Hydra, Ultron, helping the New Avengers, on the front lines of Wakanda, giving her life for a stone.. All without any powers. She has done as much as anyone. I hope her movie fixes things a little.

I think if a BW movie wasn't coming out they would have had the funeral for her in this movie. Either they save it for her movie to give her final goodbye if it's a prequel there or it's a sequel and her having a funeral is pointless.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I've mentioned this before but I could see a scenario where she's still alive. Banner said he tried to get her back but how would he know he failed? Her body is on Vormir in the past. If she was revived she'd be on Vormir and Dr. Strange might not know if she's alive if she was.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
She tried to jump with Rhodey earlier but couldn't because Bad Nebula was jacked into her network.

She never pressed the button to jump because Bad Nebula was jacked into her network, but she regained control after with plenty of time to jump, even after she finds that trying to communicate with Nat and Clint.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I found interesting and how Age of Ultron was good was forshadowing was in this when the HQ is destroyed and Steve asks what happens Tony says something along the lines of "You mess with time...

That was a line that directly tied into 2012 Thanos appearing before them, wasn't it?

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
That's what I was hoping. There's some posts on the consequences in this thread. If you think about it, say the reality where Hulk talks to TAO, then the Hulk from that reality would eventually go back in time and then there would be two Hulks trying to talk to TAO at the same time, three the next time, four, and so on. Plus, for every time this happens, all the other realities have to be branched (copied) as well, so it grows exponentially. It's not just something that can keep on growing, they either have to devise a system to stop it from happening, or there needs to be some outside intervening. Would be cool if they go in that direction, get even more real consequences for what Thanos did, and would be interesting in its own right.

But after the screenwriter's comments on how he understood time travel, I don't think that's happening. At least not by them :(
Well there wouldn't be 2 Hulks because there wasn't 2 Hulks. He was there alone. The branching timelines version of timetravel that they seem to be going with means that you can't change anything that has happened in a given timeline.

But you're right that it would mean that more timelines keep branching for every timeline that needs to use timetravel to fix things. Maybe they'll address that at some point.

Oct 28, 2017
She never pressed the button to jump because Bad Nebula was jacked into her network, but she regained control after with plenty of time to jump, even after she finds that trying to communicate with Nat and Clint.

I don't see any evidence in the movie that she regained control. She did press the button to jump, but she couldn't because her location was scrambled up with Bad Nebula. Guess she can't disable her WiFi

Deleted member 1445

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well there wouldn't be 2 Hulks because there wasn't 2 Hulks. He was there alone. The branching timelines version of timetravel that they seem to be going with means that you can't change anything that has happened in a given timeline.

But you're right that it would mean that more timelines keep branching for every timeline that needs to use timetravel to fix things. Maybe they'll address that at some point.
Alright, I'll do it again!

Say we have reality MCU0. MCU0 Hulk goes into the 'past' creating reality MCU1 and talks to TAO. MCU0 Hulk goes back. This is now history in MCU1.

So, now in the future MCU1 Hulk goes into the past again. This time creating reality MCU2. In he past MCU0 was there, so this time, MCU0 Hulk will already be there.

But wait! It can't be the original MCU0 Hulk, because that Hulk didn't see another Hulk! So now another reality must exist, say MCU0.1.

So now we have reality MCU0, MCU1, MCU2 and MCU0.1.

The next time, caused by MCU2's Hulk going back and creating another reality there will be MCU0, MCU1, MCU2, MCU3, MCU0.1, MCU0.2, and MCU1.1. I think.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

No there wouldn't be a buildup of Hulks talking to TAO at the same time. Prime Hulk lived threw Prime 2012, then eventually traveled to 2012A. If 2012A Hulk ends up going back in time to reverse a snap, he'd be going to yet another timeline, 2012B.

time traveling Hulks would never run into each other.

If your talking about there being too many universes, that's not a problem. There are an infinite number of universes.

Last edited:

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Maybe Iron Man didn't kill Thanos but instead his "wish" was to just move Thanos and his army though time and space to their own 2014 Timeline with No memories of it!

Wouldn't that use more of the Infinity Stones's power?
For breaking down, moving though the quantum realm and rebuilding atoms with memories removed sound like it would use a lot more energy than just only to break them down or only to rebuild them?

At least this would make Iron Man a more mercyful Hero who even if when he could kill Thanos and his army didn't choose to do that! That would prove that Tony Stark had a heart
Why would anyone in their right mind *not* kill Thanos? By killing that Thanos, he prevents him from doing the snap in his original timeline. Sure, there are infinite timelines in where the snap happens anyway, but whatever, fuck Thanos.

Not killing Thanos wouldn't make Tony merciful, it would make Tony stupid.

Oct 28, 2017
And I'm telling you she didn't, lol. She was about to, but right before she pressed it she got interrupted by other Nebula.

You'll see eventually.

Seen the movie 3 times. I'm fairly positive she did. Why would her head go all haywire if she didn't? It wasn't just because Maw was accessing her memory file or should would have been malfunctioning before the attempt to jump.

Nov 30, 2017

No it won't. Because of the butterfly effect. Going by multiverse theory every decision, thought, action creates a split universe, one where it happened, one where it didn't.

Just from them appearing in alternate realities will have caused a butterfly effect to the rest of the future of that timeline. Could be minor and not much different. Could be major and ramifications could be huge positively or negatively for that timeline.

I don't know what the definitive plans are for MCU involving time travel.

The Russos' interview matches everything that was setup in Dr Strange. But then the writers of Endgame completely contradict it.

So are they going to follow what was setup in Dr Strange going forward or did they decide to abandon that idea.

All I know is If they plan on building up to Secret Wars then they better stick with the Dr Strange version.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I watched some Indian reactions of the portal scene, and it was unbearable lol. Like a World Cup final. At the same time I can imagine Indian viewers going to a UK cinema and getting anxiety from how relatively quiet UK reactions are in comparison.

"...why is no one whistling and yelling? This is weird!"

Status
Not open for further replies.